These best friend quotes capture a lot of what it means to have a close mate. Best friends are the folks you turn to when you have great news to share, and the folks you rely on when something bad has happened in your life.
They make you laugh. And, they’ll keep you honest. They care. Just talking with your BF makes your day go better. They know you. A BF will make the good times better, and the hard time easier.
Relationships like these must be valued, as they don’t come about every day. The insights below will help you place the right value on your relationships.
Quotes About Best Friends
One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
We are best friends. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up…after I finish laughing.
The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.
My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake.
My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.
Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.
I get by with a little help from my friends.
Cute Friendship Sayings
- The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.
Hubert H. Humphrey
- Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
- Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.
- The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
Henry David Thoreau
- Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.
- There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.
- We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is, at last, a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses, there is at last one which makes the heart run over.
- In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
- As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part.
- The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?
- The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.
Hubert H. Humphrey
- Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys and dividing our grief.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
- One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.
- A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.
- Best friends are the people you can do anything and nothing with and still have the best time.
- Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.
Strong Friendship Quotes
Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.
Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.
The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.
Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile. Unknown
We weren’t sisters or brothers by birth, but we knew from the start…fate brought us together to be sisters or brothers by heart.
A good friend is a connection to life — a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.
The best time to make friends is before you need them.
Check out our 173 Cute Quotes
Funny Best Friend Quotes
Friends are the siblings God never gave us.
A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.
Arnold H. Glasgow
If you have friends who are as weird as you, then you have everything.
No one is completely unhappy at the failure of his best friend.
Real friends don’t get offended when you insult them. They smile and call you something even more offensive.
You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.
Laurence J. Peter
We’ve been friends for so long, I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.
There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.
I think we’ll be friends forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends.
We’ll be best friends forever because you already know too much.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
In High Places – Inspirational
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
A true friend never gets in your way, unless you happen to be going down.
Arnold H. Glasow
Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.
A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
A true friend is hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!
In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.
If you live to be a hundred, I hope I live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
Winnie the Pooh
Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.
Pals and BFFs
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.
True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them.
Michael Bassey Johnson
True friends can communicate with their eyes.
Mary Rose Magnaye
A true friend is someone you can disagree with and still remain friends. For if not, they weren’t true friends in the first place.
True friends walk in when the rest of the world has walked out.
True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light.
Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.
A friend is one of the best things you can be and the greatest things you can have.
It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.
- A friendship that can end never really began.
- The road to a friend’s house is never long.
- The best mirror is an old friend.
- Friends… they cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams.
Henry David Thoreau
- I don’t know what’s tighter: our jeans or our friendship.
- There’s something about childhood friends that you just can’t replace.
- A friend shares the good times and helps out by listening during the bad times.
- Friends are the family you choose.
Jess C. Scott
- In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends.
John Churton Collins
- Some people go to priests, others to poetry, I to my friends.
- A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.
Frances Ward Weller
- Friendship is a long journey through the hills and valleys of life.
- There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.
- One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.
Make the World Beautiful
- It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who you have beside you.
- Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.
- A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.
- I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
- Sitting next to you doing absolutely nothing means absolutely everything to me.
- A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.
- Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
- BF’s: The folks you find yourself saying a little prayer for every now and then.
- Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
- True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.
- Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.
- Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.
- Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.
What is a Best Friend?
Your BF is your closest confidant. He or she is someone you can confide in without a second thought and someone who becomes an important part of life – without whom, things seem to be incomplete. When you think of this person, positive thoughts and excitement flood your mind.
- Best friend: the one that you can be mad at only for a short period of time because you have important stuff to tell them.
- Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.
- The biggest ingredient in a best friend is someone whose actions you respect and who you can truly be yourself around.
- Good mates are like stars, you can’t always see them. But you know they are there.
- Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
- Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.
- I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I’m surrounded by angels, and I call them my best friends.
- Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.
Jean de La Fontaine
- Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life–and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.
Lighthearted Friendship Quotes
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
A good friend will help you move. But a best friend will help you move a dead body.
Having those weird conversations with your friend and thinking if anyone heard us, we’d be put in a mental hospital.
It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, ‘What about lunch?'”
“Winnie-The-Pooh” by A.A. Milne
One sure way to lose another woman’s friendship is to try to improve her flower arrangements. Marcelene Cox
The holy passion of Friendship is so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.
Love is blind; friendship tries not to notice.
Otto von Bismarck
I love that our effortless friendship fits perfectly with my laziness.
Silly Quotes About Friendship
Friends come and go, like the waves of the ocean, but the true ones stay, like an octopus on your face. Unknown
When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, Damn, that was fun.
Most of us don’t need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with.
Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling inside.
Real friendship is when you friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap. Unknown
I don’t need a psychiatrist to prod into my personal life and make me tell them all my secrets. I have my friends for that.
Friendship must be built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, inappropriateness and shenanigans. Unknown
We’ll be the old ladies causing trouble in the nursing homes.
Marriage: a friendship recognized by the police.
Robert Louis Stevenson
By Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
You’re on Best Friends Quotes.
You might like: