Our collection of bee quotes and sayings will keep you as busy as a bee.
When you buy just 16 ounces of honey, there are a thousand bees behind it that traveled over a hundred thousand miles and visited more than 4.5 million flowers.
It is no wonder that many great men and women have been inspired to study these beautiful creatures and write amazing phrases, poems, and songs on them. It is not just about their beauty and inspiring hard work, bees are also essential for human existence.
Honey bees are so important to humans that they are the most studied creature, second only to human beings. Here are some beautiful bee quotes from some famous folks.
Best Quotes Bees
- Bees do have a smell, you know, and if they don’t they should, for their feet are dusted with spices from a million flowers.
- If we die, we’re taking you with us.
- We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden.
- The busy bee has no time for sorrow.
- A bee is an exquisite chemist.
Royal Beekeeper to Charles II
- The bee is domesticated but not tamed.
Quotes About Bees
- Words are like bees – some create honey and others leave a sting.
- When the bee comes to your house, let her have a beer; you may want to visit the bee’s house someday.
- You are the bee’s knees.
A popular saying in the 1920s like cat’s pajamas
- Hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers.
Robert Green Ingersoll
- That which is not good for the bee-hive cannot be good for the bees.
- Take time to smell the roses and eventually you’ll inhale a bee.
- For bees, the flower is the fountain of life/For flowers, the bee is the messenger of love.
Best Bee Quotes
- The happiness of the bee and the dolphin is to exist. For a man it is to know that and to wonder at it.
Jacques Yves Cousteau
- If the bee disappeared off the face of the earth, man would only have four years left to live.
- The men of experiment are like the ant; they only collect and use. But the bee…gathers its materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of its own.
Leonardo da Vinci
- The lovely flowers embarrass me,
They make me regret I am not a bee.
- Handle a book as a bee does a flower, extract its sweetness but do not damage it.
- Let us linger a while in the wonderful old Lilac walk. It is a glory of tender green and shaded amethyst and the grateful hum of bees, the very voice of Spring.
Alice Morse Earle
- It takes a bee 10,000,000 trips to collect enough nectar to make 1 pound of honey.
Sue Monk Kidd
- To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee,
One clover, and a bee,
The revery alone will do,
If bees are few.
- The hum of bees is the voice of the garden.
- We think we can make honey without sharing in the fate of bees, but we are in truth nothing but poor bees, destined to accomplish our task and then die.
- Don’t wear perfume in the garden — unless you want to be pollinated by bees.
- A bee is never as busy as it seems; it’s just that it can’t buzz any slower.
- Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau
- The pedigree of honey does not concern the bee, a clover, anytime, to him, is aristocracy.
- The bee collects honey from flowers in such a way as to do the least damage or destruction to them, and he leaves them whole, undamaged and fresh, just as he found them.
Saint Francis de Sales
- A work of art; and yet no art of man,
Can work, this work, these little creatures can.
- One can no more approach people without love than one can approach bees without care. Such is the quality of bees…
- Bee to the blossom, moth to the flame; Each to his passion; what’s in a name?
Helen Hunt Jackson
- The bee is more honored than other animals, not because she labors, but because she labors for others.
St. John Chrysostom
The Birds and The Bees Quotations
- The bee’s life is like a magic well: the more you draw from it, the more it fills with water
Karl Von Frisch
- Listen to the bees and let them guide you.
- Every saint has a bee in his halo.
- He is not worthy of the honey-comb/That shuns the hives because the bees have stings.
- I don’t like to hear cut and dried sermons. No – when I hear a man preach, I like to see him act as if he were fighting bees.
- Even bees, the little almsmen of spring bowers, know there is richest juice in poison-flowers.
- The siren heralds a friend, the bee a stranger.
Hilda M. Ransome
- Our treasure lies in the beehive of our knowledge. We are perpetually on the way thither, being by nature winged insects and honey gatherers of the mind.
- Bees work for man, and yet they never bruise/Their Master’s flower, but leave it having done/As fair as ever and as fit to use/So both the flower doth stay and honey run.
Einstein Bee Quote
If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would have only four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.
Sting like a Bee Quote
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee – His hands can’t hit what his eyes can’t see.
Tips for how to help save bees.
Honey Bee Quotations
- For so work the honey bees, creatures that by a rule in nature teach the act of order to a peopled kingdom.
- No bees, no honey; no work, no money.
- We’re all busy little bees, full of stings, making honey day and night, aren’t we honey?
- The secret of my health is applying honey inside and oil outside.
- The only reason for being a bee that I know of is to make honey… And the only reason for making honey is so I can eat it.
Winnie the Pooh
- If you want to gather honey, don’t kick over the beehive.
- For the rest, whatever we have got has been by infinite labor, and search, and ranging through every corner of nature; the difference is that instead of dirt and poison, we have rather chosen to fill our hives with honey and wax, thus furnishing mankind with the two noblest of things, which are sweetness and light.
- If you have no honey in your pot, have some in your mouth.
A Bee Fun Fact
Honeybees pollinate 80 percent of the United States’ insect crops – over $20 billion worth of crops each year – according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates.
Check out Sunflower Fun Facts.
The Secret Life of Bees Quotes
- Someone who thinks death is the scariest thing doesn’t know a thing about life.
Sue Monk Kidd
- Well if you have a queen and a group of independent-minded bees that split off from the rest of the hive and look for another place to live, then you’ve got a swarm.
- If you need something from somebody always give that person a way to hand it to you.
Sue Monk Kidd
- Our mother said she was like Mary, with her heart on the outside of her chest.
- It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.
Sue Monk Kidd
- Most people don’t have any idea about all the complicated life going on inside a hive. Bees have a secret life we don’t know anything about.
- After you get stung, you can’t get unstung
no matter how much you whine about it.
Sue Monk Kidd
Akeelah and the Bee Quotes
- You know that feeling where everything feels right? Where you don’t have to worry about tomorrow or yesterday, where you feel safe and know you’re doing the best you can? There’s a word for that, it’s called love. L-O-V-E.
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
- Okay. But when I’m at the bee, and they tell me to spell some little fish from Australia or some weird bacteria on the moon, we’re going to wish we’d done a little bit more rote-memorizing and not so much essay reading. If you don’t mind me saying.
Queen Bee Sayings
- I’m just getting better and better. It’s just like a bunch of worker bees protecting the king bee because I’m not a queen bee. I’m a king bee.
- To be successful, one has to be one of three bees: the queen bee, the hardest working bee, or the bee that does not fit in.
- Just as the queen bee, the highest-ranking, a peerless creature of her hive, is surrounded by lowly drones to please her, whereas the workers produce honey, the same way is the one who sits on the throne an equal only to himself, and no one’s companion.
- Aerodynamically, the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know it so it goes on flying anyway.
Mary Kay Ash
- Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.
- It was the bumblebee and the butterfly who survived, not the dinosaur.
Meridel Le Sueur
- When poets go off the boil, they sound like bumblebees;
critics do, they sound like sewing machines.
- Work hard; stay bumble.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
If you have suggestions for additions to our bee quotes, please let us know via the contact page. Thanks!
You might like: