Our collection of gratitude quotes will have you counting your blessing and giving thanks.
Gratitude is one of the most beautiful feelings, and it is important to express it in a meaningful way. People and things come and go in your lives, and you wouldn’t want to miss an opportunity to say thanks.
You should be thankful to everyone and everything that’s made it a life to enjoy. Even the smallest of ‘thanks’ can be a great gesture for those who do things for your benefit.
If you are looking for some beautiful inspiration for saying thanks to anyone around you or to life itself, these famous sayings will help strengthen your feelings of gratitude.
Quotations about Gratitude
- Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality.
- Gratitude is the memory of the heart.
Jean Baptiste Massieu
- Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
- We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
- I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
- True forgiveness is when you can say, Thank you for that experience.
- Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.
- The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.
- Opening your eyes to more of the world around you can deeply enhance your gratitude practice.
See quotes about life.
Check out Social Distancing Quotes.
Great gratitude quotes to help you count your blessings.
Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart.
Thanks cost nothing.
Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.
We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.
A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all the other virtues.
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
William Arthur Ward
Check out our Happy Thanksgiving history, quotes, and wishes.
Great Gratitude Quotations
Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
Two kinds of gratitude: The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give.
Edwin Arlington Robinson
When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.
The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.
John E. Southard
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity – It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
A grateful mind is a great mind which eventually attracts to itself great things.
- There is no such thing as gratitude unexpressed. If it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude.
- Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.
- Thou who hast given so much to me, give me one more thing… a grateful heart!
- We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.
- Gratitude is the best attitude.
- Gratitude is the music of the heart when its chords are swept by the breeze of kindness.
- Sometimes it’s the ones we owe the most that we thank the least.
- Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.
- Demonstrate gratitude for the simple things in life. Show your child that you are a person who is truly grateful for the simple, good things in life: a sunset, rain, insects, birds, children laughing, or a kind gesture. Appreciative people are happy; they see the beauty in life while others miss it.
Bible Quotes on Saying Thanks
- O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
- It is good to give thanks to the LORD And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
- They are to stand every morning to thank and to praise the LORD, and likewise at evening,
- The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;
to one who orders his way rightly
I will show the salvation of God!
- You are my God, and I will give thanks to you;
you are my God; I will extol you.
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Enter His gates with thanksgiving And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name.
- But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
You might like: Yoga Quotes
Funny Gratitude Sayings
Funny gratitude quotes to help you find humor in your appreciation.
- If you can’t be content with what you have received, be thankful for what you have escaped.
- Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
- You have no cause for anything but gratitude and joy.
- Don’t overload Gratitude; if you do, she’ll kick.
- I feel a very unusual sensation – if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude.
- Though I am grateful for the blessings of wealth, it hasn’t changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I’m just wearing better shoes.
- If you really want your friends to remember you, give them something cheap.
- We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics.
- I want to say thank you to all the people who walked into my life and made it outstanding, and all the people who walked out of my life and made it fantastic.
- God gave us our relatives; thank God we can choose our friends.
Ethel Watts Mumford
Top Grateful Quotes and Sayings
These gratitude quotes will have you thinking about all there is to be thankful for.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy
- Gratitude is the state of mind of thankfulness. As it is cultivated, we experience an increase in our sympathetic joy, our happiness at another’s happiness. Just as in the cultivation of compassion, we may feel the pain of others, so we may begin to feel their joy as well. And it doesn’t stop there.
- In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.
The Joy of Gratitude
- He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
- There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.
Ralph H. Blum
- Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.
- The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude.
- Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.
- Reflect upon your present blessings — of which every man has many — not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
You’re on the Gratitude Quotes page.
You might also enjoy: