These patience quotes will give you pause to consider the importance of pausing. Yes, sometimes lots of things don’t come as quickly as we’d like. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.”
Quotes About Patience
- All in good time.
- Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.
A. A. Milne
- Patience is the companion of wisdom.
- Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power.
Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Patience is a real self-mastery.
- Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold.
Leonardo da Vinci
- A man without self-restraint is like a barrel without hoops and tumbles to pieces.
Henry Ward Beecher
- Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet.
Funny Patience Quotes
- Q. Do I run?
A. Yes, out of patience.
- If it doesn’t open, it’s not your door.
- Patience is the ability to count down before you blast off.
- Brain: Be Patient.
Heart: For how long?
- Don’t trade God’s timing for your deadline.
Best Patience Quotes
- All things come to him who waits – provided he knows what he is waiting for.
Woodrow T. Wilson
- Some things in life are worth waiting for.
- You usually have to wait for that which is worth waiting for.
- Good things come to those who wait.
Jess C Scott
- Whatever we are waiting for — peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance — it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.
Sarah Ban Breathnach
- There is no great achievement that is not the result of patient working and waiting.
J. G. Holland
- Some things are worth the wait.
- You can’t rush good wine. It has to sit. And when you finally drink it, it’s the bomb. It’s worth the wait.
Good Patience Quotes
- If it comes, let it come. If it goes, it’s ok, let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on.
- Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.
- The test of good manners is to be patient with the bad ones.
Solomon Ibn Gabirol
Short Patience Quotes
- Be patient. Patience is the mother of all virtues.
Hrithik Roshan (the mother of all patience quotes)
- Just be patient. Let the game come to you. Don’t rush. Be quick, but don’t hurry.
- If you want to win, be bold but patient.
- Keep your head up and be patient.
A. J. McLean
Finding Peace Quotations
- You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.
- One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
- Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.
Wayne W. Dyer
- We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.
- Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.
John F. Kennedy
- If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.
- It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.
- Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself.
- He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.
Tao Te Ching
- He who reigns within himself, and rules passions, desires, and fears, is more than a king.
- He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior.
- Even a little self-control can save you a lot of time, energy and errors.
- Self-control is the power within you that holds the reins of anger, intolerance, and impulsiveness.
- You can’t always control the wind, but you can control your sails.
- You will never have a greater or lesser dominion than that over yourself.
Leonardo da Vinci
Patience Quotes From the Bible
- Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly.
- And we urge you, brothers, to admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, and be patient with everyone.
- Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
- My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
Patience is a virtue
- Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Patience is a virtue, and I’m learning patience. It’s a tough lesson.
- Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.
- Patience is a virtue. Keep doing what you want to do and eventually, things will happen.
- Patience is the greatest of all virtues.
Cato the Elder
By Mike O’Halloran
O’Halloran, the editor of Greeting Card Poet, recognizes that patience isn’t one of his strong suits.
You’re on Patience Quotes.
You might like: