Our bundle of joy quotes will have you jumping for, er, …joy! If you’re feeling a little down, a quick read through our collection may have you on cloud nine. You may be walking on air, over the moon, and in seventh heaven. And, if not that, hopefully you’ll be a little smarter and feel a little better. Enjoy.
Quotes about Joy
- When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
- Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
- A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us.
Orison S. Marden
- They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.
- A joyful heart is the normal result of a heart burning with love. She gives most who gives with joy.
- To get joy, we must give it and to keep joy, we must scatter it.
- There is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.
- When you wish someone joy, you wish them peace, love, prosperity, happiness – all the good things.
- You don’t have the power to make life fair, but you do have the power to make life joyful.
Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- True generosity doesn’t just come out of altruism or philanthropy – it comes out of joy.
- It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- This is the most joyful day that ever I saw in my pilgrimage on earth.
- The joyful heart sees and reads the world with a sense of freedom and graciousness.
- A joyful spirit is evidence of a grateful heart.
- My joy is watching people being joyful.
- There is a land of pure delight, where saints immortal reign; infinite day excludes the night, and pleasures banish pain.
- In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider.
- The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
E. E. Cummings
- I have the opportunity, once more to right some wrongs, to pray for peace, to plant some trees, and sing more joyful songs.
William Arthur Ward
- Joy is the highest expression of love.
- Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
- Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes better friends with ourselves and everybody around.
- This day and your life are God’s gift to you – so give thanks and be joyful always.
James M. Beggs
- Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.
- A joyful life is an individual creation that cannot be copied from a recipe.
- A man’s delight in looking forward to and hoping for some particular satisfaction is a part of the pleasure flowing out of it, enjoyed in advance.
From the Bible
- Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
- For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
- Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.
- So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.
- The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing.
- For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
- We cannot cure the world of sorrows, but we can choose to live in joy.
- Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow.
- At every moment of our life we have an opportunity to choose joy.
Henri J.M. Nouwen
- Choose joy: Because happiness isn’t enough.
- Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself.
- The true spirit of delight…is to be found in mathematics as surely as in poetry.
- I define joy as a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace – a connection to what matters.
- Perhaps most important, being in a state of joy is a learned skill, not an innate ability.
- Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day.
Henri J.M. Nouwen
- The challenge before us is to savor the unknown and delight in the taste of possibility.
Mary Anne Radmacher
- Joy is a choice based on being content regardless of circumstances.
- Truth is so rare that it is delightful to tell it.
- Open your arms and welcome the joy of today.
- To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.
- True education flowers at the point when delight falls in love with responsibility.
- Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home… it’s your responsibility to love it, or change it.
- Real elation is when you feel you could touch a star without standing on tiptoe.
- The soul’s joy lies in doing.
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Sorrow prepares you for joy.
- Go forth into the busy world and love it. Interest yourself in its life; mingle kindly with its joys and sorrows.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To show a child what once delighted you, to find the child’s delight added to your own – this is happiness.
J. B. Priestley
Joie de Vivre
- If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment.
- Anywhere everywhere! Anything anyhow! just dance.
- Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition.
- Joy is increased by spreading it to others.
Robert Murray McCheyne
- Let your joy be in your journey—not in some distant goal.
- The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.
- And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
- The joy that isn’t shared dies young.
- Joy is you at the deepest level, and your joy is one with the infinite timeless joy of this unbound universe.
- Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things are. Joy is not necessarily what happens when things unfold according to our plans.
- The soul of sweet delight, can never be defiled.
- There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.
- Elation and pain are experiences that make you realize you are alive.
- Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
- Praise with elation Praise every morning Spring’s re-creation Of the First Day!
- Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.
- Intelligence is nothing without delight.
- Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men but from doing something worthwhile.
- When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
Tip: These joy quotes make great captions for photo posts on social media.
- There are days when simply seeing feels like happiness itself….You feel so rich, the elation seems almost excessive and you want to share it.
- There’s a great joy in my giving. It’s thrilling, it’s exhilarating. It’s important to be a part of sharing.
W. Clement Stone
- Few delights can equal the presence of one whom we trust utterly.
- We have to embrace obstacles to reach the next stage of joy.
- Beauty is the bait with which delight allures man to enlarge his kind.
- The more the heart is sated with joy, the more it becomes insatiable.
- We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- One should be either sad or joyful. Contentment is a warm sty for eaters and sleepers.
Note: If you have any suggested joy quotes, please let us know via the contact page.
Happiness of Life
- The joy of life consists in the exercise of one’s energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience.
- This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one.
George Bernard Shaw
- He who binds to himself a joy Does the winged life destroy; But he who kisses the joy as it flies Lives in eternity’s sun rise.
- Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.
- A joyful life isn’t about others; it’s about the brightness that is associated with being alive. Your path to it is through anything that replaces thinking with pure flight, pure joy.
You’re on Joy Quotes page.
You might like: