Whether they are old or new, near or far, best friends help make our lives more enjoyable. National Best Friends Day is a way to honor our best friends. Here are some ways you can connect with friends and show appreciation for those special friends.
When Is National Best Friends Day?
National Best Friends Day is celebrated on June 8 every year. This year, National Best Friends Day falls on Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
Following are some of the most frequently asked questions and fun facts that will help enhance your knowledge further.
When was National Best Friends Day started?
This day began in 1935 when the US Congress decided to devote a particular day to celebrate best friends. They soon settled on June 8, and many countries have adopted it since. The popularity has also resulted in other such days like Friendship Day, Old Friends Week, New Friends Week, and Women’s Friendship Day, all celebrated in summers.
How to observe National Best Friends Day?
Although it lost some popularity through the years, there has been an upsurge in National Best Friends Day engagement since the rise of social media. While some spend it by planning parties, others give presents to their best friends, and some look towards social media to show their appreciation.
Who do Americans consider to be their best friends?
According to various surveys, most people consider their significant other to be the best friend, while many also characterize their dog, mom, sibling, dad, or cat as their best friend.
When do people meet their best friends?
Again, some surveys have shown that while most people meet their best friends either during elementary school or high school years, a few also find them during middle school, college, or even post-college years.
Can I only have one best friend?
American research showed that around 75% of people think a person can have more than one best friend.
Should I be talking to my best friend daily?
It is entirely up to you because, while some can go for months without talking and continue right where they left off, others need a more consistent relationship. It’s always a good idea to talk about such things with your best friend.
How can I honor my best friend?
You can say something like, “Hey bestie, Happy Best Friends Day! You are the kindest, funniest, and most helpful person I have ever met. May we stay close always!”
Six Types of Friends – YouTube Video
Fun Facts for National Best Friends Day
- Around 22% of people tend to live longer if they have a really close friendship network.
- An average American adult has two best friends.
- The tv series “Friends” first aired in 1994 and soon became one of the most famous ones ever.
- 26% of people fight with their friends over something they posted online.
- Babies start recognizing friendships at the age of around nine months.
- Young adults nowadays spend ten to twenty-five hours socializing.
- Over 57% of American teens have a close online friend.
- Usually, when you form a new close friend, an older one is displaced, typically a friend or family member.
- According to a 1993 study, an average human can only maintain 150 significant relationships. Still, today the number is believed to have risen further.
- Many animals often form friendships with individuals from their species.
- Americans form 396 friends in their lifetime but only 1 out of 12 last.
- The average number of trusted friends has fallen by a third since the last twenty years.
- Your brain reacts almost the same way you are in danger or when your friend is.
- A person shares about 1% of his DNA with his best friend.
- People lose half of their friends every seven years. So, if a friendship lasts over seven years, it’ll likely last till death.
- Your best friends influence your body weight; if they follow a healthy diet, you are likely to do the same. And, if they are junk food eaters, you will soon be too!
Best Friends Jokes
Definition of True Friendship: Walking into a person’s house and your Wifi connects automatically.
A best friend is the one sitting next to you saying, “That was awesome!”
It’s always a good idea to make best friends with babies. That’s a free cake once a year for a lifetime.
My best friend told me to make myself at home. So I threw him out; I hate having visitors.
Everyone has a best friend who laughs funnier than he jokes.
Friends wave red flags when you have a bad idea. Best friends pick up a video camera.
If you want a stable friendship, get a horse.
“What shall we play today?” said Florence to her best friend, Jenny. “Let’s play schools,” she replied. “OK!” said Florence. “But I’m going to be absent.”
Three best friends, stranded on a desert island, find a magic lantern containing a genie, who grants them each wish. The first friend wishes he was off the island and back home. The second friend wishes the same. The third friend says, “I’m lonely. I wish my friends were back here.”
Best Friend Quotes
When it hurts to look back, and you’re scared to look ahead, you can look beside yourself, and your best friend will be there.
Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.
Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.
Woodrow T. Wilson
Best friends are the siblings God never gave us.
Wishing to be best friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow-ripening fruit.
A best friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
Best friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.
The best friend is the man who knows all about you and still likes you.
It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.
One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.
Sayings about Best Friends
Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.
There is no possession more valuable than a good and faithful friend.
Best friends are always together in spirit.
The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
Henry David Thoreau
Friends are the family you choose.
Jess C. Scott
Never let your best friends get lonely, keep disturbing them.
My best friend is the man who, in wishing me well, wishes it for my sake.
Instagram Captions For Best Friends
- Love is beautiful, friendship is better.
- Did someone order two crazy best friends?
- Besides pizza, you’re my favorite.
- You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend. I’ll train you!
- A best friend is all the therapy I need.
- No friendship is an accident!
- And thus, the ultimate friendship was forged.
- Friendship isn’t one big thing, it’s a million little things.
- Always better together!
- Non-biological sibs.
- Friends don’t let friends do silly things alone.
- We’ve been best friends for so long that I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.
- Fun times and great memories.
- Friends? More like family.
- Life is better with friends.
Hashtags for National Best Friends Day
You’re on National Best Friends Day Facts, Quotes and Captions page.
You might like: