All the Anxiety Quotes in this world can never come close to the suffering that people with this condition have to endure.
Anxiety is a condition that is so diverse and complicated it is marked by nervousness, worry, fear, stress, and depression.
The following quotes address these important feelings.
Quotes About Anxiety
- You can never become a great man or woman until you have overcome anxiety, worry, and fear.
Wallace D. Wattles
- A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.
- To each of man’s ages, the Lord gives its own anxieties.
- To suffer some anxiety, some depression, some disappointment, and even some failure is normal.
Boyd K. Packer
- Take a deep breath and give yourself permission to step back from everything that is making you feel anxious.
- Don’t assume I’m weak because I have panic attacks. You’ll never know the amount of strength it takes to face the world every day.
- Some days, doing ‘the best we can’ may still fall short of what we would like to be able to do, but life isn’t perfect—on any front—and doing what we can with what we have is the most we should expect of ourselves or anyone else.
Anxious Quote Meme
Being Anxious Quotations
- Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.
- The mind that is anxious about the future is miserable.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- Trying to be a perfectionist brings increased stress and hinders performance.
- I get nervous when I don’t get nervous.
Beyonce Knowles – see more Beyonce Quotes.
- Each moment of worry, anxiety, or stress represents a lack of faith in miracles, for they never cease.
- You got this. Take it day by day.
- There are moments when all anxiety and stated toil are becalmed in the infinite leisure and repose of nature.
Henry David Thoreau
- Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.
Depression and Anxiety Quotes
- Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
- My anxiety doesn’t come from thinking about the future but from wanting to control it.
- The largest part of what we call ‘personality’ is determined by how we’ve opted to defend ourselves against anxiety and sadness.
Alain de Botton
- If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.
- Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.
- When thinking about the future, remember this: no amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of anxiety can change the future.
- Anxiety is the handmaiden of creativity.
T. S. Eliot
You might like 50 Stress Quotes.
Living With Anxiety Quotes
- Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it—just as we have learned to live with storms.
- Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.
Thich Nhat Hanh
- If you trade your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief.
- The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.
Charles F. Glassman
- Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.
- Nothing is permanent in this wicked world — not even our troubles.
- You can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf.
- Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.
Henry Ward Beecher
- Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
- What else does anxiety about the future bring you but sorrow upon sorrow?
Thomas a Kempis
- Anxiety is the mark of spiritual insecurity.
- The mind that is anxious about future events is miserable.
Seneca the Younger
- A warrior of the light…never confuses tension with anxiety.
- You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.
- Anxiety and depression are the price you pay for a well-lived life.
Social Anxiety Quotes
- We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think about us if we knew how seldom they do.
- The shy and the extroverted have this in common – that they both fancy they are the center of attention.
- Social anxiety results from being around people who are resolutely opposed to who you are.
- Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.
- Without anxiety and illness, I should have been like a ship without a rudder.
- Fear, anxiety, and neurosis: that’s just in the suitcase when you’re an actor.
- At some stages of your life, you will deal with things, and at others, you are overwhelmed with misery and anxiety.
- The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.
- We are always doing something to cover up our basic existential anxiety.
- The fear of being laughed at makes cowards of us all.
- Anxiety is the beginning of conscience, which is the parent of the soul but is not compatible with innocence.
Stressed Out Sayings
- The only Pressure I’m under is the pressure I’ve put on myself.
- The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.
Sydney J. Harris
- Much of the stress people encounter is derived from dishonesty. People first lie to themselves and then to others.
- One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important.
- In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.
- I get irritated, nervous, very tense, or stressed, but never bored.
- There is more to life than increasing its speed.
- Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.
- Stress is caused by being here but wanting to be there.
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
- If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.
- There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.
- The great thing, then, in all education, is to make our nervous system our ally instead of our enemy.
- Sometimes our thoughts are blocked by so much insecurity, they create lies we start to believe.
- Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.
Norman Vincent Peale
- Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day’s own trouble be sufficient for the day.
- Being nervous is not something you should be ashamed of. Nervous means you care; you really want to do well.
- A well-adjusted person is one who makes the same mistake twice without getting nervous.
- Being nervous isn’t bad. It just means something important is happening.
- The sad truth is that excellence makes people nervous.
- Nervousness always provokes mistakes, and mistakes lead to easy convictions.
- Don’t try to be what you’re not. If you’re nervous, be nervous. If you’re shy, be shy. It’s cute.
- The sad truth is that excellence makes people nervous.
- When you feel nervous, recall your pride.
- Sometimes when you’re just thrown into something, you are more ready for it than when you have time to think it over and get nervous about it.
Lara Flynn Boyle
- If you’re not nervous, then you’re not paying attention.
- A nervous silence loosens tongues.
- If you’re not nervous, it means you don’t care.
Tip: These anxiety quotes can make a nice addition to a greeting card to pick up a friend’s spirits.
Fighting Depression Sayings
- Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries.
- We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.
- Once you choose hope, anything is possible.
- If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.
Frank A. Clark
- I cannot always control what goes on outside. But I can always control what goes on inside.
- The way to secure success is to be more anxious about obtaining than about deserving it.
- Release all the anxiety that keeps you from moving ahead. Keep breathing it out and letting it go.
- Smile, breathe, and go slowly.
Thich Nhat Hanh
- It is not a daily increase but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.
- Never let life’s hardships disturb you – no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.
- I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, not just for tomorrow, but in the here and now. Carl Sandburg
- Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
- A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.
- I just give myself permission to suck… I find this hugely liberating.
- Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.
- Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.
- We, ourselves, feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
- Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Henry Stanley Haskins
- Happiness is not a brilliant climax to years of grim struggle and anxiety. It is a long succession of little decisions simply to be happy at the moment.
J. Donald Walters
- Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.
Ali Ibn Abi Talib
Fighting Stress Image
Being Anxious Quotes
- Stress is an ignorant state. It believes everything is an emergency.
- There are more things to alarm us than to harm us, and we suffer more often in apprehension than reality.
Seneca the Younger
- Nothing is worth your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.
- Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Arthur Somers Roche
- Anxiety is love’s greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic.
- We all have anxiety about things. We all have little insecurities, but eventually, you have to face your fears if you want to be successful, and everybody has some fear of failure.
Feeling Anxious Sayings
- People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.
Thich Nhat Hanh
- The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.
- Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
- Anxiety destroys scale, and suffering makes us lose perspective.
- No point in stressing over something you can’t change. Move on & grow stronger.
- Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows but only empties today of its strength.
- Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.
- Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.
- In the anxiety to get beautiful color harmony, do not exhaust all combinations on one canvas.
John F. Carlson
By Michael O’Halloran
Michael O’Halloran founded Greeting Card Poet in 2014 and has worked as its publisher and editor ever since. He’s the author of Best Sports Slogans and Captions. He has co-authored four books on kids’ trivia and authored four books on coaching. Previously, Michael was the president of Magnetic Poetry. He has invented and brought to market over 75 new gift and toy products — most of them dealing with wordplay.
You’re on the Anxiety Quotes page. Originally published in August 2018.
You might like: