After reading through these nature quotes, you should feel just a little bit happier — and maybe like going on a walk.
Man has always turned to nature for inspiration. Whether it’s for beauty, peace, success, or anything else, nature has always provided answers to our questions. We are not born into nature, we are born out of it.
Nature has everything we need to live, get inspired from, learn from, grow from, and succeed. There is nothing like it. Everything comes from it and everything goes into it. That’s part of what makes these nature quotes so interesting.
Nature has always been cherished for its boundless and unrivaled beauty. Again, it is has been the source of inspiration of the poets and authors. It has also inspired the men and women of science, designers, and philosophers.
Whether you are looking for inspiration from nature or looking for beautiful words about nature, here is a collection of notable words on nature.
Beautiful Nature Quotes
Nature never did betray the heart that loved her.
Mother Nature has the best box of crayons.
Nature does nothing uselessly.
I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.
Henry David Thoreau
If we surrendered
to earth’s intelligence
we could rise up rooted, like trees.
Rainer Maria Rilke
I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.
Get lost in nature and you will find yourself.
To me, a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn, and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls.
In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, – no disgrace, no calamity (leaving me my eyes), which nature cannot repair.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
You might like 27 Best Quotes of All Time
Quotes about Nature
- Nature is man’s teacher. She unfolds her treasures to his search, unseals his eye, illumes his mind, and purifies his heart; an influence breathes from all the sights and sounds of her existence.
Alfred Billings Street
- Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Our task must be to free ourselves… by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and it’s beauty.
- Be patient with yourself – nothing in nature blooms all year.
- Your deepest roots are in nature. No matter who you are, where you live, or what kind of life you lead, you remain irrevocably linked with the rest of creation.
- We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
Native American Proverb
- I go to nature to be soothed and healed and to have my senses put in order.
Check out bird quotes and sayings.
Natural Beauty Quotes
I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’
I have never before, in my long and eclectic career, been gifted with such an abundance of natural beauty as I experienced filming ‘War Horse’ on Dartmoor.
There is something of the marvelous in all things of nature.
If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.
Vincent Van Gogh
To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure, is the most perfect refreshment.
Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings.
People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.
Go out, go out I beg of you
And taste the beauty of the wild.
Behold the miracle of the earth
With all the wonder of a child.
Check out these good sunflower sayings.
Mother Nature Sayings
- And then, I have nature and art and poetry, and if that is not enough, what is enough?
Vincent Van Gogh
- One of the things that people don’t realize is that that natural beauty, those recreational forests, they have an economic development impact for the state as well.
- Each moment of the year has its own beauty.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The destruction of the natural beauty, the ecosystems, and the majesty of mountains affect us in ways we’re not even aware of. Every time a mountain is beheaded, we chop off a little part of our souls.
- I am in love with this world . . . I have climbed its mountains, roamed its forests, sailed its waters, crossed its deserts, felt the sting of its frosts, the oppression of its heats, the drench of its rains, the fury of its winds, and always have beauty and joy waited upon my goings and comings.
- The earth has music for those who listen.
- These are brand-new birds of
Which a year ago, or less than twain,
No finches were, nor nightingales,
But only particles of grain,
And earth and air, and rain.
- Snow was falling,
so much like stars
filling the dark trees
that one could easily imagine
its reason for being was nothing more
- One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
- Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature-the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.
- You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
- Miracles do not, in fact, break the laws of nature.
God’s Art Quotations
- Nature is the art of God.
- Keep your love for Nature, for that is the true way to understand art more and more.
Vincent van Gogh
- We inter-breath with the rain forests, we drink from the oceans. They are part of our own body.
Thich Nhat Hanh
- Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
- A lake is the landscape’s most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth’s eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.
Henry David Thoreau — Check out 101+ Thoreau Quotes.
- I will be the gladdest thing under the sun. I will touch a hundred flowers and not pick one.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
- The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.
- The sun, with all those plants revolving around it and dependent upon it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.
- Nature: Cheaper than therapy.
- Nature goes her own way, and all that to us seems an exception is really according to order.
Mother Nature Quotations
- Nature, like a loving mother, is ever trying to keep land and sea, mountain and valley, each in its place, to hush and angry winds and waves, balance the extremes of heat and cold, of rain and drought, that peace, harmony, and beauty may reign supreme.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- The Natural Law is the final and absolute authority governing E Te No Ha, the earth we call our Mother.
- Nature, with equal mind,
Sees all her sons at play,
Sees man control the wind,
The wind sweep man away.
- The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- There is no power greater than the Natural Laws. These powers were set up by the Great Spirit in such a way that the human being has no access to it, except by obeying. If we choose not to follow the Natural Laws, our lives will be filled with confusion, tension, anxiety, and stress. If we poison the Earth, we poison ourselves – If we poison the Water of the Earth, we poison ourselves. As we do to the Earth, we do to ourselves and our children, even the children unborn. May we think about this today and ask ourselves, Are we holding and acting toward the Mother Earth in a good way?
- All those who love Nature she loves in return, and will richly reward, not perhaps with the good things, as they are commonly called, but with the best things of this world-not with money and titles, horses and carriages, but with bright and happy thoughts, contentment and peace of mind.
Quotations About Beauty In Nature
- Away from the tumult of motor and mill
I want to be care-free; I want to be still!
I’m weary of doing things; weary of words
I want to be one with the blossoms and birds.
Edgar A. Guest
- May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.
- I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
- Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Wonders of the World
- I believe the world is incomprehensibly beautiful — an endless prospect of magic and wonder.
- All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child.
- What a joy it is to feel the soft, springy earth under my feet once more,
to follow grassy roads that lead to ferny brooks
where I can bathe my fingers in a cataract of rippling notes,
or to clamber over a stone wall into green fields that
tumble and roll and climb in riotous gladness!
- God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.
- I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Sayings on Nature
- In those vernal seasons of the year, when the air is calm and pleasant, it were an injury and sullenness against Nature not to go out and see her riches, and partake in her rejoicing with heaven and earth.
- The mountains are calling and I must go.
- When Nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- What I know of the divine sciences and Holy Scriptures, I learned in woods and fields. I have no other masters than the beeches and the oaks.
Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Keep your sense of proportion by regularly, preferably daily, visiting the natural world.
- Time destroys the speculation of men, but it confirms the judgment of nature.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
- There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer.
- In seed, time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.
- Nature never goes out of style.
- I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars.
- Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
Frank Lloyd Wright
- Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
- God is the friend of silence. Trees, flowers, grass grow in silence. See the stars, moon, and sun, how they move in silence.
- Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
If you have any suggestions for additions to our nature quotes, please let us know via our contact page. Thanks.
You might also like