Sometimes sympathy card messages can be our biggest savior when we might feel overwhelmed with pain to write something meaningful. Even if we feel too confused to write something meaningful, it is important to reach out to our friends to show them that they are not alone in their pain.
In times of emotional distress, a few words of love and sympathy can act as an antiseptic on the open wounds of the heart.
Here is a list of some sympathy card messages, which you can use in their original format or use as a reference to compose your own message.
Messages for Sympathy Cards
- We are so sorry for your loss.
- I hope you feel surrounded by much love during these difficult times.
- Sending healing prayers and comforting hugs. I am so sorry for your loss.
- Thinking of you and wishing you moments of peace and comfort as you remember a friend who was so close to you.
- Our family is keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.
- Holding you close in my thoughts and hoping you are doing OK.
- What an amazing person and what a remarkable life. I feel so lucky that I got to know him.
- Celebrating the life of a good man and mourning his passing with you.
You might like Words of Sympathy.
Sympathy Card Message For Loss
- May the peace that comes from the memories of love shared comfort you now and in the days ahead.
- With thoughts of peace and courage for you.
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
- Our hearts are saddened to hear of your loss.
- When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
- Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll.
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
You might like Grief Quotes and Images.
Words of Condolence Video
- Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in a time of sorrow.
Robert Louis Stevenson
- When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
Sympathy Card Messages for Loss of Father
Please accept my sincere sympathy on the passing of your father. I will always remember him as a great man that always had a kind word. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I was so sorry to hear about your father’s passing. I know this is a very sad and difficult time for you and your family. Our deepest sympathies.
May you find peace in knowing that your dad lived life to the fullest. He was an inspiration to me.
Stay blessed and be strong. My heartfelt condolences are with you!
Everybody can be a father, but only a few can be a dad. Your father was one of the few that deserves the title. May you find comfort in all the wonderful memories you two must’ve shared.
I cannot tell you how sorry I was to hear about your father. Please extend my sympathy to your mom and the rest of your family.
I hope it comforts you to know that your grief is shared by all of us who knew your father. What a wonderful man! Such sad news.
Your father is like a tree; the tree itself may die, but the fruit it bears will be implanted into the hearts of everyone he knows. Your father is truly a remarkable person.
Sympathy Card Messages Examples
- I hope our prayers can give a little light during this difficult time. From far away, we’re thinking of you and your family.
- I know your heart is feeling heavy. My hope and prayer for all of you are that each day your hearts will feel lighter and lighter from the loss you are feeling, until one day only sweet memories remain to comfort you.
- I can only imagine how difficult this has been, and my heart goes out to you and your family. You are so young to have to suffer such an incredible loss and while time is a healer, I know that’s of little consolation now.
- Know that you have many, many friends who love and care about you. If you need anything I am only a phone call away.
- I’ve been thinking about what you must be going through, and it seems that we can’t truly understand what you’re going through until we face the same situation. But I am ready to help in any way that I can.
- I am so sorry for your loss, and I wish I had something wonderful to say to make you feel better. Please know that I’m willing to help you out however I can during this difficult time. I’d love to bring your family dinner or take you out for coffee if you ever need to talk to someone.
Good Sympathy Messages
- Wishing you comforting memories, supportive friends, and kindness from all to ease your sadness. May these flowers remind you that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
- We hope these flowers, in some small way, express the sympathy and sadness we feel for you during this difficult time. We’re thinking of you.
- May these flowers in some way help to express our sympathy and support. Sharing in your sorrow.
- Please accept these flowers and hear the words we are not able to speak. Peace, prayers, and blessings.
- May the love of family and friends carry you through this difficult time. Our thoughts are with you.
- Wishing you peace and comfort, and wishing you the courage to face the days ahead. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
- May these flowers express what our words never will.
By Liz Olson
Liz is a writer and poet who lives in Minneapolis.
If you have any suggestions for our sincere sympathy card messages page, please let us know via the contact page. Thanks.
You might like: