Our compilation of funny riddles is no joke! Let’s face it. A good riddle is fun for kids of all ages.
There is something special about simple, gem-worthy wordplay that’s pretty appealing. Be they silly, long or short, difficult or easy, riddles are enjoyed by all — and for a good reason!
Far from long-winded punch lines, some of these are just too clever for their own good, so that a thinking cap may be required. If you are up for the challenge, put your skills to the test, and try to solve these!
Prepare yourself to laugh uncontrollably, or at least a little bit. The “show answer” is immediately after each riddle.
10 Best Funny Riddles
Alright, are you ready? Let’s begin.
1.) What do you call two witches who live together?
2.) Why don’t chickens play baseball?
Because they hit foul balls.
Bird puns and more.
3.) Where do cows go dancing?
4.) What happens when frogs park illegally?
They get toad.
5.) Why was Cinderella taken off the basketball team?
She ran away from the ball.
Riddles With Answers For Kids
Ok, these are a little tougher.
6.) How does the sky pay its bills?
With a raincheck.
7.) Where do zombies plant their flowers?
In a graveyard.
8.) What do you call a can opener that doesn’t work?
A can’t opener.
9.) What do elves do after school?
10.) What has a neck but no head?
Check out these funny articulation challenges.
Tell Me a Riddle
- What loses its head in the morning but gets it back at night?
- What do you call cheese that isn’t yours?
- Where did the president keep his armies?
In his sleevies.
- What did the pirate say on his 80th birthday?
- What do you call a cow that picks on his friends?
- What do lazy dogs do for fun?
Chase parked cars.
- What did the skeleton say after serving food in a restaurant?
- Why do tigers eat raw meat?
They’ve never learned how to cook.
- What goes up but never comes back down?
- Why do bees hum?
They just don’t know the words to the song.
- Why did they let a turkey join the thanksgiving band?
Because they have drumsticks.
- What did the traffic light say to the car?
Don’t look, I’m changing.
- How do you put an astronaut baby to sleep?
- If everyone in the U.S. bought a white car, what would we have?
A white carnation.
- Why did the scarecrow win an Oscar?
He was out standing in his field.
- Where does Friday come before Thursday?
In the dictionary.
- What kind of tree can you carry in your hand?
A palm tree.
Check out our Best Puns page.
Short Funny Jokes
- Where do vans go when it gets hot?
- Which building has the most stories?
- Why did the orange wish he was wearing sunscreen?
It was starting to peel.
- How do rabbits prefer to travel?
- What has words but never speaks?
- Why can’t you give Elsa a balloon?
Because she’ll let it go, let it go…
- What is the longest word in the dictionary?
Smiles, because there’s a mile between each “S”.
- What do you call a train full of bubble gum?
A chew-chew train.
- How do you catch a school of fish?
With a bookworm.
- What did the candle say to the other candle?
“Are you going out tonight?”
- What did the ghost put on his bagel?
- Where do sheep get their haircut?
At the bah bah shop.
- What did Tony the Tiger wear to bed?
What is the best time to go to the dentist?
What room do ghosts avoid?
The living room.
What invention enables you to look through a wall?
A window. Duh.
Where do sailors take baths?
In a tubmarine.
What kind of key opens a banana?
What has four legs but cannot walk?
Why couldn’t the sun read?
It didn’t have his sunglasses.
How do you make the number one disappear?
Add a “G,” and it’s Gone.
What do you call a grumpy cow?
What is the strongest creature in the blue sea?
What do snowmen eat for breakfast?
What did the beach say when the tide came in?
Long time, no sea!
Tip: These riddles are great for including in kids’ lunches. Just write them on post-it notes or similar and drop them in. Your kids will love ’em.
Check out these Tricky Questions With Answers
Challenging Riddles Video
- What day is a potato’s least favorite?
- What time does Roger Federer wake up in the morning?
- What do cheerleaders eat for breakfast?
- Why do sharks live in saltwater?
Because pepper water makes them sneeze.
- Why couldn’t the pony sing?
It was a little hoarse.
- What did the nut say when it sneezed?
- Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
Because if they flew over the bay, they’d be bagels.
- Why do basketball players love donuts?
Because they can dunk them.
- What’s orange and sounds like a parrot?
- Why do cows wear bells?
Their horns don’t work.
- What’s ET short for?
He has tiny legs.
You might like: Good Math Riddles
Stump Your Friends
- In a one-story pink house, there was a pink person, a pink cat, a pink fish, a pink computer, a pink chair, a pink table, a pink telephone, a pink shower. Everything was pink. What color were the stairs?
There weren’t any stairs, it was a one-story house! Boom.
- What color socks do bears wear?
They don’t wear socks they have bear feet.
- How do you make a strawberry shake?
Tell a scary story.
- What kind of makeup do trees wear?
- What is black, white, and read all over?.
- What do geese have for breakfast?
- What do windows wear on a sunny day?
- What did the chewing gum say to the shoe?
I am stuck on you.
- Why can’t you play basketball with pigs?
Because they hog the ball.
- What does a shark eat with peanut butter?
- What did the beach say when the tide came in?
Long time, no sea.
Riddles and Jokes
- What did one potato chip say to the other?
Shall we go for a dip?
- Why is it so easy to weigh fish?
Because they have their own scales.
- Why are teddy bears never hungry?
Because they are always stuffed.
- What kind of coat can only be put on wet?
A coat of paint.
- What do you call a fairy that hasn’t taken a bath?
- Why did Peter Pan always fly and never stop?
Because he could never never land.
Funny Riddles Meme
Great Brain Teasers
- It belongs to you, but people use it more than you do. What is it?
- The more of them you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?
- If a red house is made of red bricks, and a yellow house is made of yellow bricks, what is a greenhouse made of?
- Take off my skin and I won’t cry, but you will, what am I?
- What begins with T, ends with T, and has T in it?
- What does not ask questions but must be answered?
- What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
- The faster you run, the harder it is to catch me. What am I ??
- What two English three-letter words are both past tenses and in which one of them can be derived when the other is written backward?
Saw and was.
Teacher tip: Use these riddles when you have a few minutes before lunch or post on the chalkboard one per day.
- What has hands, but can’t clap?
- What has teeth, but cannot bite?
- I get smaller every time I take a bath. What am I?
A bar of soap.
- Where do fish keep their money?
In a riverbank.
- You can see me in water, but I never get wet. What am I?
- What’s full of holes but still holds water?
- I have a mouth but never talk. What am I?
- What type of cheese is made backward.?
- What letter of the alphabet has the most water?
Well, that does it! Ambiguous empirical findings aside, there’s no doubt that riddles are tons of fun when you exercise your mind from time to time. If you enjoyed these brain teasers with answers, please check back again for more and help us continue sharing the hilarity and fun with the world!
Research tells us tricky riddles are beneficial for our minds. They not only engage the mind and make us think more creatively, but they also sharpen our memory and are especially great for improving cognitive problem-solving skills in children. That’s in addition to keeping kids entertained, of course.
And, remember to share riddles with your friends and family.
By Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet. He has co-authored 4 books on trivia and riddles for kids.
You’re on our Funny Riddles page.
You might like: