Our collection of daughter quotes showcase the important and loving relationship a child has with her parents. Daughters look for role models in their life and typically find one in their mother’s love.
Mothers and daughters have a special relationship and that’s reflected in the insights below. As you read these sayings, reflect on your own daughters, or perhaps your parents.
Writers, newsmakers, and important folks from all walks of life wrote about or commented on their female offspring – their daughters. We’ve gathered the best of the best in the lists below. Enjoy.
Best Quotes About Daughters
- You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.
- A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.
- Raising a daughter is like growing a flower. You give it your best. If you’ve done your job well, she blooms. And after that, she leaves.
- The potential possibilities of any child are the most intriguing and stimulating in all creation.
Ray L. Wilbur
- A mother’s treasure is her daughter.
- I didn’t give you the gift of life, life gave me the gift of you.
- For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.
- You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete.
- Like stardust glistening on fairies’ wings, Little girls’ dreams are of magical things.
- Chin up Princess or the crown slips.
- It’s a different kind of love. It’s very pure, it’s unconditional, but they haven’t earned it yet. They didn’t do anything, they just exist and you love them completely, but it’s not built on anything other than their existence.
- You might like Good Father Daughter Quotes.
- The day you came into this world was the day that my life was forever changed. I never thought it was possible to feel so many different emotions all at the same time. One look at your beautiful face and I felt overjoyed, incredulous, blessed, relieved, exhausted, and utterly terrified.
- There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul.
- A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.
- My highest hope for her is just that she has the fearlessness to always be her authentic self, no matter what she thinks men want her to be.
- To a father waxing old nothing is dearer than a daughter: sons have spirits of a higher pitch, but less inclined to sweet endearing fondness.
- You are My Happy!
- You are your child’s keeper until she’s mature enough to keep herself.
- And thou shalt in thy daughter see, this picture, once, resembled thee.
- Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
Charles R. Swindoll
- Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people. They are born with a little bit of angel shine about them, and though it wears thin sometimes there is always enough left to lasso your heart.
- I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.
- I hope you believe in yourself as much as I believe in you.
- It’s the little memories that will last a lifetime.
Check out more beautiful mother daughter quotes.
Mother and Daughter Quotes
- I could never love anyone the way I love you, I used to tell my wife. And then the second I looked in that baby’s eyes, in that exact moment, that if we were ever under attack, I would use my wife as a human shield to protect that baby.
- The dearest things I know are what you are.
Oscar Hammerstein II
- You don’t know what unconditional love is. You may say you do, but if you don’t have a child, you don’t know what that is. But when you experience it, it is the most fulfilling ever.
- Your top job as a new parent is to love your baby like crazy.
- Daughters are angels sent from above to fill our hearts with unending love.
- When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.
Mary Elizabeth Frye
Note: Do you have any suggestions for our daughter’s quotes page? Let us know via the Contact page. Thanks.
Young Woman Quotations
- It’s not ’empty nest syndrome’ until all of their crap is out of your basement.
- Making the decision to have a child — it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.
- You are helpful, and you are loved, and you are forgiven, and you are not alone.
- There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years, it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.
John Gregory Brown
- As a mother, I’ve never regretted abandoning my dreams because I have eventually lived them through your eyes.
- You are such a beautiful girl, and I’m so proud of the incredible way that you are growing up. Even at such a young age, you are full of wisdom, kindness, compassion, and courage.
- My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along.
Denise Van Outen
- Find it within you to love exactly who you are and to know you’re capable, you’re loved and you’re beautiful. The world is a better place, because of you. You are unique because there is only ONE of you.
- In my life, you are the sun that never fades and the moon that never wanes.
Inspiring Young Girl Quotations
- Every moment I have had with my daughter is precious.
- Every moment I spend with you is like a beautiful dream come true.
- As they get older, our daughters become more and more like us too.
- Even if I spend the whole day with you, I miss you the second you leave.
- Who can describe the transports of a beam truly parental on beholding a daughter shoot up like some fair and modest flower, and acquire, day after day, fresh beauty and growing sweetness, so as to fill every eye with pleasure and every heart with admiration?
- I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because my father is a king.
- A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.
- Someday when the pages of my life end, I know that you will be one of its most beautiful chapters.
- Daughters are like flowers that fill the world with beauty.
- Once in a blue moon, there’s someone who knows it all, someone who knows and accepts you unconditionally, someone who’s there for life.
- As you grew, we encouraged you to live each day, as you leave, take with you the thought that each day you are given is a ‘present’.
Catherine and Byron Pulsifer
- No one in this world can love a girl more than her mother.
- A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous…full of beauty and forever beautiful…loving and caring and truly amazing.
- You motivate me to be an awesome dad, with you around I am never sad. You are one of the reasons I want to be successful, and why my life is so beautiful.
- Years will pass and I will grow old, but my love for you will never, ever change. You will have hundreds of friends, and you will fall in love many times, but I will be your best friend who will love you no matter what. I will always be right here to love you.
My Child My Love
- Your first breath took ours away.
- From the moment she was born… I felt an instant, radical, unconditional love that redefined love.
- Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.
- Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters, there is something which there are no words to express.
- No one is able to make the female a queen except her father.
- No matter what you want to do with your life, where you want to go, or who you want to be with, I will always be here for you. I will always love you, support you, help you, and encourage you. My love for you knows no end.
- I think my mom put it best. She said, ‘Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts.’
- My only prayer to God is to stop time from ticking away so that you never grow up and always remain my delightful little diva forever.
- A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.
- With God, you will always be daddy’s little girl.
- It’s a special bond that spans the years.
Through laughter, worry, smiles and tears.
A sense of trust that can’t be broken, a depth of love sometimes unspoken,
A lifelong friendship built on sharing,
Hugs and kisses, warmth and caring,
Mother and daughter their hearts as one.
A link that can never be undone.
- Your heart has a powerful little antenna and its vibrations can be felt throughout the universe.
- Our girls have learned that sweat is sexy, brawn is beautiful and a little dirt never hurts anyone.
- I never want her to think that the whole world revolves around her. But I want her to know, without a doubt, that my whole world does.
- A daughter is god’s way of saying thought you could use a lifelong friend.
- It’s every little girl’s dream to have an exact look-alike doll. It’s amazing.
- There’s no better feeling than making your little girls laugh.
- A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.
- Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.
- A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer.
Tip: These daughter quotes work great for captions on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media.
- My little girls are the most beautiful women in the world. I am a lucky, lucky man. I will spend every day making sure that they know this.
- I know a girl who stole my heart, she calls me her Mom.
- Good morning Gorgeous, how is my baby girl?
- Good daughters make good mothers.
Abigail G. Whittlesey
- If you ever feel like giving up, just remember there is a little girl watching who wants to be just like you.
- How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
- Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.
- From the moment they placed you in my arms, you snuggled right into my heart.
- A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author and editor of Greeting Card Poet. Along with his wife, they have four beautiful daughters.
You’re on the Daughter Quotes page.
You might like: