These hard riddles are meant to trip you up. It’s no doubt that these will have your brain working at the fullest, maximum capacity if you hope to solve ’em. These stumpers hit you with details from every angle and will not only challenge your brain, but will also encourage you to think outside the box. Some may be harder than others and in case you found them difficult, we have provided answers. See if anyone you know has stellar problem-solving abilities by challenging them with these difficult riddles!
Super Hard Riddles To Stump The Brain
- What word starts with E and ends with E but only has one letter in it?
- It’s shorter than the rest, but when you’re happy, you raise it up like it’s the best. What is it?
- You can carry it everywhere you go, and it does not get heavy. What is it?
- The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
- The more there is, the less you see. What am I?
- What is full of holes, but still holds a lot of water?
Difficult Riddles With Answers for Kids
- A word I know, six letters it contains, remove one letter, and twelve remains. What am I?
- You see a boat filled with people. You look again, but this time you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why?
The boat has not sunk. All the people on the boat are married.
- If there are three cups of sugar and you take one away, how many do you have?
One, as that is the only one you took away and that is all that you have. The rest still remain where there were.
- What word of five letters has only one left when two letters are removed?
- Why are 1998 pennies worth more than 1997 pennies?
There is one more.
- If you have it and you show it to other people, I’m gone. What am I?
- A bus driver goes the wrong way on a one way street. He passes the cops but they don’t stop him. Why?
He was walking.
- What word looks the same upside down and backwords?
- How do football players stay cool during a game?
They stand next to the fans.
- What type of dress can never be worn?
- My rings are not of gold, but I get more as I get old. What am I?
- What is at the end of a rainbow?
The letter “W”.
- What has ten letters and starts with gas?
- No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?
- How many bricks does it take to complete a building mades of bricks?
One brick – “complete a building.”
- What spends all the time on the floor but never gets dirty?
- How do you know carrots are good for your eyes?
You never see rabbits wearing glasses.
- What falls, but never breaks? What breaks, but never falls?
Day and Night.
Difficult and Challenging Puzzlers for Adults
- A man goes out in heavy rain with nothing to protect him from it. His hair doesn’t get wet. How does he do that?
He is bald.
- Mike and Pat are in a desert. They both have packs on. Pat is dead. Mike who is alive has his pack open, Pat has his pack closed. What is in the packs?
- What has four fingers and thumb, but it is not living?
- What has a heart that doesn’t beat?
- I only lie down once – when I die. What am I?
- I have four keys, but no locks. I have a space, but no room. You can enter, but can’t go inside. What am I?
- Give me food, and I will live. Give me water, and I will die. What am I?
- How do you fit ten horses into nine stalls?
[t] [e] [n] [h] [o] [r] [s] [e] [s]
- What comes in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
The letter M.
- You are my brother, but I am not your brother. Who am I?
I am your sister.
- How can you drop a raw egg from a height onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
Concrete floors are very hard to crack.
- What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?
- What goes up a chimney down, but not down a chimney up?
- There are two sisters. One gives birth to the other, and she in turn, gives birth to the first. Who are the two sisters?
Day and night.
- Each day many people from all over the world come and visit me, however they usually only stay for a couple minutes. I am considered by many to be very dirty, yet few people would want to live without me. And, whenever people come see me, they show a part of themselves that they rarely show to others. What am I?
- What happens once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
The letter “M”.
- A rooster lays an egg at the very top of a slanted roof. Which side is the egg going to roll off on?
Neither, roosters don’t lay eggs.
- Take away the whole and some still remains. What is it?
The word “wholesome”.
- Forward I am heavy, but backward I am not. What am I?
Forward I am ton, backwards I am not.
- What always ends everything?
The letter G.
- Where can you finish a book without finishing a sentence?
- What has only two words, but thousands of letters?
A post office.
- It is an insect, and the first part of its name is the name of another insect. What is it?
- From the beginning of eternity, to the end of time and space, to the beginning of every end, and the end of every place. What am I?
The letter E.
- What is as big as an elephant, but weighs nothing at all?
The shadow of an elephant.
- You can see me in water, but I never get wet. What am I?
- What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs?
- Which part of a boat, does a shopaholic like the most?
- Name a 7 letter word, from which if you take out 4 letters, you will have 1 left?
- What can’t be burned in a fire nor drowned in water?
Ice. It melts instead of burning in a fire and it floats in water.
- If you are running a race, and you pass the person in second, what place are you in?
- John walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The bartender then shoots the ceiling with a gun. John says thank you, and walks out. Why did John want the water?
He had the hiccups. The bartender used the surprise method to shock him out of his hiccups.
Trying and Difficult Riddles
- What can fill an entire room without taking up any space?
- What exists when one person has it, but ceases to exist when another person gets it?
- What’s black when you get it, red when you use it, and white when you’re all through with it?
- Bennett pushed his car into a hotel and lost his fortune. How?
He was playing the game Monopoly.
- One knight, a ninja, and a pirate are on a boat. The boat crashes. The pirate jumps of first, the ninja jumps off second, and who jumps off third?
The knight. Folks think the opening reads, “One night, …” not “One knight, …”
- Take off my skin – I won’t cry, but you will! What am I?
And you’re all done! You were probably surprised at just how easy some of these challenging riddles were as you attempted to wrap your mind around them. Test your family and friends and see how long it takes them to solve these. Save the toughest for your closest friends or older brother.
You’re on the Hard Riddles page.
You might like: