A unique thing about this collection of depression quotes is that they have been created by individuals who have themselves suffered from the pains of this disorder.
If you feel depressed most of the time, you should know that you are not alone. Some of the greatest men and women have had to deal with it. It may be hard or impossible to define how it feels, but many have attempted to do so. And many have also attempted to overcome it, with some success.
Here are some of the most notable insights on the subject matter.
Quotes about Depression
- Depression is the inability to construct a future.
- Depression is like a war. You either win or die trying.
- Each day, you wake up just to fight the same demons that left you feeling utterly exhausted the day before.
- You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective – it just means you’re human.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom.
- Pain is emotional. Depression and fear are always in company with chronic hurting.
- Depression is not a sign of weakness. It means you’ve been strong for far too long.
- You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.
- It’s a bit like walking down a long, dark corridor, never knowing when the light will go on.
- It’s easy to imagine ways the future can be ugly and depressing. It’s harder, but more worthwhile, to imagine plausible ways we can make it better.
- To perceive is to suffer.
- I feel lost inside myself.
- Every thought is a battle. Every breath is a war, and I don’t think I’m winning anymore this battle.
- Every so often, we all gaze into the abyss. It’s a depressing fact of life that eventually the clock expires; eventually the sand in the hourglass runs out. It’s the leaving behind of everything that matters to us that hurts the most.
- I had to fight like hell, and fighting like hell has made me what I am.
- The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and for deeds left undone.
Harriet Beecher Stowe
- The worst part about depression: the people who don’t have it, they just don’t get it.
Depression Quotes Meme
- Living with hope is like rubbing up against a cheese grater. It keeps taking slices off you until there’s so little left you just crumble.
- We can’t breathe because of the pain that we feel inside heart, it feels like drowning deeply.
- There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.
Laurell K. Hamilton
Sorrow and Woe
- Nobody gets excited about the future at all, ever. The future is something we find depressing and worrisome.
- It’s so difficult to describe depression to someone who’s never been there, because it’s not sadness.
- Depression taught me the importance of compassion and hard work, and that you can overcome enormous obstacles.
- For in all adversity of fortune the worst sort of misery is to have been happy.
Being Depressed Meme
- The secret source of humor itself is not joy, but sorrow. There is no humor in heaven.
- I sleep to escape from reality.
- Wanting to be happy is not the worst thing in the world, but wanting it badly enough to make us depressed is.
- If life doesn’t kill you, emptiness in Life will surely kill you.
- Depression is like a bruise that never goes away. A bruise in your mind. You just got to be careful not to touch it where it hurts. It’s always there, though.
- Depression never arrives alone in Life. It brings its friends with it despair, self-injury, and suicidal thoughts.
- People aren’t born sad; we make them that way.
- Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Depression on my left, loneliness on my right. They don’t need to show me their badges. I know these guys very well.
- Sadness is a short adjustment period. Depression is a long-term illness.
- Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.
- Depression is living in a body that fights to survive, with a mind that tries to die.
Being Sad Meme
Love Quotes Depressing
- You have moved my world when you came, but you made it shake when you left.
- Better to never have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.
Otomo No Yakamoch
- To love and not be loved; is to die and not be dead.
- It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.
- Let your tears come. Let them water your soul.
- I am tired of trying, I am tired of crying, I know I have been smiling but inside I am dying.
- Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
Augustine of Hippo
- The five stages – denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance – are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost.
- The flame of love is now just a cold loneliness.
- It’s hard to pretend you love someone when you don’t, but it’s harder to pretend that you don’t love someone when you really do.
- There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you.
Sad Love Sayings
- For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, It might have been.
John Greenleaf Whittier
- A million words would not bring you back, I know because I have tried. Neither would a million tears, I know because I have cried.
- Sometimes your eyes are not the only place the tears fall from.
- Sometimes you break your heart in the right way, if you know what I mean.
Gregory David Roberts
- Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met.
Check out these sad lost love quotations.
- The saddest thing in the world is loving someone who used to love you.
- There is a distinct, awful pain that comes with loving someone more than they love you.
- The love that lasts the longest is the love that is never returned.
William Somerset Maugham
- When you are in love and you get hurt, it is like a cut… it will heal, but there will always be a scar.
- You can close your eyes to things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to things you don’t want to feel. –
- A teardrop is insignificant in a pool of water, but it can touch the soul as it runs down someone’s face.
- They say follow your heart, but if your heart is in a million pieces which piece do you follow?
Definition of Depression
What is depression? Tens of millions of people suffer from depression and most of them have to live with it for life. It affects every aspect of your life because it influences how you feel and how you think.
Being depressed may be caused by an event, but many people suffer from depression without any apparent cause. It makes you feel sad, you lose interest in almost everything, you can have trouble sleeping, and it can even create a sense of guilt or worthlessness.
You’re on Depression Quotes and Sayings.
You might like: