Deep quotes can have an unsettling effect on readers. They make you really think. What’s the meaning of life? What is love all about? How do you define happiness and a life well lived? These are all important questions. Perhaps a review of the thoughts below will provide you some insights, or at least get you thinking. Some people spend their entire lives contemplating these issues. Reviewing the list below should only take about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Deep Quotes About Life
- Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
John W. Gardner
- If you don’t follow your heart, you might spend the rest of your life wishing you had.
- As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.
- Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.
- To say that a work of art is good, but incomprehensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but that most people can’t eat it.
- I don’t understand why when we destroy something created by man we call it vandalism, but when we destroy something created by nature we call it progress.
Ed Begley, Jr.
Meaning of Life Sayings
- Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.
- A man is what he thinks about all day long.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
- What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do.
- Courage is knowing what not to fear.
- Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
- The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Viktor E. Frankl
- The fullness of life is only accessible in the present moment.
- To be 70 years young is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be 40 years old.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Check out our quotes on karma.
- A true test of character isn’t how you are on your best days but how you act on your worst days.
- You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.
- It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Who are you when no one is watching?
- The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
- The worst kind of sad is not being able to explain why.
- To do two things at once is to do neither.
- You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
- I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.
- A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are made for.
John Augustus Shedd
- Learn as if you were going to live forever, live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
- Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
- The more I see the less I know for sure.
- Sometimes you face difficulties not because you’re doing something wrong, but because you’re doing something right.
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
- Would you believe in what you believe in if you were the only one who believed it?
Kanye West – check out this interview of Kanye West on YouTube
- There are three classes of people: Those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.
Leonardo da Vinci
Philosophy of Life
- Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.
- What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
Robert H. Schuller
- This life is like a swimming pool. You dive into the water, but you can’t see how deep it is.
- Truth often suffers more by the heat of its defenders than the arguments of its opposers.
- Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights.
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
- There is a greater gift than the trust of others, and that is to trust in one’s self.
- You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.
- The only thing in life achieved without effort is failure.
- The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
- Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.
Thoughts that Matter
- No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.
- Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one.
- To be strong is to understand weakness.
- Failure is not the opposite of success, its part of success.
- In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
Margaret B. Runbeck
- In the circle of life there is no top, no corner, and no straight lines.
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
- The art of living well and the art of dying well are one.
- The most thought-provoking thing in our thought-provoking time is that we are still not thinking.
Mind Blowing Insights
- Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date.
- You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
- Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly.
Robert F. Kennedy
- Change your thoughts and you change your world.
Norman Vincent Peale
- Our greatest achievement in life is being happy with the little things that probably means nothing to others.
Hermann J Steinherr
- I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
- When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
- A meaningful silence is always better than meaningless words.
- You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.
- If you want something you never had, you have to do something you have never done.
What does deep mean?
“Deep” refers to something extending far below the surface. So, in this context, deep quotes are sayings that make you think a little harder than most.
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
- Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.
- Once you hear the details of victory, it is hard to distinguish it from a defeat.
- Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.
- It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- Everything you can imagine is real.
- What we have done for ourselves alone, dies with us. What we have done for others and the world, remains and is immortal.
- Change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change.
- Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.
Tip: These deep quotes make great captions for Facebook, Instagram and more.
Intense Thinking Sayings
- There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
- If you are lonely when you’re alone, you are in bad company.
- You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.
Mary Tyler Moore
- Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage.
- It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
- Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.
Henry Van Dyke
- Have patience with all things but first with yourself.
Saint Frances de Sales
- Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life.
- There is no man living that can not do more than he thinks he can.
- The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Beautiful Quote About Life
- Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in pursuit of the goal.
- As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.
- A friend to all is a friend to none.
- The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
- The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
- And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
- Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember. Involve me and I will understand.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge.
- The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise man grows it under his feet.
- Don’t be seduced into thinking that that which does not make profit is without value.
What is Happiness?
- Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.
Henry David Thoreau
- The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious to the rose.
- Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
- Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.
- I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness.
- It’s easier to build up a child than repair an adult.
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
- If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.
Booker T. Washington
You’re on our Deep Quotes page.
You might like: