Our friendship quotes collection takes a look at one of the most valued resources on earth: our friends. Check out this interesting collection about all things related to friends.
If you’re in friend love, this is the list for you. Who knows, maybe it will inspire you to give one of your best friends a call.
Top 10 Friendship Quotes for your Pals
- Love is blind. Friendship tries not to notice.
- Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.
- It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one. “
- It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
- One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.
- In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- A good word is an easy obligation; but not to speak ill requires only our silence; which costs us nothing.
- If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together – there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart – I’ll always be with you.
Winnie the Pooh
One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim.
Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.
There are three faithful friends, an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.
An old friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a dead body.
The imaginary friends I had as a kid dropped me because their friends thought I didn’t exist.
A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.
Money can’t buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy.
More hilarious friends quotes.
Being a Friend
Be nice to everyone, always smile, and appreciate things because it could all be gone tomorrow.
The only unsinkable ship is friendship.
When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, “Damn, that was fun.
We’ll be friends until we’re old and our memories go. Then, we’ll be new friends.
If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn’t jump with them, I would be at the bottom to catch them.
Friends are God’s way of apologizing for our families.
No one is as entertained by us as us.
Good friends don’t let you do stupid things — alone!
Read up about the expression “BFF” and how it came to be. Friends life long comrades or buddies, they deserve the best.
The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.
The best time to make friends is before you need them.
You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question.
The soul of conversation is sympathy.
1.) You must look into other people as well as at them.
2.) A man’s own good breeding is the best security against other people’s ill manners.
Do not forget small kindnesses and do not remember small faults.
What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.
The more you say, the less people remember.
There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.
Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
Abraham Lincoln (for moreGreat Abraham Lincoln Quotes)
Friendship is one mind in two bodies.
Don’t allow the grass to grow on the path of friendship.
Native American Proverb
One smile begins a friendship.
Friendship isn’t a big thing, it’s a million little things.
No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.
Friendship is the marriage of affections.
Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.
Woodrow T. Wilson
Friendship never forgets. That is the wonderful thing about it.
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.
A single rose can be my garden — a single friend, my world.
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.
Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.
If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
More on Life
Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.
True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.
True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.”
If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.
Winnie the Pooh
Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.
Thomas J. Watson
You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.
How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. How many slices in a bread? Depends how thin you cut it. How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live ’em. How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give ’em.
Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.
I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
Never lose a chance of saying a kind word.
Tip: These friendship quotes make great photo captions.
- Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.
- Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don’t over-analyze your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness.
Leo F. Buscaglia
- Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
- If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.
- In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
- You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.
Laurence J. Peter
- Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great.
More sayings on Friends
- Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.
William Arthur Ward
- Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.
- Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.
- The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
- A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.
- If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone.
- The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when someone asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.
Henry David Thoreau
- People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.
Joseph F. Newton Men
- Friendship is like a glass ornament, once it is broken it can rarely be put back together exactly the same way.
- A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.
- It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.
- Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings.
- It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us, as the confidence of their help.
- Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.
- The tender friendships one gives up, on parting, leave their bite on the heart, but also a curious feeling of a treasure somewhere buried.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud. I am arrived at last in the presence of a man so real and equal, that I may drop even those undermost garments of dissimulation, courtesy, and second thought, which men never put off, and may deal with him with the simplicity and wholeness with which one chemical atom meets another.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.
- In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
- They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
Carl W. Buechner
- Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.
- The royal road to a man’s heart is to talk to him about the things he treasures most.
If you have any suggestions, please let us know via the contact page. Thanks.
You’re on Friendship Quotes page.
Also, check out our collection of Friends Quotes.
You might like: C.S. Lewis Quotes and Sayings