Our Thanksgiving puns make light of what many consider to be the most American of all holidays. We get together with friends and family, we eat, watch some football, we eat some more, and maybe, just maybe get in a little post-meal exercise.
Oh, and one more thing – the most important – we express our gratitude and give thanks for all of our blessings in life. One of those blessings is the ability to laugh at ourselves.
Good Thanksgiving Puns To Fill Your Plate
1.) Getting the longer part of the wishbone is a snap.
2.) Eat, Drink and Cranberry.
3.) Leftovers are for quitters.
4.) Don’t feed the turkey, it’s stuffed.
5.) Gobble, Gobble, until you wobble, wobble.
6.) It doesn’t get any butter than this.
7.) It’s all fun and games until the pants don’t fit.
8.) I’m all about the baste, about the baste.
9.) The dinner doesn’t stop until I’ve tried everything.
10.) Is Thanksgiving dinner over?
You ain’t seen stuffing yet.
11.) Buckle up for a great Thanksgiving, Pilgrim. (With apologies to John Wayne.)
12.) Thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings, not your carbs.
13.) What did the hipster say the day after Thanksgiving?
I liked the leftovers before they were cool.
Funny Thanksgiving Puns
- Baby, I’m a maize at the way you feed me.
- Get stuffed!
- Already thinking about the leftovers.
- Don’t forget to set your scales back 10 pounds tonight.
- Don’t be a jerky, eat some turkey.
- Eat hard, sleep harder.
- Oh my gourd, I love Thanksgiving.
- Talk Turkey To Me.
- What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter? Pumpkin pi!
- When fitness means, “Can I fitness whole piece of the pie in my mouth at once.”
- Popeye’s Thanksgiving thought: I yam what I yam.
- Go ahead, bake my day!
Learn more about the inside story of Thanksgiving’s History.
Thanksgiving Puns About Turkey
- Butterballin’ on a Budget.
- Clear eyes, full stomach, can’t lose.
- You miss 100% of the leftovers you don’t eat.
- What is the key to a great Thanksgiving meal?
- Nobody puts gravy in the corner.
- What does a turkey drink from?
- I’m giving up leftovers over time because I can’t quit cold turkey.
- An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.
Thanksgiving Puns for Kids
- What do you get when you cross an octopus with a turkey?
Enough drumsticks for Thanksgiving.
- Where did the turkey learn to dance?
At the Butterball.
- Thanksgiving = Not a good day to be my pants.
- What always comes at the end of Thanksgiving?
The letter “g.”
- Black Friday purchases need to take into account the weight you gained on Thursday.
More Puns for Kids.
- What did the pilgrim call his homeboys?
- Why didn’t pilgrims tell secretes in the cornfield?
The corn has ears.
- What happened to the pilgrim who was wounded by the Indian?
He had an arrow escape.
- If pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for?
- If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
Turkey Day Jokes
- My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor.
- On Thanksgiving Day, all over America, families sit down to dinner at the same moment – halftime.
- Put your fat pants on…it’s time to eat.
- There’s a place for all of God’s creatures – next to the potatoes and gravy.
- What a bunch of turkeys!
Happy Thanksgiving Meme
Happy Turkey Day!
- Call the girls, call the guys, we’re having peas, potatoes and pumpkin pies.
- Give thanks, eat pie!
- People dress up on Halloween, we dress turkeys on Thanksgiving.
- The day after Thanksgiving is the busiest day for plumbers.
- Eat, drink and wear stretchy pants.
- Don’t run a fowl of the cook!
- Ah, the life of pie.
- What do you call a rude turkey?
- What did the turkey say to the hunter?
Quack, quack, quack.
- Families are like peanut brittle, it takes a lot of sweetness to hold the nuts together.
- What does a turkey with one leg say?
- Why were the fans tired of the turkeys’ baseball team?
All they hit were fowl balls.
Thanksgiving Movie Puns Meme
Thanksgiving Movie Puns
- What’s eating Giblet Grape?
- Bye, Bye Birdie.
- Poultry Fiction.
- Some Like it Hot.
- An American Turkey in the Oven.
- Gobbler on the Roof.
- To Kill a TurkeyBird.
- Eat, Pray, Football.
- The Right Stuffing.
- The Dining King.
- Maltese Turkey.
- Turkey Darko.
- Fowl Play!
- A Sweet Potato Named Desire.
- Inglorious Basters.
- Cradle 2 Gravy.
- Leave it to Cleaver.
- Beauty and the Feast.
- The Silence of the Yams.
Turkey Leftovers Quotations
- When the turkey was told he would be surrounded by family for the holiday, it wasn’t necessarily a good thing.
- How to diet on Thanksgiving: Don’t!
- The thing I’m most thankful for: Elastic Waistbands.
- Thanksgiving dinner: How people used to communicate before social media.
- Dear Christmas, Wait for your turn. C’mon man!
- I was thinner before Thanksgiving dinner.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author, founder, and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
You’re on Thanksgiving Puns page.