Farewell quotes might get you through a difficult time in your life. Bidding farewell to a friend, loved one or a colleague can be hard, but it is an essential part of moving on in life. All goodbyes, no matter how painful they may be, do carry a promise of good things. It may be hard to bid farewell to someone, but when the right words are used, the moments can become memorable.
Some of the most successful people have said beautiful and deeper things about farewells. Here is a list of fond farewell quotes and sayings from some famous and some not-so-famous folks. Use the right quotes for the right person.
- It’s really amazing when two strangers become the best of friends, but it’s really sad when the best of friends become two strangers.
- We started with a simple hello but ended with a complicated goodbye.
- The hardest part of loving someone is saying goodbye.
- The return makes one love farewell.
Alfred de Musset
- Man’s feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell.
- A goodbye is not painful unless you are never ever going to say hello again.
- I have to go and say farewell to all the countries that I have been to if I can. I am 73 now, it is taxing on me.
Farewell For Friends
- Don’t be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.
- Farewell, dearest friend, never to see one another any more till at the right hand of Christ.
- The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.
- I thank you for your part in my journey.
- You and I will meet again, When we’re least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won’t say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again.
- Don’t worry, my friend we are moving apart,
But our friendship is deep-rooted in my heart I have to take one path,
While you pursue another but we will meet soon,
Let’s promise each other. Farewell!
You might like Best Journey Quotes
Tip: Consider using these farewell quotes as photo captions on Instagram, Facebook, and other social media.
- We are really going to miss trying to avoid you around here.
- Coming to work every day and not seeing your chirpy face will be painful anguish. But the fun memories we’ve shared at work will never diminish. Farewell.
- I took a long breath when I heard you were going and said to myself ‘Thank God’. But now I realize that I will miss you and your funny jokes the most.
- Having awesome colleagues is a bad habit because it’ll be impossible to work with someone else now that you’re leaving. Goodbye.
- When you will go, I shall miss your face when I am dreaming; I just hope I don’t wake up screaming.
- More than wishing you good luck for your future, I want to wish your next companions good luck. Believe me, it was difficult living with you.
- Now that you are going, we will have neat and clean premises where we can walk without having to step on books and toothbrushes. But you shall be missed.
- Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
- The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye…until we meet again.
- Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
J. R. R. Tolkien
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.
- Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven.
- If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.
You might like: Ways to Say “Safe Travels”
Parting is such Sweet Sorrow
- The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.
- Every day I shall put my papers in order and every day I shall say farewell. And the real farewell, when it comes, will only be a small outward confirmation of what has been accomplished within me from day-to-day.
- Memorial Service: Farewell party for someone who already left.
- We’ll meet again, don’t know where, don’t know when, but I know we’ll meet again, some sunny day.
- Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.
- As you move outside the cold walls of the office, we can’t wait to begin a warm friendship on the outside.
- In the journey of life, you meet several people who are hard to forget. I am glad to meet a person like you. I hope the path ahead is smooth for you and you reach your goal without a fuss. Farewell!
- Goodbye would have been a little less saddening if I had someone else in place of you as my boss. Wish you could stay with us a little longer. Farewell!
- Thanks for all those times when you helped me with the tasks I wasn’t able to do on time. It will be difficult to fill the void created by your absence here. I am really going to miss you. Best of luck!.
- Having worked under a great professional like you was a lifetime opportunity. On your farewell, we would like to tell you that you have left a legacy that would be cherished till eternity.
- May be tomorrow will be a new day without you but your teachings would always guide us.
- I have been really lucky to have worked under a great mentor like you, who was more than a teacher, almost like a friend. Having you as my boss has brought the best in me alive.
- Monthly targets and performance appraisals will come and go, but the memories of working with a colleague like you will stay in my forever… farewell, boss!
- Other bosses give orders, you gave us direction. Other bosses give targets, you gave us a vision – Other bosses lead by authority, you have always led us by respect. Farewell to a true leader!
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
Got some farewell quotes? Please let us know via the Contact page. Thanks.
You’re on Farewell Quotes and Sayings.
You might like: