Our quotes about courage provide inspiration for those facing challenges in their lives.
Someone once said, “People are made of flesh and blood and a miracle fiber called courage.” Courage is the virtue of all virtues. Without it, you cannot follow your dreams, build your skills, or achieve anything in your life.
A man who has lost his courage has lost everything. It is the most basic ‘ingredient’ required to live and succeed. So make sure you have unlimited courage.
It never hurts to have all the courage in this world. Here are some famous, inspiring quotes about courage that will get you moving and making a difference in every field and stage of life!
- Courage is the most important of all the virtues because, without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.
- It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.
- Scared is what you’re feeling. Brave is what you’re doing.
- Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston S. Churchill
- Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
- Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now but it can’t rain forever.
- You cannot swim for new horizons until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
- There is no need to be ashamed of tears, for tears bear witness that a man has the greatest of courage, the courage to suffer.
Good Courage Quotes
- Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.
- Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to.
- Courage leads to heaven; fear leads to death.
- Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.
Mary Anne Radmacher
- Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
- It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
- The brave may not live forever, but the cautious don’t live at all.
- Fall seven times, stand up eight.
You might like 85 mental health quotes page.
Best Courage Quotes
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not the absence of fear.
- Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
- You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
- Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.
Check out Anime Quotes
- When in doubt, do the courageous thing.
- He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
- The bolder and more courageous you are, the more you will learn about yourself.
- We learn courageous action by going forward whenever fear urges us back.
- Because of a great love, one is courageous.
- At every crossroad, follow your dream. It is courageous to let your heart lead the way.
- You become courageous by doing courageous acts…Courage is a habit.
Check out our Memorial Day messages.
- You have to really be courageous about your instincts and your ideas. Otherwise, you’ll just knuckle under, and things that might have been memorable will be lost.
Francis Ford Coppola
- The really courageous and bold thing is to make movies about human behavior.
- Wisdom is the art of being courageous and generous with the unknown.
- I’m a courageous person because I’m a scared person.
- Be courageous. It’s one of the only places left uncrowded.
- Courageous people are still afraid, but they don’t let the fear paralyze them.
- Some people with awful cards can be successful because of how they deal with the tragedies they’re handed, and that seems courageous to me.
Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes on Courage
- Courage is an inner resolution to go forward despite obstacles; Courage breeds creativity.
- Never, never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
- Courageous men never lose the zest for living even though their life situation is zestless; cowardly men, overwhelmed by the uncertainties of life, lose the will to live.
- We must constantly build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.
- Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.
- If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream.
- Courage is the power of the mind to overcome fear.
- Courage faces fear and thereby masters it.
To Kill a Mockingbird Courage Quotes
- I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.
- Nothin’s real scary except in books.
- It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived.
- You just hold your head high and keep those fists down. No matter what anybody says to you, don’t you let ’em get your goat. Try fightin’ with your head for a change.
- You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view … until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.
- Before I can live with other folks I’ve got to live with myself.
- Best way to clear the air is to have it all out in the open.
- The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.
Quotes About Courage
- Without courage, wisdom bears no fruit.
- The greatest test of courage on the earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.
R. G. Ingersoll
- There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.
- Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.
- Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other.
- To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.
- A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.
William G.T. Shedd
- Every man has his own courage and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Courage is a love affair with the unknown.
- Every day you either see a scar or courage. Where you dwell will define your struggle.
- He who loses wealth loses much; he who loses a friend loses more, but he that loses his courage loses all.
Miguel de Cervantes
- Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Courageous Movie Quotes
- Part of being a man is about taking responsibility
- So where are you men of courage? Where are you, fathers who fear the Lord? It’s time to rise up and answer the call that God has given to you and to say I will.
- I don’t feel like I started well. I want to finish well.
- You know, if fathers just did what they’re supposed to do half of the junk that we face on the streets wouldn’t exist.
- I have heard many people say, who have lost a loved one, that in some ways it is like learning to live with an amputation. You do heal, but you are never the same.
- A father should love his children, and seek to win their hearts. He should protect them, discipline them, and teach them about God.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
You might also like