Our funny Friday quotes and sayings pay tribute to the day that serves as the gateway to the weekend.
Everyone seems to be waiting for Fridays. If there was any survey on work efficiency, it’s not difficult to guess which day would have the lowest rate. The exhilaration you feel on Fridays is something that is incomparable to other days. Weekends give you a big relief and the thoughts of spending your time with friends and family are perhaps the greatest salvation to get you thru the week.
A lot of funny things have been said and written about Friday. If one day of the week were selected as the “Holiday Day,” Friday would be it. Here are some humorous insights to make you feel even better about your favorite day of the week!
Friday Funny Quotes
- Fridays are the hardest in some ways: you’re so close to freedom.
- It is bad luck to fall out of a thirteenth story window on Friday.
- Why is Monday so far away from Friday but Friday is so close to Monday?
- Contrary to what the fans may think, you don’t just show up, wear a striped shirt, and a whistle on Friday night.
- It’s always difficult to keep Fridays confined within themselves..they tend to spill over.
- I think we’re seeing in working mothers a change from ‘Thank God it’s Friday’ to ‘Thank God it’s Monday.’ If any working mother has not experienced that feeling, her children are not adolescents.
Last Work Day Sayings
- Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite. Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance. Everyone is just waiting.
- Not for nothing is their motto TGIF – ‘Thank God It’s Friday.’ They live for the weekends, when they can go do what they really want to do.
Richard Nelson Bolles
- Employers are at their happiest on Mondays. Employees are at their happiest on Fridays.
- Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music, and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.
- It’s Friday! I can’t wait to be ashamed of what I do this weekend.
- Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday.
Funny Friday Sayings
- Friday is the beginning of my liver’s workweek.
- If my boss knew how unproductive I am on Fridays, he wouldn’t want me here either.
- I believe that it is a mandatory Law of the Universe that on Fridays, you have to do something a little fun.
- Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
- I always give 100% at work: 13% Monday, 22% Tuesday, 26% Wednesday, 35% Thursday, 4% Friday.
- I must have an enormous amount of intelligence; Sometimes it even takes a week to get it moving.
- Make each day of the week like Friday and your life will take on new enthusiasm.
- It’s Friday. Any plan of being a productive member of society is officially thrown out the window.
- If you must have the motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday.
Check out: Hilarious Quotations and Sayings.
Best Quotes about Friday
- I know every day is a gift, but where’s the receipt for Mondays? I want to exchange it for another Friday.
- Music always sounds better on Friday.
- Things people say: It’s Friday! Things self-employed people say: It’s Friday? Unknown
- The way I see it, every Friday is Good Friday. (Check out more humorous puns.)
- There are two tests in life, more important than any other test. On Monday morning, when you wake up, do you feel in the pit of your stomach you can’t wait to go to work? And when you’re ready to go home Friday afternoon, do you say, I can’t wait to go home?
- Dear Monday, I want to break up. I’m seeing Tuesday and dreaming about Friday. Sincerely, It’s not me, It’s you.
Humorous Friday Sayings
- Thursday doesn’t even count as a day, it’s just the thing that’s blocking Friday.
- The last months, weeks, and days have seen accelerating discussions, involving the DUP for the first time, about a comprehensive agreement that would see all outstanding matters dealt with and the Good Friday Agreement implemented in full.
- If you’re playing World of Warcraft on a Friday night & you put your ear up to your monitor, it sounds exactly like having no friends.
- Dear Radio Stations, please do not play Katy Perry’s ‘Friday Night’ Monday morning at 8 AM during my drive to work.
- For most Americans, Friday afternoons are filled with positive anticipation of the weekend. In Washington, it’s where government officials dump stories they want to bury.
- My boss yelled at me yesterday ‘It’s the fifth time you’ve been late to work this week! Do you know what that means!?’ I said, ‘Probably that it’s Friday?
- Friday. The golden child of the weekdays. The superhero of the workweek. The welcome wagon to the weekend. The famous F word we thank God for every week.
- If you see me on Friday, you’ll see different material on Saturday night.
- Welcome to Friday. In preparation for takeoff, please ensure all negative attitudes are properly stowed. On behalf of your captain, Jack Daniels and myself, welcome aboard. I expect sunshine and good attitudes today for our trip. Enjoy the ride.
Fridays ain’t your thing? Check out these good Tuesday quotes.
Working for the Weekend
- I’m so sad it’s Friday. I wish it was Monday already’ said No one in history, ever.
- I’m a very ritualistic, routine-oriented person, and I discovered over the years that I love working Monday through Friday.
- Finally Friday! I haven’t been this excited since my pager got stuck!
Our funny Friday quotes can make great captions for Instagram or posts on Facebook. Consider including them in emails and letters.
- Good morning everybody. Happy Friday! On a scale of 1 to Rebecca Black, how much do you love Friday?
- Pencils down. Close your books. It’s Friday, and you deserve a break. Happy Friday!
- It may be impossible, but I would love to be as happy and excited as I am on a Friday.
- Whew. It felt like a whole week before it was finally Friday again. Happy Friday!
- Big dreams. Big inspirations. This is what we have all waited for: Friday to come and go, so the weekend can start. Happy Friday!
- I wish every day was Friday; it is the start of a true week with two days of no work. Happy Friday!
- What happened before today is a blur. What happens tomorrow is sure to be exciting. Happy Friday!
- I can live without Monday, but Friday is priceless and impossible to let go. Happy Friday!
- Every teacher out there should do one thing this Friday: send their students into the weekend inspired. Happy Friday!
- All negative attitudes have been thrown out the door and won’t be back until Monday. Happy Friday!
- Happy days start with a Friday and have a way of abruptly ending the moment you wake up on Monday morning. Happy Friday!
- If there was one day of my life I wouldn’t want to forget, it would be a Friday. Happy Friday!
- Happy Friday everyone! Forget all the things you’ve encountered this week and have a great weekend.
Funny Friday Phrases and Messages
- You can have fun all year long, but there is something truly special about sitting down and relaxing on a Friday night while everyone else is too drunk to remember the evening. Happy Friday!
- Happy Friday! May your wine glasses never empty and the days last forever.
- Well, I get my subject on Wednesday night; I think it out carefully on Thursday, and make my rough sketch; on Friday morning I begin, and stick to it all day, with my nose well down on the block.
- If I had one wish, it would be to remove Monday and replace it with a second Friday. Happy Friday!
About That Last Work Day
- I’ve taught fifth-year Christmas leavers last thing on a Friday afternoon. Basically, if you can face that you can face anything.
- I don’t like Mondays, especially if they occur on Fridays.
- The first 5 days after the weekend are always the hardest.
- My aunt had a season ticket for the Friday afternoon concerts, and I would go down for lessons. My lessons were Saturday morning.
- There should be an extra day between Friday and Saturday to recover.
- Friday is like a superhero that always arrives just in time to stop me from savagely beating one of my coworkers with a keyboard.
- Man was made at the end of the week’s work when God was tired.
- The most frustrating thing to me is when I tell people I work on ‘Friday Night Lights,’ they’ll say, ‘Oh, I hear that’s a really good show.’ They never watched it.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
If you have any suggestions for our Funny Friday Quotes page, please use the Contact page. Thanks!
You might like: