Simple condolence messages for loss to any family member may not be able to heal the wounds of a grieving heart, but it definitely plays a big role in proving solace and comfort.
This can act as a balm on the wounded spirit of an individual. Losing a family member or close friend is like losing a part of ourselves self which is hard to replace.
When we are dealing with the pain of losing someone really close to our hearts, we don’t seek sympathy. We seek a little bit of love and empathy from the people near us.
These condolence messages for loss would surely make any depressed soul feel a little lighter and happier, knowing that they are not alone in this world fighting the cruel forces of nature.
Condolences Messages for Loss
- Sad to hear about your loss and I express my sincere sympathy to you and your family.
- Sad to hear of your loss. My condolences, and please know that my thoughts are with you and your family.
- My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May God give you the peace that you seek.
- So sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that God will grant you strength. My most sincere condolences.
- I can’t imagine what you must be feeling right now, but I want you to know that we are just a phone call away. My heartfelt condolences.
- Please accept my condolences, just know that I am here for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out, especially during this difficult time.
- May care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace to get you through the days ahead. My most sincere condolences.
- Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. My most heartfelt condolences.
Sympathy For Loss Of Husband
- I know he was so special to you. I know how much you loved him. But, I guess God loved him even more. That is why he has called him up there in heaven to watch your back from above.
- We are saddened to hear of your loss. Your husband was an amazing person to have around. I’m so lucky to have met him in this life.
- Your husband was a perfect gentleman and a great human being. He will be missed for his goodness in life. Sorry to hear about the loss.
- What an exceptional person your husband was. We hope that you are surrounded by love.
- Though your husband is gone, he still lives in your heart and in the children that he has left you. Cherish and treasure those memories for they will give you the strength to carry on. My deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband.
- We may not understand why he had to leave us so soon but we pray that God will comfort you and lift you up. Our prayers and thoughts are with you during this painful time that you have lost your husband. You are not alone.
- It is not how long a man lives, but how deep that life is. In your pain and sorrow remember that he was a great man. Our sincere sympathies for the death of your husband.
For Loss of Mother
- I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. May the soul of your mother be at peace with our Heavenly Father.
- I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. Your mother was a great woman and she will be truly missed and will always be remembered.
- A mother is the most valued being on earth. No one and nothing can fill the void created by the loss of our dear mother.
- May fond memories of your mother bring you comfort during this hard time in your life. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
- Please accept my condolences for the loss of your mother. She was a great woman and much admired. I’ll be thinking about you and you’re in my prayers.
- Thinking of you as you celebrate the remarkable life your mother led. God bless.
- When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches over us. May you take comfort in knowing that you have an angel to watch over you now. We extend our most sincere condolences to you.
- Words may not suffice to express the heartfelt sorrow that I feel for the passing of your mother. Please accept my condolences.
Tip: In addition to communicating these condolence messages on a sympathy card, some of them also work well as spoken words to those in need.
You might like How to Write Greeting Card Messages.
Words of Condolence Video
Sorrow For Loss of Father
- We were sad to hear the news about your father’s passing. Our most sincere condolences.
- Your father’s passing has left an immense void – he truly was an outstanding man. Our thoughts are with you.
- Your father will be terribly missed. He was loved by all of us and he will be cherished in our memories forever. Our condolences.
- My heartfelt condolences. Your father was an outstanding man and it seems that he has left us too soon.
- Your father always bragged about how wonderful you were. I hope you know that you meant the world to him. He’ll be missed. Truly sorry for your loss.
- Holding you close in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.
- May God shower light on your life ahead, and guide you through these sorry days. I can understand your pain, but the soul that is no more with us shall see peace and rest.
- Your loss is painful, and it is very difficult to come through such times. Keep faith in God, and he shall pour his love and care on you. We are always there to support you, take care.
- Your father was one of the nicest people I know and I know that he was a great dad too. You have my deepest sympathy on your loss.
- No matter wherever he is, he’ll always be watching over you. He will stay with you forever.
Also, please consider quotes about grief.
Simple and Short Condolence Messages
- We would like to express our sincere condolences to you and your family.
- Saddened to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with you.
- Our deepest sympathies.
- Thinking of you in these difficult times.
- I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as you are going through your process of grieving.
- We are deeply sorry for your loss.
- With you in sorrow.
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you. (Perhaps the most popular of condolence messages)
- I hope you’re doing ok and saying many prayers for you.
- Let the memories of your brother bring you some comfort.
- Our hearts go out to you and your family.
- May God bless you and comfort you.
- Wishing you peace.
Famous Condolences Messages
Condolence messages received by Jackie Kennedy
- Not as much as you and your family but we and many who believed in his rightness today suffer the great loss of your great man.
- No one can fully share the depth of your sorrow or convey the degree of their sympathy but the prayers and thoughts of each of us reach out to you and your children.
Jackie Kennedy’s Response
Mrs. Kennedy is deeply appreciative of your sympathy and grateful for your thoughtfulness.
Elizabeth Dole’s tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales (Elizabeth Dole was President of the American Red Cross)
Diana, Princess of Wales, was a friend and champion to all humanity especially to those in greatest need, often forgotten by others.
The Princess brought the power of her presence, her compassion and her position to some of the most important humanitarian issues of our time, saving countless lives and bringing comfort to countless others. Her work to bring about a global ban on landmines did more to galvanize world opinion on this issue than any other single individual.
Her death is mourned by an entire world. We at the American Red Cross share the grief of the British people in the loss of a national and global treasure. We will miss her special touch and the love that she so effectively expressed through action. I have asked that Red Cross flags in front of American Red Cross buildings be lowered to half-mast in her memory.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to her sons, William and Harry, on the loss of their mother and to the families of those who were also killed and injured.
— Michael O’Halloran
Michael is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
You’re on Condolence Messages.
You might like: