Parents wrote these parenting quotes for parents.
As many of you know, and some will discover, being a parent can be hard and challenging work. Feedings in the middle of a sleepless night, tending to a sick child, the terrible two’s, and more are just some of the challenges parents face.
It doesn’t get any easier as children age into teenagers and older. But the rewards are off the charts!
Parenting is one of those rare things that seems to get continually better with each passing day. Check out our quotes on parents and see if you find something you can relate to either for your parents or your children.
Parenting Quotes For Those Days That Try Your Soul
There is no one like your parents. No one can take their place, and no one can love you like your parents. Only a parent can shower unconditional love on you.
They have the biggest impact on you. It is not the best schooling but great parenting that makes men and women great. The importance of parenting can’t be overstated. As you review this collection, you may have a greater appreciation for your own parents and other folks going through parenthood.
Quotes About Parents
- Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.
- We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.
Henry Ward Beecher
- God blessed me with two unbelievable parents, and I am just like both of them. I have the smile and charisma of my mother and the big heart of my mom because she wants to save the world and help the world, so I am just like her.
- My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.
- Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional, and forgiving.
Dr. T.P. Chia
- Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.
- When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.
- Treat your parents with loving care, you will only know their value when you see their empty chair.
- The depth of the love of parents for their children cannot be measured. It is like no other relationship. It exceeds concern for life itself. The love of a parent for a child is continuous and transcends heartbreak and disappointment.
James E. Faust
- Never Complain About What Your Parents Couldn’t Give You. It Was Probably All They Had.
- No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.
Edwin Hubbell Chapin
- Appreciate your parents. You never know what sacrifices they went through for you.
- A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.
- I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.
- At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents.
Jane D. Hull
- Love is giving your kids your undivided attention and time.
- Parenthood…it’s about guiding the next generation and forgiving the last.
- Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents.
- By the time I realized my parents were right, I had kids that didn’t believe me.
- No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.
- A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.
- Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world, you had to earn it.
- Parents face enormous pressure from the moms and dads around them, and themselves. But don’t let it get to you.
- There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.
Henry Ward Beecher
- A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.
- The best inheritance a parent can give to his children is a few minutes of their time each day.
- Most things are good, and they are the strongest things; but there are evil things too, and you are not doing a child a favor by trying to shield him from reality. The important thing is to teach a child that good can always triumph over evil.
- By loving them for more than their abilities we show our children that they are much more than the sum of their accomplishments.
- Parents must get across the idea that I love you always, but sometimes I do not love your behavior.
- We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Do not educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy. So when they grow up, they will know the value of things, not the price.
- A good father is a source of inspiration and self-restraint. A good mother is the root of kindness and humbleness.
Educating Your Children Quotations
- It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.
- Educate your children to self-control, to the habit of holding passion and prejudice and evil tendencies subject to an upright and reasoning will, and you have done much to abolish misery from their future and crimes from society.
- To be in your children’s memories tomorrow,
You have to be in their lives today.
- If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings.
- Teach your children to say you’re sorry and to forgive. Actions are greater teachers than words.
Funny Parenting Quotes
- People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.
- I got a lot of support from my parents. That’s the one thing I always appreciated. They didn’t tell me I was being stupid; they told me I was being funny.
- The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires.
- Having children is like living in a frat house – nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.z
- Parenthood: The scariest hood you’ll ever go through.
- The first 40 years of parenthood are always the hardest.
- One thing I had learned from watching chimpanzees with their infants is that having a child should be fun.
You might enjoy our hilarious jokes page.
- Hostage Negotiator: Another job that’s less stressful than being a parent.
- Parenting without a sense of humor is like being an accountant without a sense of math.
- You know you’re a mom when you understand why the mother bear’s porridge was cold.
- Patience: What parents have when there are too many witnesses.
- You know your life has changed when going to the grocery store by yourself is a vacation.
- You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
Franklin P. Adams
- Stepparents are not around to replace a biological parent, rather to augment a child’s life experience.
- Step-parenting and being a step-sibling presents a lot of exciting opportunities. When families break up and re-form, there may be less order, less certainty, and a bit more trauma involved, but kids can end up having half-a-dozen parent figures.
- If I could choose from all the stepdads in the world, I’d choose you!
- It takes a strong man to accept somebody else’s children and step up to the plate another man left on the table.
- Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a stepdad.
- Step-parenting is like working at a late-night convenience store…all of the responsibility and none of the authority.
Valerie J Lewis Coleman
- For better or worse, step-parenting is self-conscious parenting. You’re damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.
Single Parent Quotes
- Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress, and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride.
- A single mom tries when things are hard. She never gives up. She believes in her family, even when things are tough – She knows that above all things… a mother’s love is more than enough.
- I’m a single parent, a working mother, an executive, and an author. My greatest accomplishment will be to raise three wonderful children.
- Single moms: You are a doctor, a teacher, a nurse, a maid, a cook, a referee, a heroine, a provider, a defender, a protector, a true Superwoman. Wear your cape proudly.
- The best situation is being a single parent. The best part about is that you get time off, too, because the kids are with their mom, so it’s the best of both worlds. There’s a lot to be said for it.
- I didn’t plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt the best way you can.
- I can understand why a single parent, working two jobs, would find it easier to stop at McDonald’s with the kids rather than cook something from scratch at home.
Being a Parent Quotes
- It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.
- One of the greatest titles in the world is parents, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.
- Parenthood: That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.
- Creating a child takes no love or skill; being a parent requires lots of both.
- I don’t remember who said this, but there really are places in the heart you don’t even know exist until you love a child.
- You don’t really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around — and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus
- What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange, it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.
- There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.
- No one is ever quite ready; everyone is always caught off guard. Parenthood chooses you.
Marisa De Los Santos
Growing Up Sayings
- To be a good father and mother requires that the parents defer many of their own needs and desires in favor of the needs of their children. As a consequence of this sacrifice, conscientious parents develop a nobility of character and learn to put into practice the selfless truths taught by the Savior Himself.
James E. Faust
- That’s the nature of being a parent, Sabine has discovered. You’ll love your children far more than you ever loved your parents, and — in the recognition that your own children cannot fathom the depth of your love — you come to understand the tragic, unrequited love of your own parents.
- Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.
Robert A. Heinlein
- Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.
- Children don’t think about yesterday, and they don’t think about tomorrow. They just exist in the moment.
Guidelines for Parent-Child Relationships from the Child Development Institute
It is the sunlight of parental love and encouragement that enables a child to grow in competence and slowly gain mastery over his environment.
Parenting is a life time job and does not stop when a child grows up.
The point of parenting is not to have all the answers before we start out but instead to figure it out on the go as our children grow. Because as they do, so will we.
Good parenting is subjective and the same tips don’t work for all people.
Raising Children Quotes
- Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
- Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, movement, and action has an effect. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than the parent.
- With the amount of money I have, it’s difficult raising children the way I was raised.
- Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands. Take time with them, teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith. When you are old, nothing else you’ve done will have mattered as much.
- Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them.
- When you have brought up kids, there are memories you store directly in your tear ducts.
- As your kids grow they may forget what you said, but won’t forget how you made them feel.
- I think that enduring, committed love between a married couple, along with raising children, is the most noble act anyone can aspire to. It is not written about very much.
The Apple Doesn’t Fall From the Tree
- Children don’t need more things. The best toys a child can have is a parent who gets down on the floor and plays with them.
- Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories.
- To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while.
- So often, children are punished for being human. Children are not allowed to have grumpy moods, bad days, disrespectful tones, or bad attitudes, yet we adults have them all the time.None of us are perfect. We must stop holding our children to a higher standard of perfection than we can attain ourselves.
- Raising children is an uncertain thing; success is reached only after a life of battle and worry.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author, editor of Greeting Card Poet, and the father to four daughters.
You might like: