Pet Loss Quotes – Finding the right words when a friend or family member has lost a pet can be difficult. Check out this collection of Sympathy Quotes for the loss of Pet to make things easier.
Even a loving loss is difficult for many pet owners. Provide some words of comfort. It’s a sign of a caring person.
Thoughtful Pet Loss Quotes
- All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it.
- No one loves you unconditionally as your beloved pet.
Cynthia S. Dobesh
- Until one has loved an animal,
- a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.
- One day we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures.
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
Grief Quotes for Pets
- I believe all animals were created by God to help keep man alive.
- That one true heart was left behind!
- What feeling do we ever find,
- to equal among humankind
- , a dog’s fidelity!
- Nothing to be done really about animals. Anything you do looks foolish.
- The answer isn’t in us. It’s almost as if were put here on earth to show how silly they aren’t.
- We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
- What we have once enjoyed
- we can never lose;
All that we love deeply,
becomes a part of us.
Further reading — Words of Sympathy Messages and Condolences.
Grief Loss Quotations
- The best and most beautiful
Things in the world cannot
Be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart.
- There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
- May every sunrise hold more promise, every moonrise holds more peace.
For quotes death, life-death, grief loss, quotes grief and more.
You might like Famous Grief Quotes.
Death Quotes for Pets
(For death loss of a pet. For pets you love; lose a pet quotation)
Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.
For loss of Dog
- The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with himand not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.
- Dogs are not our whole life,
- but they make our lives whole.
- If not for dogs, how would we know the meaning of unconditional love?
- Once you have a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.
- The dog of your boyhood teaches you a great deal about friendship,
and love, and death: Old Skip was my brother. They had buried him
under our elm tree, they said —yet this wasn’t totally true.
For he really lay buried in my heart.
- If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
Pet Loss Quotes
- No matter how little money and how few possessions you own,
having a dog makes you rich.
- You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Having a dog will bless you with the happiest days of your life, and one of the worst days.
- The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude.
- How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
Winnie the Pooh
Loss of Dog
- If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
- Dog’s lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- God Made the earth, the sky and the water,
the moon, and the sun. He made man and bird and beast.
But He didn’t make the dog. He already had one.
- If love alone could have kept you here, you would’ve lived forever.
- Some angels choose fur instead of wings.
- A good dog never dies, he always stays,
he walks beside you on crisp autumn days
when frost is on the fields and winter’s drawing near,
his head within our hand in his old way.
- Do not Mourn my Passing
- Do not mourn my passing for if you could only see
by slipping all my earthly bonds, I’m young again and free.
By day I run the Heavenly fields, my body healthy and strong,
At night I sleep at Angels’ Feet, lulled by Celestial Song.
So do not mourn my passing, just close your eyes – you’ll see
I’m once again that frisky pup, just as you remember me.
Know of any quotations regarding loss for dogs, for cats, for horses or other animals. Please let us know via the Contact page.
For loss of Cat
- No heaven will not ever Heaven be. Unless my cats are there to welcome me.
- Don’t Cry for me When I’m Gone
So, though I give you all my heart,
The time will come when we must part.
But all around you, you will see,
Creatures that speak to you of me;
A tired horse, a hunted thing,
A sparrow with a broken wing –
Pity – and help (I know you will)
And somehow, I will be with you still;
And I shall know, although I’m gone,
The love I gave you lingers on.
- Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you until we meet again!
Check out our quotes on cats.
— Liz Olson
Liz is a writer based in the Twin Cities.
You’re on Pet Loss Quotes.
You might like: