These sad quotes will provide some relief to the broken hearted, the dejected, the down and outs, and the inconsolables. If you experience sadness in your life, it’s good to talk to someone and hear how others are dealing with their problems. You’re never alone, and there’s always someone who can help. As my mother used to say, “The darkest hour is before dawn.”
Quotes about being Sad
- For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, it might have been.
John Greenleaf Whittier
- Our greatest joy and our greatest pain comes in our relationships with others.
Stephen R. Covey
- Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.
- Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!
Dita Von Teese
- We don’t even ask happiness, just a little less pain.
- Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.
- As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.
- It’s sad to know I’m done. But looking back, I’ve got a lot of great memories.
- It’s raining in my heart
like it’s raining in the city.
What is this sadness
that pierces my heart?
- Sometimes pain is so unmanageable that the idea of spending another day with it seems impossible.
- Tears come from the heart and not from the brain.
Leonardo da Vinci
- I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England.
C. S. Lewis
Sad Love Quotes
- It’s sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.
- I wanted to kill someone and I wanted to die and I wanted to run as far and as fast as I could because she was never coming back. She had fallen off the face of the earth and she was never coming back.
- There is a distinct, awful pain that comes with loving someone more than they love you.
- You find out what you are made of when you have a broken heart. If it happens early and often, all the better.
- Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable.
- I’d rather have a broken arm than a broken heart.
- Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
- God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
- Walking alone is not difficult but when we have walked a mile worth a thousand years with someone then coming back alone is what is difficult.
- Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.
- Let no one who loves be unhappy even love unreturned has its rainbow.
James Matthew Barrie
- I wish I were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart.
- If I could show you how awful you made me feel, you would never be able to look me in the eyes again.
- What becomes of the brokenhearted, who had love that’s now departed?
Song writers: James Anthony Dean, Paul Riser and William Henry Witherspoon
- I miss you, the old you, the one who used to care about me.
- Faking a smile is easier than explaining why you’re sad.
Depressed About Life
- The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.
- Today my forest is dark. The Trees are sad and all the butterflies have broken wings.
- I feel so disconnected from the world, and I feel like no one even notices me or cares about me anymore.
- When you’re depressed you don’t control your thoughts, your thoughts control you.
- The sun stopped shining for me is all. The whole story is: I am sad. I am sad all the time and the sadness is so heavy that I can’t get away from it. Not ever.
- I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.
- Just because you think you’re worthless doesn’t make it true.
- The word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
- Sadness flies away on the wings of time.
Jean De La Fontaine
- You can’t be happy unless you’re unhappy sometimes.
- There you go…let it all slide out. Unhappiness can’t stick in a person’s soul when it’s slick with tears.
- Be not arrogant when fortune smiles, or dejected when she frowns.
Decimius Magnus Ausonius
- Unhappiness is the ultimate form of self-indulgence. When you’re unhappy, you get to pay a lot of attention to yourself. You get to take yourself oh so very seriously.
- Unhappiness. There are all kinds of unhappy people in the world. I suppose it would be no exaggeration to say that the world is composed entirely of unhappy people.
Sad Relationship Sayings
- The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.
- Don’t cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won’t let you see the stars.
- The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.
- If someone you love hurts you: cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
- I have lost and loved and won and cried myself to the person I am today.
- Lips that taste of tears, they say are the best for kissing.
- I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.
- I don’t know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every part of my body is broken too.
- But a part of me lies buried in lace and roses on a riverbank in France-a part of me is broken off forever. A part of me will be un-fly-able, stuck in the climb.
You’re on Sad Quotes.
You might like: