If you are a four-legged friend lover and looking for some dog quotes and sayings about this wonderful addition to a household, you have come to the right place.
Great leaders, celebrities, and people of all types have expressed their love, affection, and appreciation for dogs.
Famous, Funny & Lovable Dog Quotes & Sayings
Someone once said that the dog is a human’s best friend. No one has ever refuted it. It has become almost a universally accepted rule.
Your dog is the only thing in your life that loves you more than it loves itself. There is nothing that can be compared to the dog when it comes to bonding with its humans.
There are endless sagas and examples of the animal’s love, devotion, and care towards its owner. If you have a dog, you are one of the luckiest people in the world.
Quotes About Dogs
- You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, ‘Wow, you’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!’
- Does not the gratitude of the dog put to shame any man who is ungrateful to his benefactors?
- No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you feel rich.
- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
- Happiness is a warm puppy.
Charles M. Schulz
- The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.
Charles de Gaulle
- Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
- Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
- If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
- Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday.
You might like Puppy Jokes, Quotes, and Captions.
Mark Twain Dog Quote
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.
The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s.
Mad Dogs and Englishmen Quote
- Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.
- Noel Coward
Funny Dog Quotes
A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
What do dogs do on their day off? Can’t lie around – that’s their job.
I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs. I hear they have to pick up food they drop on the floor.
Never stand between a dog and the fire hydrant.
A dog can express more with his tail in minutes than his owner can express with his tongue in hours.
If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.
If you want someone who will listen to you every time, do everything you tell them to do, and always be there for you for better or for worse, get a dog.
Love is the emotion that a woman feels always for a poodle dog and sometimes for a man.
George Jean Nathan
If you want the best seat in the house, you’ll have to move the dog.
The best therapist has fur and four legs.
In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
You might like the Bird Sayings and Idioms page.
Cute Dog Quotations
When an eighty-five-pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.
To his dog, every man is Napoleon, hence the constant popularity of dogs.
If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.
Scratch a dog, and you’ll find a permanent job.
Franklin P. Jones
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog thinks I am.
Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot about puppies.
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.
There are three faithful friends: an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.
Check out Dog Passing Away Quotes and Captions
Funny Dog Jokes
Good Dog Sayings
- There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
- Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
- Dogs have so many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.
- Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
Franklin P. Jones
- Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.
- The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.
Check out Funny and Famous Cat Quotes.
Good Dog Quote
Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds, and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.
Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog.
Harry S Truman
No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as much as the dog does.
A dog is a vehicle, you know; a dog is a window to Mother Nature, and that’s the closest species we have.
If your dog doesn’t like someone, you probably shouldn’t either.
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring–it was peace.
The dog who meets with a good master is the happier of the two.
Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.
No animal I know of can consistently be more of a friend and companion than a dog.
Dog Love Quote
- The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.
- Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.
Sidney Jeanne Seward
- A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
- A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.
- I have always thought of a dog lover as a dog that was in love with another dog.
- One of the happiest sights in the world comes when a lost dog is reunited with a master he loves. You just haven’t seen joy till you have seen that.
- The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.
- He is rising thirteen years now, and all the gold in India would not buy him.
- Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.
Franklin P. Jones
- I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.
- Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
Agnes Sligh Turnbull
Dog Best Friend Quotes
- I took solace in my relationship with God who, along with my dog, was my best friend growing up.
- Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.
- It’s no coincidence that a man’s best friend cannot talk.
- In this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog.
George Graham Vest
- Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog;
but you’re never friendless ever if you have a dog.
- The poor dog, in life the firmest friend. The first to welcome, foremost to defend.
- Even the tiniest poodle is lionhearted, ready to do anything to defend home, master, and mistress.
- Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends.
- Next to the dog, the wastebasket is your best friend.
- Dogs: the best friend you will ever have that pees on your couch and stays your friend.
- It’s no coincidence that man’s best friend cannot talk.
- A dog’s best friend is his illiteracy.
- The friendship of a dog is precious. It becomes even more so when one is so far removed from home. I have a Scottie. In him I find consolation and diversion…he is the one person to whom I can talk without the conversation coming back to war.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
By Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
You might like: