For riddles for kids work to keep minds sharp and logic sound. They are a fantastic way to stimulate young minds and improve critical thinking skills. Our collection is for children to enjoy while exercising their brain. Most of them are gentle challenging riddles that are easy to understand and sure to stump a few at the next family get together.
These can be used by the teachers to make their classes more active and entertaining, and even with parents who can enjoy solving riddles with their kids. Once they get it though, they will be on the hunt for more. Much fun awaits you here, so read on and enjoy!
Clever Riddles For Young Minds
- I have no legs. I will never walk, but always run. What am I?
- What is a frog’s favorite game?
Check out animal puns on dogs, cat, horses and frogs.
- What is an insect’s favorite sport?
- I am light as a feather, yet the strongest man can’t hold me for much more than a minute. What am I?
- I have no life, but I can die, what am I?
- What did the sea say to the sand?
Nothing, he just waved.
Fun Riddles For Kids With Answers
- Why did the golfer wear two pairs of pants?
In case he got a hole in one.
- Why was Adam known to be a good runner?
He was the first in the human race.
- How far can a bear walk into the woods?
Halfway. (After that, its walking out of the woods.)
- What do you get if your sheep studies karate?
A lamb chop.
- What’s full of holes but still holds water?
- What do you call it when a dinosaur makes a goal with a soccer ball?
- A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in town for three days and rode out on Friday. How was that possible?
Friday was the name of his horse.
Note: When folks say, “We love your riddles,” we encourage them to submit their own via our contact page. Please do.
Easy Riddles for Kids
- What do you get if you cross a football player with a pay phone?
A wide receiver.
- What’s a sheep’s favorite game?
- In a one-story pink house, there was a pink dressed person, a pink dog, a pink fish, a pink computer, a pink chair, a pink table, a pink telephone, and a pink shower. Everything was pink!
What color were the stairs?
There weren’t any stairs, it was a one story house. Duh.
- Why did the football coach go to the bank?
He wanted his quarter back.
- What game can be dangerous to your mental health?
Marbles, you don’t want to lose them.
You might like our extremely corny jokes.
- I have rivers, but do not have water. I have dense forests, but no trees and animals. And, I have cities, but no people live in those cities. What am I?
- I never ask questions, but always answered. What am I?
- I was born big, but as the day passes, as I get older, I become small. What am I?
- I will always come, never arrive today. What am I?
- I am full of keys, but I cannot open any door. What am I?
- How do shells get around in the ocean?
A taxi crab.
- What has 88 teeth but never brushes them?
A Piano. (Now, that’s a good riddle!)
- People always buy me to eat, but they never eat me. What am I?
Note: These funny riddles for kids promote critical thinking, creativity and dare we say: humor.
- The one who makes me does not need me, when he makes me. The one who buys me does not use me for himself or herself. And, the one who uses me doesn’t know that he or she is using me. What am I?
- When the water comes down, when it rains, I go up. What am I?
- You can break me easily without even touching me or seeing me. What am I?
- How do dog catchers get paid?
By the pound.
- What is blue and smells like red paint?
- Imagine you’re in a room where the ceiling is slowing fallings and the floor is slowly rising. There are no windows or doors. How do you get out?
- I always run but never walk, Have a mouth but never talk. What am I?
- A boy fell off a 30 meter ladder but did not get hurt. Why not?
He fell off the bottom step.
- I have keys but no locks. I have space but no room. You can enter but can’t go outside. What am I?
Riddles and Brain Teasers
- What is the hardest part about skydiving?
- What part of a football ground is never the same?
The changing rooms.
- What tea do hockey players drink?
- Sara’s mother has four daughters. One is called Megan, one Molly, and another is Brenna. What is the name of the fourth daughter?
- What can run but can’t walk?
A drop of water.
- Two mothers and two daughters went out to eat, everyone ate one burger, yet only three burgers were eaten in all. How is this possible?
They were a grandmother, mother and daughter.
- If the wind was blowing 5 mph west and you placed a rooster’s egg on top of a pink house that was slanted 3 degrees east, what direction would the egg roll?
Roosters don’t lay eggs.
- You will throw me away when you want to use me. You will take me in when you don’t want to use me. What am I?
Whimsical and Laughable for Children
- I have no bones and no legs, but if you keep me warm, I will soon walk away. What am I?
- Take away my first letter, and I still sound the same. Take away my last letter, I still sound the same. Even take away my letter in the middle, I will still sound the same. I am a five letter word. What am I?
- Why is a tennis game so loud?
Because the players raise a racquet.
- What made Cyclops quit teaching?
He only had one pupil.
- A king, queen, and two twins all lay in a large room. How are there no adults in the room?
They’re all beds.
- I am bought by the yard but worn by the foot. What am I?
- I can swim or walk for miles. I’m big with thick, white hair. I live up in the Arctic. What I am?
A polar bear.
- Every time you stand up, you lose this. What is it?
- Why did the boy bury his flashlight?
Because the batteries died.
Silly and Ridiculous
- Why did the grandma sit in the rocking chair with her roller blades on?
Because she wanted to rock and roll.
- Why do dragons sleep all day?
They like to hunt Knights.
- What bird can write?
- What kind of flower does everyone wear on their faces?
- Name a popular four letter sport that starts with a “T”.
- What did the boy cat say to the girl cat on Valentine’s Day?
You’re purrr-fect for me.
- What do monkeys sing at Christmas?
Jungle Bells, Jungle bells.
- What do you call a cow that twitches?
Tip for teachers: Use these riddles for kids on a one a day basis or to fill in when you have a few minutes left to leave for lunch.
- Dracula’s going to the bank to keep his money, he seems a little more pale than usual, which bank did he go to?
A blood bank.
- What do you call a great dog detective?
- What do you call a rabbit with the sniffles?
A runny bunny.
- What do you call a thieving alligator?
- What do you call an alligator in a vest?
- What do you call lending money to a bison?
- What did the baseball glove say to the baseball?
Catch you later.
- What is something you can easily hold in your right hand but cannot possibly hold in your left hand?
Your left elbow or hand.
- Going forward, I’m heavy. Backwards, I’m not. What am I?
- What gets more wet the more it dries?
- What 5 letter English word can be pronounced the same even with 4 of its letters removed?
- It is late, 3 am, you are awakened by a knock on the door. It is your parents. They are hungry. You have a can of sardines, a box of crackers and a bag full of apples. What do you open first?
If these fun riddles for kids brought a smile to your face. Riddles are a great way to connect with kids. Were you stumped by these riddles at all? Or, maybe you have some of your own you’d like to share? Please use the contact page to send riddles for kids our way.
You might like:
For Kids – You’re Here