Here’s a satisfying collection of chocolate quotes to tempt you.
The “food of the gods”, chocolate has been unmatched in history for its taste and importance. Its history goes back to over 4,000 years. Cocoa beans were once powdered and mixed with honey, spices, chili peppers, vanilla, and water to prepare a frothy drink and savored by the civilizations in Central America.
Whether it’s a gift, a treat, a symbol of your love or a personal indulgence, chocolates can be defined in every way. And, lots of folks express their love of chocolate in some well-written verse as with these chocolate quotes. Read on.
Famous Quotes About Chocolate
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
Charles M. Schulz
- Forget love — I’d rather fall in chocolate!
- Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies.
- Chocolate says I’m sorry so much better than words.
Good Chocolate Quotes
- Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.
- Chocolate is nature’s way of making up for Mondays.
- Happiness. Simple as a glass of chocolate or tortuous as the heart. Bitter. Sweet. Alive.
- God gave the angels wings, and he gave humans chocolate.
- Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.
- Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate.
- If there’s no chocolate in Heaven, I’m not going.
- Caramels are only a fad. Chocolate is a permanent thing.
- Nothing is more romantic than chocolate.
- The greatest tragedies were written by the Greeks and Shakespeare…neither knew chocolate.
- Switzerland is a place where they don’t like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate.
Brooklynite Larry David
Biochemically, love is just like eating large amounts of chocolate.
What use are cartridges in battle? I always carry chocolate instead.
George Bernard Shaw
The way to a woman’s heart is through truth and trust. Well, all except mine. Mine is through chocolate.
Taylor E. Bennet
My favorite thing in the world is a box of fine European chocolates which is, for sure, better than sex.
Happiness. Simple as a glass of chocolate or tortuous as the heart. Bitter. Sweet. Alive.
Stress wouldn’t be so hard to take if it were chocolate covered.
Chocolate Fun Fact
It takes about 400 cocoa beans to make a pound of chocolate. Think of how many cocoa beans in your kitchen to make your annual chocolate consumption a reality.
Box of Chocolates Quote from Forrest Gump
Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.
Tom Hanks (Forrest Gump)
- Chocolate makes everyone smile – even bankers.
- Money talks. Chocolate sings.
- Chocolate is the first luxury. It has so many things wrapped up in it: deliciousness at the moment, childhood memories, and that grin-inducing feeling of getting a reward for being good.
- If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?
Marquise de Sévigné
- If singing was a color, it would’ve been the color of that chocolate.
- Any sane person loves chocolate.
- After eating chocolate you feel godlike, as though you can conquer enemies, lead armies, entice lovers.
- What kind of monster could possibly hate chocolate?
- Life without chocolate is life lacking something important.
Marcia Colman Morton & Frederic Morton
What’s your favorite type of chocolate: milk or dark?
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
- We have so much time and so little to see.
- Try some more. The Strawberries taste like strawberries.
- Bubbles, bubbles everywhere, but not a drop to drink.
- We are the Music Makers and we are the Dreamers of Dreams
- So shines a good deed in a weary world.
- If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Want to change the world? There’s nothing to it.
- You really shouldn’t mumble. because I can’t understand a word you’re saying.
- A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.
- There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you’ll be free if you truly wish to be.
- For some moments in life, There are no words.
- There’s no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going.
- Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
- If the good Lord had intended us to walk he wouldn’t have invented roller-skates.
- Willy Wonka: Where is fancy bred, in the heart or in the head?
- Everything inside is eatable, I mean edible, I mean you can eat everything.
- Charlie: What was that we just went through?
Mrs. Teevee: Is that Japanese?
Wonka: No, that’s Wonkawash spelled backward.
- Willy Wonka: So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.
- Mrs. Gloop: My son! He’ll be made into marshmallows in five seconds!
Wonka: Impossible, my dear lady! That’s absurd! Unthinkable!
Mrs. Gloop: Why?!
Wonka: Because that pipe doesn’t go to the marshmallow room! It goes to the fudge room!
Mrs. Gloop: You terrible man!
- Willy Wonka: And Charlie, don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he’d ever wished for.
Charlie: What happened?
Willy Wonka: He lived happily ever after.
- Willy Wonka: Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.
Mrs. Teevee: That’s 105 percent!
Chocolate Fun Fact
Most cocoa comes from West Africa.
Funny Chocolate Quotes
- A little chocolate a day keeps the doctor at bay.
- Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don’t need an appointment.
- My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I’ve finished two bags of M&M’s and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.
- Don’t wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty…
- Chemically speaking, chocolate really is the world’s perfect food.
- Chocolate: the poor man’s champagne.
- Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two but can’t remember what they are.
- If I die eating chocolate, I’ll die happy.
- Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands – and then eat just one of the pieces.
Chocolate Fun Fact
German chocolate cake was named after Sam German. He developed a sweet bar for Baker’s Chocolate, and he was not from Germany.
For more chocolate fun facts, visit the National Confectioners Association.
Funny Takes on Chocolate
- Exercise is a dirty word… Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
Charles M. Schultz
- Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go.
- Make a list of important things to do today. At the top of your list, put eat chocolate. Now, you’ll get at least one thing done today.
- I never met a chocolate I didn’t like.
- Save the earth it’s the only planet with chocolate!
- The 12-Step Chocolate Program: Never Be More Than 12 Steps Away From Chocolate!
- It’s not that chocolates are a substitute for love. Love is a substitute for chocolate. Chocolate is, let’s face it, far more reliable than a man.
Tip: These chocolate quotes make great captions for photos on Facebook or Instagram.
- The superiority of chocolate (hot chocolate), both for health and nourishment, will soon give it the same preference over tea and coffee in America which it has in Spain.
(Ok, not all chocolate quotes turn out to be accurate – but, still interesting.)
- The divine drink, which builds up resistance and fights fatigue. A cup of this precious drink (cocoa) permits a man to walk for a whole day without food.
Montezuma (Aztec Emperor)
- Fruit of all the kinds that the country produced were laid before him; he ate very little, but from time to time a liquor prepared from cocoa, and of an aphrodisiac nature, as we were told, was presented to him in golden cups…..I observed a number of jars, above fifty, brought in, filled with foaming chocolate. of which he took some…..
Bernal Diaz del Castillo describing emperor Montezuma (Aztec Emperor)
- Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first but keeps you warm for a long time.
Henri Frederic Amiel
- Blustery cold days should be spend propped up in bed with a mug of hot chocolate and a pile of comic books.
- On hot chocolate: It flatters you for a while, it warms you for an instant; then all of a sudden, it kindles a mortal fever in you.
Marie, Marquise de Sévigné
- He stared at his hot chocolate like it held the secret to the universe.
- The world won’t get more or less terrible if we’re indoors somewhere with a mug of hot chocolate,’ ‘Though it’s possible it will seem slightly less terrible if there are marshmallows in the hot chocolate.
Today, we know of infinite ways in which this godly ingredient is prepared and enjoyed. Chocolate was the domain of the royals for a long time before the Dutch revolutionized chocolate making in the 19th century.
So, have a piece of chocolate today and feel like a queen or king!
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author and the founder of Greeting Card Poet.
If you have any suggestions for chocolate quotes, please let us know via the Contact page. Thanks!
You’re on Chocolate Quotes: The Funny and Famous
Links you might enjoy: