These best riddles with answers have been used for centuries to challenge intelligence of people and have passed the test of time by virtue of how imaginative and fun they can be. Regardless of whether they are easy or hard, you can’t deny that riddles capture our attention with ease, and make us restless until we find the answer. They improve one’s reading comprehension skills and reasoning ability and help riddlers to crack even the toughest riddles.
These skills aren’t just confined to figuring out riddles either; with regular practice and honing, they become important life tools for children and adults alike. Let’s see you take a crack at solving the best riddles below.
Best Riddles Of All Time
- I never was, am always to be. No one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all, To live and breath on this terrestrial ball. What am I?
Tomorrow or the future.
- At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?
- What is in seasons, seconds, centuries and minutes but not in decades, years or days?
The letter N.
- You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?
An ear of corn.
- I know a word of letters three. Add two, and fewer there will be!
- I give you a group of three. One is sitting down, and will never get up. The second eats as much as is given to him, yet is always hungry. The third goes away and never returns. What are they?
A stove, fire, smoke.
Very Best Riddles With Answers
- I drive men mad,
For love of me, easily beaten, never free. What am I?
- I’m lighter than what I am made of and more of me is hidden than is seen. What am I?
- You heard me before, yet you hear me again. Then I die, ’till you call me again.
- I go around in circles, but always straight ahead. I never complain, no matter where I am led. What am I?
- What has six faces, but does not wear makeup, and twenty-one eyes, but cannot see?
- Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?
- What runs around the whole yard without moving?
- What has a foot on each side and one in the middle?
- What tastes better than it smells?
- What loses its head in the morning and gets it back at night?
- You bury me when I’m alive and dig me up when I’m dead. What am I?
Tip: Use these best riddles with answers by writing them down on post-it notes and including them in your kids’ lunches.
- If you drop me I’m sure to crack, but give me a smile and I’ll always smile back. What am I?
- You’ve heard me before, yet you hear me again. Then I die until you call me again. What am I?
- Two men are in a desert. They both have packs on. One of the guys is dead. The guy who is alive has his pack open, the guy who is dead has his pack closed. What is in the pack?
- You answer me, but I never ask you a question. What am I?
- What has one head, one foot and four legs?
- Did you hear the joke about the roof?
Never mind, it’s over your head.
- How many letters are in the alphabet?
There are 11 letters in the alphabet.
- How can you spell cold with two letters?
- I can be cracked, I can be made. I can be told, I can be played. What am I?
- What has no body and no nose?
- I have two arms, but fingers none. I have two feet, but cannot run. While I carry well, I have found I carry best with my feet OFF the ground. What am I?
- There are two monkeys on a tree and one jumps off. Why does the other monkey jump too?
Monkey see monkey do.
Note: Do you have some of the best riddles to add to our mix? Send them to us via our contact page.
- What do you call a baby rifle?
Son of a gun.
- When are boys like bears?
Check out are Puns for Kids.
- How do cowboys ride steers?
With Steer-ing wheels.
- What is Medusa’s favorite cheese?
- What is the best month for a parade?
- What shows do prisoners like to put on?
A cell-out (sell out).
- What has an eye but cannot see?
- Why are artists no good in sports matches?
Because they keep drawing.
- It’s pregnant every time you see her, yet she never will give birth. What is it?
A full moon.
- What do outlaws eat with their milk?
- I can shave 25 times a day and still have a beard? What am I?
Time Tested Puzzlers
- What stays where it is even after it goes off?
An alarm clock.
- You saw me where I never was and where I could not be. And yet within that very place, my face you do often see. What am I?
- I can run, but not walk. Thought is not far behind me. What am I?
- Dirty when white. What am I?
- A skin have I, more eyes than one. I can be very nice when I am done. What am I?
That’s a Stumper!
It’s no doubt that the level of difficulty carried by a riddle may be comprehended differently by different people. Some riddles might be easy for you, while difficult to solve for others. Either way, we hope you weren’t too stumped and had a blast solving this list!
You might like:
Best Riddles – You’re Here