Saying “thank you” is a win-win. The object of your gratitude feels good about being acknowledged, and you feel better for expressing your appreciation. And, generally speaking, everyone has so much to be thankful for: another day on earth, the help and support of friends and family, and the other blessings in your life. To help communicate your gratefulness, we’ve collected some favorite thank you memes, quotes, images and sayings for you. Please have a spin through. See if anything strikes your fancy for a card, a note, a social media post or communication in person.
To jump to your topic of interest on this page, please use this menu:
- Memes and Images
- Best Quotes
- Expressing Your Gratitude
- Saying Thanks in Spanish, French, German, etc.
- Appreciation Quotations for Notes
- For Friends
- To God
- Thankful For You
- For Him
- For Your Help
Best Thank You Quotes, Memes, Sayings
- The more you thank life, the more life gives you to be thankful for.
- God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you?
William Arthur Ward
- Thank you for being the reason I smile.
- When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.
- You put the “You” in Thank You!
- Start each day with a grateful heart.
Thank You Memes and Images
Amazing Thank You Memes
Good Thank You Meme
These thank you images remind us all of the importance os expressing our gratitude to those that have helped us along our journey.
Best Thank You Quotes
- He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.
- Of all the characteristics needed for both a happy and morally decent life, none surpasses gratitude. Grateful people are happier, and grateful people are more morally decent.
- All our discontents about what we want appeared to spring from the want of thankfulness for what we have.
- Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job.
Short Words of Appreciation
- God has two dwellings; one in heaven, and the other in a meek and thankful heart.
- Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals.
- The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.
Be Thankful Card Openings
- We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.
- Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.
David O. McKay
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
- It isn’t what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.
Tip: These thank you images and thank you memes work great on social media for events like saying thanks for happy birthday greetings, mother day wishes and other kind messages. Your friends and family will appreciate the gesture.
Thank You Memes: Marcel Prouse
Expressing Your Gratitude
- Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
- Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.
- The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.
- Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.
- Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy.
- Have an attitude of gratitude.
Thomas S. Monson
- Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
William Arthur Ward
- Practice being grateful for everything that life has blessed you with.
- Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.
Henri Frederic Amiel
- Gratitude is one of the most medicinal emotions we can feel. It elevates our moods and fills us with joy.
Sara Avant Stover
- I may not be where I want to be but I’m thankful for not being where I used to be.
Thank You Memes: Gratitude
- Two kinds of gratitude: The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give.
Edwin Arlington Robinson
- When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.
- Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.
- Gratitude is the memory of the heart.
Jean Baptiste Massieu
- Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
- None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.
Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
- Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.
- Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.
- What you truly acknowledge truly is yours. Invite your heart to be grateful and your thank yous will be heard even when you don’t use words.
Saying Thank You in Spanish, French, German, and other Languages
- Thank You in Spanish — Gracias; Gratitude is gratitud.
- French — Je vous remercie.
- Italian — Grazie.
- Japanese — ありがとうございました
- German — Danke.
- Arabic — shuykraan.
- Irish — go raibh maith agat.
- Korean — 고맙습니다
- Latin — gratias tibi.
- Russian — Спасибо.
- Chinese — 谢谢
- Portuguese — obrigado.
- Greek — ευχαριστώ
- Polish — Dziękuję Ci
- Swedish — tack.
Appreciation Quotations for Notes
- The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.
- The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.
- Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.
- Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.
- When you share with someone your appreciation and gratitude, they will not forget you. Appreciation will return to you many times.
- When you show appreciation, the object of your attention blossoms and flourishes.
- We must learn to appreciate life. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Thank You Memes: Appreciation
From the Bottom of My Heart
- Flattery is from the teeth out. Sincere appreciation is from the heart out.
- To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch heaven.
- Appreciate what you have, where you are and who you are within this moment.
- For all you do, for who you are, I will be forever grateful you are in my life.
- Be verbal in acknowledging your appreciation.
- The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.
- To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do.
- Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.
- When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.
- Stop thinking gratitude as a buy product of your circumstances and start thinking of it as a world view.
- Every time we remember to say thank you, we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.
Sarah Ban Breathnach
- Saying thanks costs nothing but gives everything.
- I feel a very unusual sensation – if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude.
- No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.
- Be grateful for what you already have, and you will attract more good things.
- Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.
Henry Ward Beecher
- Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.
- Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.
Roy T. Bennett
- I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
Gilbert K. Chesterton
- Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.
- Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- There’s no happier person than a truly thankful, content person.
- If you can’t reward then you should thank.
- Beggar that I am, I am even poor in thanks.
- Be thankful for your trials. If you’re being tested, you’re being perfected. Which means you have a divine purpose and reason to rejoice.
- At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
- Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
- Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy.
- It’s the friends you can call up at 4 am that matter.
- Thank you for coming into my life and giving me joy, thank you for loving me and receiving my love in return. Thank you for the memories I will cherish forever. But most of all, thank you for showing me that there will come a time when I can eventually let you go.
- Oh I get by with a little help from my friends.
- When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.
G. K. Chesterton
- I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- So many people have touched my heart and made an impact on my world. I’m thankful for every lesson and learning experience.
Thank You God
- ‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.
- If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
- My legacy doesn’t matter. It isn’t important that I be remembered. It’s important that when I stand before the Lord, he says, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.’ I want to finish strong.
- I want to thank you, Lord, for life and all that’s in it. Thank you for the day and for the hour, and the minute.
- O Lord, who lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness.
- If you suffer, thank God. It is a sure sign that you are alive.
We are Blessed
- Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel.
- A single grateful thought toward heaven is the most perfect prayer.
Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
- Each of us has much for which to be grateful if we will but pause and contemplate our blessings.
Thomas S Monson
- Thank God every morning when you get up that you have something to do that day, which must be done, whether you like it or not.
James Russell Lowell
- Be grateful for small mercies.
- If you haven’t all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don’t have that you wouldn’t want.
- So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Thankful for You
- I appreciate you more because of the road I’ve travelled. My story brought me to you and I wouldn’t revise a word of my past if it led me anywhere but to your door.
- Words are never warm and tender enough to express one’s appreciation of a great kindness.
- We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
- How far that little candle throws his beams. So shines a good deed in a weary world.
- Your thoughtfulness will always be remembered.
- The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.
John E. Southard
- One man may hit the mark, another blunder; but heed not these distinctions. Only from the alliance of the one, working with and through the other, are great things born.
Antoine de Sainte-Exupery
For All You Do
- I appreciate you. Especially your heart.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy
- What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.
- You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me. I can’t imagine what things would be like if I hadn’t met you.
- One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind.
- A grateful mind is a great mind which eventually attracts to itself great things.
- I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom.
- A noble person is mindful and thankful for the favors he receives from others.
- Thank you. You have shown me the way back to myself.
- I thank everyone that has caused me to suffer, without you I would have no reason to express myself.
Thank You Teacher
- If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.
- Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth.
- Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself.
- Thank you for answering the call to be teachers. Thank you for the enduring impression you’ve made in the lives you have touched.
- Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.
- For your thoughtfulness and generosity, from you I have learned much of life’s philosophy Thank you sincerely.
- A wise lover values not so much the gift of the lover as the love of the giver.
Thomas Ã¡ Kempis
- If I were to write all the reasons I am thankful for you on tiny slips of paper, they would easily fill up the entire ocean.
- Let me just say that this has been the best year yet. We have made lots of great memories and had some really great times. I owe it all to you.
- I used to think that true happiness was not a possibility for me, but ever since I first met you, you have completely changed my life and changed my mind. Words simply cannot express how grateful I am to you for everything you have done.
- Thanks for erasing the word nightmare from the dictionary of my life. You have made my life a dream a come true.
- Even when I forget to say thank you, please know always that I do appreciate you and value you.
- When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others.
- We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.
- Gratitude is one of the least articulate of the emotions, especially when it is deep.
- The trick is to be grateful when your mood is high and graceful when it is low.
- Saying thank you is more than good manners, it is good spirituality.
- It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.
- You can say it too little, but you can never say, Thank You, too many times.
Check out Birthday Wishes Appreciation.
You Are a Lifesaver!
- The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.
Henry Ward Beecher
- Take time to be kind and to say ‘thank you.’
- We are in a wrong state of mind if we are not in a thankful state of mind.
- Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.
- Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.
- You won’t be happy with more until you’re happy with what you’ve got.
- If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.
- Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.
- To say thank you, is in recognition of humanity.
- Saying ‘thank you’ creates love.
Daphne Rose Kingma
- A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves.
Henry Ward Beecher
- Reflect upon your present blessings — of which every man has many — not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
- For me, giving thanks is a sign of appreciation and gratitude that also brings about a deep sense of peace.
For Your Help
- No one is more cherished in this world than someone who lightens the burden of another. Thank you.
- Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim.
- Sometimes, I forget to thank the people who make my life happy in so many ways.
- Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
- I am thankful that there are those among us who have sacrificed dearly on behalf of us. And I ardently pray to God that I might be less like myself and more like them.
Craig D. Lounsbrough
- Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return.
For Your Support
- Words can never express my love and appreciation for you. I can’t imagine my world without you as my Dad.
- We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.
John F. Kennedy
- For this relief much thanks. It’s bitter cold, and I am sick at heart.
- No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.
Alfred North Whitehead
- I want to thank you for the profound joy I’ve had in the thought of you.
- Such lovely warmth of thought and delicacy of color are beyond all praise, and equally beyond all thanks.
- I’m just thankful I’m surrounded by good people.
- Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls.
You might also like: