These garden quotes will provide you some inspiration for making the most of your gardening time.
Gardening helps develop qualities in human beings that make them better in almost every walk of life. According to research, those who spend more time around plants have enhanced feelings of compassion.
Gardening helps improve your energy levels and speeds up the healing process – whether it’s your heart or your body that needs to recuperate.
Flowers are grown around homes, offices, and parks because they help generate happiness. There are so many reasons why gardening and living around plants can enrich your life. Here are some famous garden quotes and sayings that will show you the importance of gardening and why you should also make it a part of your life.
Quotes About Gardens
- Gardening is the purest of human pleasures.
- It was such a pleasure to sink one’s hands into the warm earth, to feel at one’s fingertips the possibilities of the new season.
- Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.
- There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder.
Best Garden Quotes
- The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
- No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden.
- May I a small house and large garden have;
And a few friends,
And many books, both true.
- How fair is a garden amid the trials and passions of existence.
- I have never had so many good ideas day after day as when I worked in the garden.
- Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps;
Perennial pleasures plants and wholesome harvest reaps.
A. Bronson Alcott
- There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.
- Regardless of geographical region or culture gardening is perhaps the most common and shared experience of Nature.
S. Kelley Harrell
- Gardening requires lots of water, most of it in the form of perspiration.
- There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.
Janet Kilburn Phillips
- The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies.
- Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes.
Good Gardening Quotations
- Kiss of the sun for pardon. Song of the birds for mirth. You’re closer to God’s heart in a garden than anyplace else on earth.
Dorothy Frances Gurney
- The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there.
George Bernard Shaw
- My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant’s point of view.
H. Fred Dale
- The master of the garden is the one who waters it, trims the branches, plants the seeds, and pulls the weeds. If you merely stroll through the garden, you are but an acolyte.
- Science, or para-science, tells us that geraniums bloom better if they are spoken to. But a kind word every now and then is really quite enough. Too much attention, like too much feeding, and weeding and hoeing, inhibits and embarrasses them.
- It is good to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
- I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden.
- The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses.
Check out Sunflower Phrases and Quotes.
- A weed is but an unloved flower.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- Flowers… are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out-values all the utilities of the world.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
- After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given the world.
- In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.
- Earth laughs in flowers.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat.
- Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.
- Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.
- The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers.
- The flower is the poetry of reproduction. It is an example of the eternal seductiveness of life.
- People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.
- Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.
- The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks.
- Where flowers bloom so does hope.
Lady Bird Johnson
- Flowers are love’s truest language.
- Look at us, said the violets blooming at her feet, all last winter we slept in the seeming death but at the right time God awakened us, and here we are to comfort you.
Edward Payson Rod
- When the world wearies and society fails to satisfy, there is always the garden.
- The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul.
- I say, if your knees aren’t green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.
- A garden always has a point.
- All gardening is landscape painting,’ said Alexander Pope.
- If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
- God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures.
- I like gardening — it’s a place where I find myself when I need to lose myself.
- The garden suggests there might be a place where we can meet nature halfway.
- I grow plants for many reasons: to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow.
- A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all, it teaches entire trust.
- Garden as though you will live forever.
- Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace.
Funny Garden Quotes
- Your first job is to prepare the soil. The best tool for this is your neighbor’s motorized garden tiller. If your neighbor does not own a garden tiller, suggest that he buy one.
- Weeds are nature’s graffiti.
- In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death.
- Love your neighbor, yet pull not down your hedge.
- A good gardener always plants 3 seeds –
one for the bugs, one for the weather and one for himself.
- Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if
green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.
- I’m not really a career person. I’m a gardener, basically.
- If you are not killing plants,
you are not really stretching yourself as a gardener.
- A weed is a plant that is not only in the wrong place
but intends to stay.
- I am not a greedy person except about flowers and plants, and then I become fanatically greedy.
- Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get!
H. Jackson Brown
- Man – despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments – owes his existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.
- Unemployment is capitalism’s way of getting you to plant a garden.
Orson Scott Card
- Cauliflower is a cabbage with a college education
How To Pronounce Garden in Spanish
Spanish art has a big impact on gardening in Spain. Contemporary Spanish gardening focuses on the garden and its surroundings. Both landscaping and horticulture are important to them. Due to the drier soil and high levels of sunshine, most Spanish gardens are indoor gardens of smaller sizes.
The word ‘garden’ is pronounced as ‘el jardín’ in Spanish. Similarly, gardening is pronounced as ‘la jardinería.’ ‘Flower’ is ‘la flor’ in Spanish, and ‘dirt’ is pronounced as ‘la Tierra’ or ‘la Sociedad.’
By Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author and editor, and founder of Greeting Card Poet.
You might also like