These best friend quotes capture a lot of what it means to have a close mate. Best friends are the folks you turn to when you have great news to share, and the folks you rely on when something bad has happened in your life.
They make you laugh. And, they’ll keep you honest. They care. Just talking with your BF makes your day go better. They know you. A BF will make the good times better, and the hard time easier.
Relationships like these must be valued, as they don’t come about every day. The insights below will help you place the right value on your relationships.
Quotes About Best Friends
- One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- We are best friends. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up…after I finish laughing.
- The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
- The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.
Cute Friendship Sayings
- The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.
Hubert H. Humphrey
- Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
- Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.
- The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
Henry David Thoreau
- Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.
- There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.
- We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is, at last, a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses, there is at last one which makes the heart run over.
- The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.
Hubert H. Humphrey
- Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys and dividing our grief.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
- One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.
Check out our 173 Cute Quotes
Funny Best Friend Quotes
Friends are the siblings God never gave us.
A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.
Arnold H. Glasgow
If you have friends who are as weird as you, then you have everything.
No one is completely unhappy at the failure of his best friend.
Real friends don’t get offended when you insult them. They smile and call you something even more offensive.
You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.
Laurence J. Peter
We’ve been friends for so long, I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.
I think we’ll be friends forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends.
We’ll be best friends forever because you already know too much.
In High Places – Inspirational
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
A true friend never gets in your way, unless you happen to be going down.
Arnold H. Glasow
A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
A true friend is hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!
Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.
Pals and BFFs
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.
True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them.
Michael Bassey Johnson
True friends can communicate with their eyes.
Mary Rose Magnaye
A true friend is someone you can disagree with and still remain friends. For if not, they weren’t true friends in the first place.
True friends walk in when the rest of the world has walked out.
- A friendship that can end never really began.
- The road to a friend’s house is never long.
- The best mirror is an old friend.
- Friends… they cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams.
Henry David Thoreau
- I don’t know what’s tighter: our jeans or our friendship.
- There’s something about childhood friends that you just can’t replace.
- A friend shares the good times and helps out by listening during the bad times.
- Friends are the family you choose.
Jess C. Scott
- In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends.
John Churton Collins
- Some people go to priests, others to poetry, I to my friends.
- A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.
Frances Ward Weller
- Friendship is a long journey through the hills and valleys of life.
Make the World Beautiful
- It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who you have beside you.
- Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.
- A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.
- I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
- Sitting next to you doing absolutely nothing means absolutely everything to me.
- A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.
- BF’s: The folks you find yourself saying a little prayer for every now and then.
- Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
What is a Best Friend?
Your BF is your closest confidant. He or she is someone you can confide in without a second thought and someone who becomes an important part of life – without whom, things seem to be incomplete. When you think of this person, positive thoughts and excitement flood your mind.
- A best friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.
- The biggest ingredient in a best friend is someone whose actions you respect and who you can truly be yourself around.
- Good mates are like stars, you can’t always see them. But you know they are there.
- I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I’m surrounded by angels, and I call them my best friends.
- Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.
Jean de La Fontaine
- Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life–and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.
By Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
You’re on Best Friends Quotes.
You might like: