Peanut Butter Lover’s Day is celebrated every March 1. Everyone enjoys a good peanut butter sandwich, and each year on March 1, it is your chance to celebrate.
As children, we all brought peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to school. We would stand on our tiptoes and watch as Mom or Dad made the cherished sandwich.
There is no reason you can’t go and make one right now and toast to Peanut Butter Lover’s Day!
When is Peanut Butter Lover’s Day?
Peanut Butter Lover’s Day is celebrated every year on March 1. This year, Peanut Butter Lover’s Day falls on Monday, March 1, 2021.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Peanut Butter Lover’s Day.
How do I celebrate Peanut Butter Lover’s Day?
The easiest answer is to make a peanut butter sandwich and eat it. But you could also use the peanut butter as an ice cream topping. Bake a batch of peanut butter cookies or even make a delicious peanut butter smoothie.
Some people might want to make a snack using celery stalks filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins. Affectionately called Ants on a Log, this treat can also be made with chocolate chips instead of raisins.
When was Peanut Butter Invented?
In 1884, a Canadian named Marcellus Gilmore Edson was granted a patent for a procedure that involved roasting and grinding peanuts. The result was the peanut butter we know and love.
It was introduced in the United States in 1894 by a businessman named George Bayle, who used Edson’s technique. However, roasting, eating, and grinding peanuts dates back to the Aztecs and the Incas.
What other nuts are used to make nut butter?
Besides delicious peanut butter, these other nuts can be used to make nut butters:
- Sunflower Seeds
- Brazil Nuts
- Hemp Seeds
Besides jelly, what else is good on a peanut butter sandwich?
The two most popular kinds of jelly to use when making a PBJ are grape and strawberry. But people find many creative things to put on peanut butter sandwiches. You will find sandwiches with coconut, honey, blueberries, marshmallow fluff (the fluffernutter), breakfast cereal, and bananas.
Elvis Presley loved fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. He would take it a step further and add crispy bacon.
How is peanut butter made video
Fun Facts About Peanut Butter
- Widely thought to be the inventor of peanut butter, George Washing Carver (called the father of peanuts) did not invent peanut butter. He did write a book titled 105 ways to prepare peanuts.
- Over 90% of people put peanut butter on first and then spread jelly on top.
- Men prefer crunchy peanut butter, while women and children prefer creamy.
- It takes approximately 540 peanuts to make one jar of peanut butter.
- Peanut butter was used in hospitals to feed people with no teeth.
- An average European eats less than one tablespoon of peanut butter every year.
- An average American will eat about 3000 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in their lifetime.
- By law, in the United States, peanut butter must be made with a minimum of 90% peanuts.
- Residents of the East Coast like creamy peanut butter, while residents of the West Coast prefer crunchy.
- Enough peanuts grow in one acre of land to make 35,000 peanut butter sandwiches.
Peanut Butter Meme
Peanut Butter Quotes
Man cannot live by bread alone; he must have peanut butter.
James A. Garfield
I feel better all day if I start off by eating healthy. Breakfast is simple: multigrain toast with natural peanut butter, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, or healthy cereal.
I’m going to take this god-given gift of being funny, and I’m going to spread it out like peanut butter on everything I do.
There’s nothing better than good sex. But bad sex? A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is better than bad sex.
If you don’t mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
I make a mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Usually, about two hours before a game, I stuff in nice peanut butter and jelly with chocolate milk.
I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. In a dream world, the bread is super soft, like the Wonder Bread of my childhood, and the sandwich will have crunchy peanut butter, strawberry jam, and a cup of cold milk to go with it.
People say to me all the time, ‘When did you know that you had fully become an American?’ And I say, ‘the day I realized I loved peanut butter.’
When I was 16, I discovered jazzercise. And I thought it was the greatest thing since peanut butter and jelly.
Jokes about Peanut Butter
- Two peanuts walked away from a bar.
One was a salted.
- Did you hear the joke about peanut butter?
I can’t tell you. You might spread it.
- What do peanuts wear on their feet?
- What do you get when you leave your lunch in the locker too long?
A peanut butter and smelly sandwich.
- I had a hard time opening a package of peanuts for my daughter.
It was a tough nut to crack.
- What does a shark eat with peanut butter?
Peanut Butter Captions for Instagram
- Peanut butter is my jam!
- Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don’t.
- Don’t eat the shells.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Time.
- I am a creamy chick.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly for everyone.
- Talents: Eating peanut butter.
- Spread it on really thick.
- The original peanut gallery.
- Peanut butter makes everything peanut better.
- You got peanut butter in my chocolate.
- It isn’t a real sandwich without the jelly.
- Powered by peanut butter.
- I want someone to look at me the way I look at peanut butter.
- Feed me peanut butter and tell me I’m pretty.
- Peanut Butter Junkie.
- Happiness is a spoonful of peanut butter.
- I am a crunchy kind of guy.
- There is nothing peanut butter can’t fix.
- Keep your friends close and your peanut butter closer.
- Miracle foods: peanut butter, pizza, and bacon.
- My flirting technique: Do you like peanut butter?
- PB&J is the way all day!
- Fueled by PB&J.
- Peanut butter is my favorite food group.
- I love Skippy.
- Peanut butter is the glue that holds my life together.
- In case of emergency, feed me peanut butter.
- Hmmm…we have got peanut butter, jelly, but wait, no bread?
- Peanut butter and bacon because bacon goes with everything.
Use these hashtags when you are posting pictures or sending tweets:
Date this year and in the future
|Year||Date||Day of the Week|
By Tim Moodie
Tim does love peanut butter but is not a big fan of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
You’re on our Peanut Butter Lover’s Day – March 1 page.
You might like: