National Drink Wine Day occurs on February 18 each year in the United States. So pop a cork on your favorite bottle of Chardonnay or Merlot and celebrate with friends and family!
Always drink responsibly.
When is National Drink Wine Day?
National Drink Wine Day is celebrated on February 18 each year. For this year, National Drink Wine Day falls on Thursday, February 18, 2021.
What are the four main types of wine?
The four most popular wines are red, white, rosé, and sparkling wine. Other types of wines include Dessert wine, fruit wine, mead, and barley or rice wine.
What is the most popular wine?
American wine drinkers prefer red slightly over white wines, followed by rosés.
Here is a list of the most popular wines by category:
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Zinfandel Rosé
What are the benefits of wine?
The health benefits of drinking wine include lowered blood pressure as well as the reduction of incidences of cardiovascular diseases, strokes, and diabetes.
These health benefits come largely from tannin, the bitter-tasting organic substance (polyphenol) present in the grapes used to make wine. Tannins are highly beneficial antioxidants, capable of inhibiting cholesterol plaque in the blood. They are also found in green tea and dark chocolate.
What is the healthiest wine?
The highest concentration of beneficial tannins are found in Pinot Noir
making it the healthiest wine choice.
Are two glasses of wine a day, OK?
Studies show the daily consumption of wine should be kept moderate for optimal health benefits. A limit of one glass of wine is recommended for women (150 ml) and up to two glasses for men (300 ml).
Drinking too much wine can have adverse effects on your health, like raised blood pressure and cancer risk.
How is wine made video
Why do we celebrate National Drink Wine Day?
National Drink Wine Day was established by Nashville real estate developer Todd McCalla.
As stated on their website (nationaldrinkwineday.org), “the purpose of National Drink Wine Day is to spread the love and health benefits of wine. We embrace the positive benefits of wine such as new friends, reduced risk of heart disease, and the enhancement of food and life.”
How do we celebrate National Drink Wine Day?
Here are some easy ways you can celebrate National Drink Wine Day:
- Learn about wine – Check out your local wine store to discover new kinds of wine. The helpful staff will be glad to offer their expert opinions. Or go online to learn more about wines. Start with a type you like, then learn about others within that category.
- Shop for wine – You don’t need to spend a lot to get a good bottle of wine. Many inexpensive wines are delicious and enhance your dining experience.
- Attend a wine tasting – One of the best ways to expose yourself to new wines is to sample them while receiving instruction from a certified sommelier. You will learn the nuances of each variety and a greater appreciation of wines.
- Join your friends – Schedule a night out with friends at a local wine bar. Sometimes just enjoying wine and socializing with friends is more fun than learning about it.
- Post to social media – Share your favorite wine and why you love it on social media. Be sure to use one of the hashtags below to connect with other wine lovers online.
Learn more about individual wine bottles at the Wine Spectator.
1.) Most Americans (66%) make their wine purchase decisions based on price. Brand, alcohol percentage, varietal, region, and vintage are less important factors in which wine to buy.
2.) The most expensive bottle of wine ever sold is a 1945 Romanee-Conti French Burgundy. The bottle sold at auction for $558,000 at Sotheby’s in 2018.
3.) Red wines taste better at room temperature, whereas white wines will taste better slightly chilled.
4.) Almost all red wines come from one species of grape, the Eastern European Vitis vinifera.
5.) The fear of wine is called oenophobia. Believe it or not.
6.) Wine bottles are traditionally stored upside down to keep the corks from drying up and dropping into the wine.
7.) You would need to drink 20 glasses of apple juice or seven glasses of orange juice to get the same amount of antioxidants as one glass of wine.
Jokes about wine
- He said his non-alcoholic wine was delicious; I said he had no proof.
- I love cooking with wine.
- Sometimes I even put it in the food.
- I’ve trained my dog to bring me red wine.
- It’s a Bordeaux collie.
- Do librarians like white wine?
- No, they like theirs well red!
- I’m a wine enthusiast.
- The more wine I drink, the more enthusiastic I get.
- I just heard on the grapevine that doctors have invented a new grape variety that acts as an anti-diuretic to help with incontinence.
- It’s called Pinot More.
- When you get a hangover from wine, it’s called the Grape Depression.
- Don’t ask me why I love wine.
- I have my rieslings.
- What kind of wine is aged to purr-fection?
- Somehow they knew I wanted champagne.
- It was chilling.
- What do you call a woman with a glass of wine on her head?
- A taxi.
- What is a woman’s idea of a romantic night?
- Netflix and Chilled wine.
- Can you drink alcohol for breakfast?
- Wine not?
- What do you call a redneck that is a wine connoisseur?
- 2 Buck Chuck.
- I’m not an alcoholic.
- Alcoholics need a glass of wine, but I already have one.
- What do sailors drink when they gather at a tavern to commiserate?
- Port whine!
- Did you know wine doesn’t make you fat?
Wine Jokes Meme
- It makes you lean… against tables, chairs, floors, walls, and ugly people.
- Why did the wine connoisseur insist on drinking from an old tire?
- He heard it was a Goodyear!
- Did you hear about the crime family that took over the wine importing business?
They call themselves the Sip-ranos!
- Alcohol should be served in Capri Sun pouches.
When you can’t get the straw in the hole, you’ve had enough.
- Girl: “I love you so much; I could never live without you.”
Boy: “Is that you or the wine talking?”
Girl: “It’s me talking to the wine.”
- Have you seen the improv comedy show about drunk women?
It’s called “Whose Wine Is It Anyway?”
- Some things are better left unsaid, but I’ll probably drink a glass of wine and say them anyway.
- Money can’t buy happiness.
I am just kidding. Yes, it can, if that money is used to buy merlot.
- It’s funny how eight glasses of water a day seems impossible, but eight glasses of wine is a sign of a good meal.
- We have an open-door policy.
Show up with wine, and we’ll open the door.
- I can’t wait for the day when I can drink wine with my kids instead of because of them.
- The problem with collecting wine is that you always end up getting screwed.
Check out more wine puns and memes.
- How do you decide how much wine to drink?
Take it on a case-by-case basis.
- Did you hear about the little grape who didn’t want to be made into wine?
Unfortunately, he was pressed into service!
- What is the difference between a glass of wine and a man?
A glass of wine hits the spot every time.
- If white wine goes with fish, what do white grapes go with?
- What’s the cure for marriage?
- What’s the secret to enjoying a good bottle of wine?
Open the bottle to let it breathe. If it doesn’t look like it’s breathing, give it mouth-to-mouth.
- If you can drink away your hurt, it must have been champagne.
I drank so much wine last night that when I walked across the dance floor to get another glass, I won the dance competition.
- What type of wine is notorious for making you drowsy?
- Do you know what’s fun about being sober?
- When do women drink alcohol?
- What kind of wine do they serve at the horse races?
- I’m a wine enthusiast.
The more wine I drink, the more enthusiastic I get.
- I’ve trained my dog to bring me a glass of red wine.
It’s a Bordeaux collie.
- What is a woman’s idea of a balanced diet?
A glass of wine in each hand!
- How can you find the girl who drank an entire bottle of merlot?
She’s the one dancing like a stripper!
Quotes about wine
- Either give me more wine or leave me alone.
- Pinotage has the heart of a lion and the tongue of a woman; after drinking a certain quantity, you can talk forever and fight like the devil!
- Drinking good wine with good food in good company is one of life’s most civilized pleasures.
- Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
- Wine is the most civilized thing in the world.
- Wine… the intellectual part of the meal.
- In victory, you deserve champagne; in defeat, you need it.
- Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance.
- Wine is wont to show the mind of man.
- Too much of anything is bad, but too much champagne is just right.
Famous Wine Quotes
- Beer is made by men, wine by God.
- I pray you, do not fall in love with me, for I am falser than vows made in wine.
- He who loves not wine, women, and song remains a fool his whole life long.
- Whether wine is a nourishment, medicine or poison is a matter of dosage.
Paracelsus (Phillip von Hohenheim)
- his lips drink water, but his heart drinks wine.
- With wine and hope, anything is possible.
- There are many wines that taste great but do not drink well.
- Wine is life.
- Wine is one of the most civilized things in the world and one of the most natural things of the world that has been brought to the greatest perfection, and it offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than, possibly, any other purely sensory thing.
Inspirational wine sayings
- Port is not for the very young, the vain, and the active. It is the comfort of age and the companion of the scholar and the philosopher.
- Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages.
- Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine, and be saved.
- Life is too short to drink bad wine.
- In vino veritas (In wine there is truth).
- Age appears best in four things: old wood to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
- When men drink, then they are rich and successful and win lawsuits and are happy and help their friends. Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.
- One should always be drunk. That’s all that matters… But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk.
- Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle.
- Wine comes in at the mouth, and love comes in at the eye. That’s all we shall know for truth before we grow old and die. I lift the glass to my mouth. I look at you and sigh.
William Butler Yeats
Short wine quotes
- Wine is bottled poetry.
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Where there is no wine, there is no love.
- Madame, I may be drunk, but you are ugly, and tomorrow I will be sober.
- Give me books, French wine, fruit, fine weather, and a little music played out of doors by somebody I do not know.
- Ask not what wine has done for you but rather what you are willing to do for some wine.
- Wine improves with age — the older I get, the better I like it.
- Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter… sermons and soda-water the day after.
- If a life of wine, women, and song becomes too much, give up the singing.
- Wine is constant proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- My only regret in life is that I did not drink more wine.
- Wine is the answer. I just don’t remember the question.
- I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
You might like 55 Wine Quotations.
Insights on wine
- I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.
- I am drinking the stars.
Dom Pierre Pérignon
- A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine.
- Wine brightens the life and thinking of anyone.
- Wine rejoices the heart of man, and joy is the mother of all virtues.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- The best way to learn about wine is in the drinking.
- Wine makes every meal an occasion, every table more elegant, every day more civilized.
- Wine is the thinking person’s health drink.
Dr. Phillip Norrie
- It [good wine] should start and end with a smile.
- Champagne is the wine of civilization… the oil of government.
- Wine is sunlight, held together by water.
- I love everything that is old; old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines.
- We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine.
- Nothing is so effective in keeping one young and full of lust as a discriminating palate thoroughly satisfied at least once a day.
Captions for Instagram
- As long as there is wine, there is hope.
- Wine improves with age. I improve with wine.
- Chardonnay, or should I go?
- You had me at merlot.
- A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
- Some people like beer goggles. I prefer wine glasses.
- Adulting makes me wine.
- I drink wine because I don’t like to keep things bottled up.
- Sometimes we all need a Riesling to be cheerful.
- Whenever I feel like whining, I remind myself to put a cork in it.
- Love the wine you’re with.
- The first thing on my bucket list is to fill the bucket with wine.
- Women are like fine wine. They get more expensive with age!
- When I drink wine, I make pour decisions.
- It doesn’t matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There’s clearly room for more wine.
- I make pour decisions.
- Someone, please call 9-wine-wine.
- Wine drinking team.
- Rise and wine!
- Cabernet then slay.
- I wonder if wine thinks about me too?
- Life happens. Wine helps.
- May contain wine.
- Sip happens.
- On cloud wine.
- Quiet, mom is recharging.
- Friends don’t let friends wine alone.
- Drinks well with others.
- WTF: Wine Tasting Friends.
- Anytime is a good time for wine.
- Wine makes me a sassy bitch.
- Wine listens.
Future dates for the holiday
Find out what day National Drink Wine Day falls on this year with the chart below.
|Year||Date||Day of the Week|
You’re on our National Drink Wine Day – February 18 page.
You might like: