Receiving a Happy Mothers Day card is very enjoyable for moms. It’s a time of year when they all like to hear from everyone of their children. Traditions vary from family to family, but if you’ve given birth to a child, you may receive Mothers Day cards, flowers, gifts, dinner out and assorted other expressions of love.
Happy Mothers Day 2018
When the person who had all the answers you ever needed when your were growing up – and still does, if you’d just listen – merits a day of recognition, it’s time to step up. We have the resources to help.
Click on the sections below to take you to the desired location on this page:
Happy Mothers Day Wishes
- Out of all the moms in the world I’m glad you are mine.
- If I know what love is, it’s because of you.
- Thank you for all the happy times we’ve shared.
- MOM turned upside down is WOW!
- I love you always.
- Wishing you all the love and happiness that you deserve.
- To an amazing Mom, Happy Mom’s Day, now sit back and relax.
- Mom, I am so thankful for you.
- I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you.
- I wish you all the happiness and love you so richly deserve.
- I think me being your child is gift enough.
- Thanks for giving me my good looks.
- I know you taught me to be modest, but I got the best Mom ever!
- Great Job Mom, I turned out awesome.
- I love how we don’t have to say out loud that I’m your favorite child.
- HMD from your greatest financial burden.
- I can’t imagine how proud you are of me for remembering your card.
- You were right. There, I said it.
- I feel bad for other people. I clearly got the best Mom.
For Your Wife
- Seeing what a great mom you are makes me love you even more.
- Everything great about our family is because of you. Have a lovely and wonderful day!
- You put the sweet in our home, sweet home. Love all that you do for our family.
- Your beauty shines through in all of our children. Thanks for all you do.
Mothers Day Message
- A mother’s love is instinctual, unconditional, and forever.
- Home is where you mom is. Happy Mothers Day!
- You’re the Mom everyone wishes they had.
- Moms are the heart of the family.
- Mom: a title just above Queen.
Cards Happy Mothers Day
- Not always eye-to-eye, but always heart-to-heart.
- To the world you are a mom, but your family you are the world!
- Ain’t a woman alive that could take my mama’s place.
- Motherhood: the scariest “hood” you’ll ever go through.
Note: Mothers Day greeting cards are typically included with Mothers Days gifts. Use a happy Mothers Day message, quote or wish listed here as a starter for your messaging to that very special person in your life.
Mothers Day Images Happy
Sayings for Sisters
- Definition of Mom: One who does the work of many for free.
- Sometimes when I open my mouth, my Mama comes out.
- Moms are like buttons, they hold everything together.
- Moms make the world a little softer, kinder and warmer.
- That’s my Mama!
- Moms make life beautiful.
- A mother’s heart is a patchwork of love.
Mothers Day Card Messages
- A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a woman’s work is never done.
- Mom’s alone time: for everyone’s safety.
- Gift your mom your love!
- A mommy’’s hug lasts long after she goes.
- A mother’s heart is always with her children.
- A mom weaves her loving art and leaves her magic n our hearts.
- Mother is a verb not a noun.
- A worried mother does better research than the FBI.
- To my second least embarrassing parental unit on Facebook.
- Don’t forget to pick up a bottle of wine for your mom for mother’s day. After all, you are the reason she drinks.
- To the woman who uses my voicemail like a podcast, Happy Mother’s Day!
- A mom’s patience: What you have when there are too many witnesses.
- Mom’s lament: I live in a madhouse run by a tiny army that I made myself.
- Silence is golden, unless you have a toddler, then it’s suspicious.
- My mothering style has evolved to: “But, did anyone die?”
- 95% of mothering is wondering when you get to lie down again.
Greetings for Friends
- Have an fantastic Mother’s Day!
- I love you to the moon and back – you’re an amazing Mom!
- No matter how old I get, you’ll always be my hero.
- Always my mom, forever my friend.
- To my extraordinary Mom, you are my rock and my friend.
- You are all kinds of amazing – Happy Mothers Day Mom!
- May your day be as sensational as you are.
- Sending hugs your way on your special day. I miss you.
- You’ve given me the three most important things: Your time, your care and your love. For that, I’m forever grateful.
- For all that you’ve done for your daughter and me, thank you.
- The love of your life just doesn’t grow on trees. Thank you for raising such an amazing woman.
- The world is a better place because of people like you.
- You mean more to me than you know. Thanks a million!
- An amazing mother-in-law deserves an amazing day.
Happy Mothers Day Quotes
- Mothers of boys work from son-up until son-down.
- The lovliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother.
Therese of Lisieux
- God could not be everywhere, and therefore He made mothers.
- And I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.
- Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.
- Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.
More Mom Quotes
- All that I am or that I hope to be I owe to my mother.
- A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.
- Making a decision to have a child–it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
- One good mother is worth a hundred schoolmasters.
- Mother is the name for God on the lips and in the hearts of little children.
William M. Thackeray
- Being a mother means that your heart is no longer yours; it wonders wherever your children do.
- I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
- Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.
- The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
- Mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.
- A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
Dorothy C. Fisher
- Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.
- A mother is a person, who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
- No influence is so powerful as that of the mother.
Sarah Josepha Hale
- All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.
- Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.
Louisa May Alcott
- It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?
- Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.
Funny Quotations for Mom
- It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it.
The Golden Girls
- Nobody love me but my mother, and she could be jivin’ too.
- Moms: Like Dads, only smarter.
- If a woman speaks and no one listens, her name is probably “Mom.”
- If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant’s life, she will choose to save the infant’s life without even considering if there is a man on base.
- I know how to do anything I’m a mom.
- Nothing is lost until your mother can’t find it.
Amusing and Witty
- My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
- When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.
- Neurotics build castles in the air, psychotics live in them. My mother cleans them.
- The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires.
- Motherhood: Shower, hair, makeup in less than 10 minutes with an audience.
Happy Mother’s Day Poems
To all the great moms, here are three of the best poems to recognize your greatness.
To My Mother by Robert Louise Stevenson
You too, my mother, read my rhymes
For love of unforgotten times,
And you may chance to hear once more
The little feet along the floor.
Child and mother by Eugene Field
O mother-my-love, if you’ll give me your hand,
And go where I ask you to wander,
I will lead you away to a beautiful land,–
The Dreamland that’s waiting out yonder.
We’ll walk in a sweet posie-garden out there,
Where moonlight and starlight are streaming,
And the flowers and the birds are filling the air
With the fragrance and music of dreaming.
There’ll be no little tired-out boy to undress,
No questions or cares to perplex you,
There’ll be no little bruises or bumps to caress,
Nor patching of stockings to vex you;
For I’ll rock you away on a silver-dew stream
And sing you asleep when you’re weary,
And no one shall know of our beautiful dream
But you and your own little dearie.
And when I am tired I’ll nestle my head
In the bosom that’s soothed me so often,
And the wide-awake stars shall sing, in my stead,
A song which our dreaming shall soften.
So, Mother-my-Love, let me take your dear hand,
And away through the starlight we’ll wander,–
Away through the mist to the beautiful land,–
The Dreamland that’s waiting out yonder.
The Song of the Old Mother by William Butler Yeats
I rise in the dawn, and I kneel and blow
Till the seed of the fire flicker and glow;
And then I must scrub and bake and sweep
Till stars are beginning to blink and peep;
And the young lie long and dream in their bed
Of the matching of ribbons for bosom and head,
And their day goes over in idleness,
And they sigh if the wind but lift a tress:
While I must work because I am old,
And the seed of the fire gets feeble and cold.
Son, did you say a prayer before eating.
No sir, I didn’t have to. My mom is a good cook.
Q: Why do kangaroos hate rainy days?
A: The kids have to play inside.
Q: What does “minimum” mean?
A: A small mother.
- A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.
- Who takes the child by the hand takes the mother by the heart.
- An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.
- To understand your parent’s love, you must raise children yourself.
- There is only one pretty child in the world and every mother has it.
- He that would the daughter win must with the mother first begin.
- A mother understands what a child does not say.
- What the child says, he has heard at home.
- A rich child often sits in a poor mother’s lap.
- He that has not traveled thinks that his mother is the only good cook in the world.
Tip: These proverbs, quotes, messages, etc. work great for Facebook and Instagram.
Origin of Mother’s Day Holiday
A day to celebrate moms was pioneered by the ancient Romans and Greeks. In many countries, it has been modernized.
When Anna M. Jarvis was 41 years old, her mother passed away. On the second anniversary of her Mom’s death – the second May Sunday in the year 1908 – Jarvis communicated her plans to establish a Mother’s Day in recognition of moms.
President Woodrow Wilson made it official in 1914 when he signed a proclamation as the second Sunday of May being a day for “public expression of our love and reverence for the mothers of our country.” 2018 will be the 104th anniversary of that proclamation.
When is Mothers Day?
Mother’s Day in 2018 will be Sunday, May 13. So, if you’re asking the question, “When is Mothers Day 2018?,” you have an answer: the second Sunday in May which in 2018 falls on May 13.
In many Arab countries, it is celebrated on the Spring Equinox – March 21. For Ireland and the United Kingdom, it’s observed on the fourth Sunday in Lent and called Mothering Sunday. In 2018, it falls on March 11. India celebrates Mother’s Day on May 13.
Happy Mother’s Day in Spanish is: Feliz día de la madre.
Happy Mothers Day Images
- Hold their children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever.
- Not all superheroes wear capes.
- Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.
Happy Mothers Day Pictures
- For when a child is born the mother also is born again.
You might like these Message Mothers Day pages
Page 1 of 3 – You’re Here!
You might like For Father’s Day
More For Moms