Our compilation of funny riddles are no joke! Let’s face it, they’re great for kids of all ages. There is something special about simple, gem-worthy wordplay that’s pretty appealing. Be they silly, long or short, difficult or easy, riddles are enjoyed by all — and for good reason!
Research tells us they are extremely beneficial. They not only engage the mind and make us think more creatively, but they also sharpen our memory and are especially great for improving cognitive problem-solving skills in children. That’s in addition to keeping kids entertained, of course. Far from long-winded punch lines, some of these are just too clever for their own good, so a thinking cap may be required. If you are up for the challenge, put your skills to the test, and try to solve these! Prepare yourself to laugh uncontrollably, or at least a little bit.
Funny Riddles To Amuse The Mind
- What do you call two witches who live together?
- Why don’t chickens play baseball?
Because they hit foul balls.
Bird puns and more.
- Where do cows go to dance?
- What happens when frogs park illegally?
They get toad.
Riddles With Answers For Kids And Adults
- Why was Cinderella taken off the basketball team?
She ran away from the ball.
- How does the sky pay its bills?
With a raincheck.
- Where do zombies plant their flowers?
In a graveyard.
- What do you call a can opener that doesn’t work?
A can’t opener.
- What do elves do after school?
Riddles for Kids
- What has a neck but no head?
- What goes up but never comes back down?
- What did the skeleton say after serving food in a restaurant?
Bone-appetit. Check out our Best Puns page.
- Why did they let the Turkey join the thanksgiving band?
Because they have the drumsticks.
- Where do vans go when it gets hot?
- Which building has the most stories?
- Why did the orange wish he was wearing sunscreen?
It was starting to peel.
- What has words but never speaks?
- What do you call a train full of bubble gum?
A chew-chew train.
- How do you catch a school of fish?
With a bookworm.
- What did the candle say to the other candle?
“Are you going out tonight?”
- What did the ghost put on his bagel?
- Where do sheep get their haircut?
At the bah bah shop.
- What did Tony the Tiger wear to bed?
- What is the best time to go to the dentist?
- What room do ghosts avoid?
The living room.
- Where do sailors take baths?
In a tubmarine.
- What kind of key opens a banana?
- Why couldn’t the sun read?
It didn’t have his sunglasses.
- What do you call a grumpy cow?
- What is the strongest creature in the blue sea?
- What do snowmen eat for breakfast?
- What day is a potatoes least favorite?
- What time does Roger Federer wake up in the morning?
- What do cheerleaders eat for breakfast?
- What did the nut say when it sneezed?
- Why do basketball players love donuts?
Because they can dunk them.
Stump Your Friends
- In a one-story pink house, there were a pink person, a pink cat, a pink fish, a pink computer, a pink chair, a pink table, a pink telephone, a pink shower. Everything was pink. What color were the stairs?
There weren’t any stairs, it was a one-story house! Boom.
- What color socks do bears wear?
They don’t wear socks they have bear feet
- How do you make a strawberry shake?
Tell a scary story.
- What kind of makeup do trees wear?
- What is black, white, and read all over?.
- What do geese have for breakfast?
- What do windows wear on a sunny day?
- What did the chewing gum say to the shoe?
I am stuck on you.
- Why can’t you play basketball with pigs?
Because they hog the ball.
- What does a shark eat with peanut butter?
- What did the beach say when the tide came in?
Long time, no sea.
Funny Riddles With Answers
- What did one potato chip say to the other?
Shall we go for a dip?
- Why is it so easy to weigh fish?
Because they have their own scales.
- Why are teddy bears never hungry?
Because they are always stuffed.
- What kind of coat can only be put on wet?
A coat of paint.
- What do you call a fairy that hasn’t taken a bath?
- Why did Peter Pan always fly and never stop?
Because he could never never land.
Great Brain Teasers
- It belongs to you, but people use it more than you do. What is it?
- The more of them you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?
- Take off my skin and I won’t cry, but you will, what am I?
- What begins with T, ends with T, and has T in it?
- What does not ask questions but must be answered?
- The faster you run, the harder it is to catch me. What am I ??
Teacher tip: Use these funny riddles when you have a few minutes before lunch or post on the chalkboard one per day.
- What has hands, but can’t clap?
- What has teeth, but cannot bite?
- I get smaller every time I take a bath. What am I?
A bar of soap.
- Where do fish keep their money?
In a riverbank.
- You can see me in water, but I never get wet. What am I?
- What’s full of holes but still holds water?
- I have a mouth, but never talk. What am I?
Well, that does it! Ambiguous empirical findings aside, there’s no doubt that riddles are tons of fun when you exercise your mind from time to time. If you enjoyed these brain teasers with answers, please check back again for more and help us continue sharing the hilarity and fun with the world!
You’re on Funny Riddles.
You might like: