This collection of math jokes just might be enjoyable enough for mathematicians and for students alike to enjoy a laugh or two. The jokes and funny sayings contain something essential about math, the mathematical way of thinking, and also mathematical pop-culture.
Maybe you’re trying to woo someone special in your calculus class? Maybe, it’s National Pi Day and you want to get a few chuckles from an audience? Or, maybe you’re just trying to impress your teacher?
For whatever reason, you’re probably because you’re looking for some good jokes and we have supplied a ton of them!
Best Math Jokes
- Here’s a formula for laughs: just keep reading and enjoy these exponentially.
- Why should the number 288 never be mentioned?
It’s two gross.
- Heard about the mathematical plant?
It has square roots.
- Why is a math book always unhappy?
Because it always has lots of problems.
- What tool do you use in maths?
Funny Math Jokes
- Why couldn’t the Moebius strip enroll at the school?
They required an orientation.
- What does a mathematician do about constipation?
He works it out with a pencil.
- Which tables do you not have to learn?
- Why don’t you do arithmetic in the jungle?
Because if you add 4+4 you get ate.
- Why did I divide sin by tan?
- Where do math teachers go on vacation?
To Times Square.
- What do you call friends who love math?
- “Sit next to a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. Sit on a red-hot stove for a minute, it seems like an hour. That’s relativity!”
Good Math Jokes
- What is a mathematician’s favorite season?
- What did one algebra book say to the other?
Don’t bother me, I’ve got my own problems.
- How does a ghost solve quadratic equations?
By completing the scare.
- How does a mathematician plow fields?
With a protractor.
- Why did the circle do a flip?
To get in shape.
- What do you get if you cross a math teacher and a clock?
- I saw my math teacher with a piece of graph paper yesterday. I think he must be plotting something.
- Have you heard about the mathematical plant?
It has square roots.
Check out these corny jokes.
Math Jokes Meme
Funny Math Riddles
These selections are more than fractionally funny.
- How many monsters are good at math?
None, unless you Count Dracula.
- How do you keep warm in a square room?
You go into the corner, where it is always 90 degrees.
- Why did the math book look so sad?
Because it had so many problems.
- A circle is just a round straight line with a hole in the middle.
Decimals have a point.
- Why do plants hate math?
Because it gives them square roots.
- Why did the boy eat his math homework?
Because the teacher told him it was a piece of cake.
- Have you heard the latest statistics joke?
- What did the acorn say when it grew up?
- What do you call an empty parrot cage?
- Why didn’t the quarter roll down the hill with the nickel?
Because it had more cents.
- Did you hear about the constipated mathematician?
He worked it out with a pencil.
- Why wasn’t the geometry teacher at school?
Because she sprained her angle.
- Why was the obtuse angle so upset?
Because it was never right.
- Why was the warlock so bad at math?
He never knew WITCH equation to use.
Hilarious Math Jokes
- Where do multiplication problems eat breakfast?
At times tables.
- What did the spelling book say to the math book?
I know I can count on you.
- What do you call a number that can’t keep still?
A roamin’ numeral.
- What is the definition of a polar bear?
A rectangular bear after a coordinate transformation.
- Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?
To get to the same side.
- I just saw my math teacher with a piece of graph paper…I think he must be plotting something.
- Are monsters good at math?
No, unless you Count Dracula.
- How does a math professor propose to his fiancee?
With a polynomial ring.
- Why won’t Goldilocks drink a glass of water with 8 pieces of ice in it?
It’s too cubed.
- What’s the integral of (1/cabin)d(cabin)?
A natural log cabin.
- What is the first derivative of a cow?
- Why was the parent’s function upset with its child?
It was stretched to its limit.
- What is polite and works for the phone company?
A deferential operator.
- Why was the Calculus teacher bad at baseball?
He was better at fitting curves than hitting them.
- What wild animal is good at calculus?
The tangent lion.
- What is the integral of a log cabin d cabin?
Log Cabin + sea = houseboat.
- What is purple and commutative?
An abelian grape.
Note: Do you have any great math jokes? Let us know via the contact us page.
- What do mathematicians eat on Halloween?
- I saw Pi fighting with the square root of two the other day…I told them to stop being so irrational.
- How do you know your math tutor is hungry?
She’ll work for pi.
- Cakes are round but Pi is square.
- Why did the Pi get its driver’s license revoked?
Because it didn’t know when to stop.
- What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?
Pi in the sky.
- Remember not to eat too much pi—it will give you a large circumference.
- Having an argument with pi just goes around in circles.
- Who invented the Round Table?
- Statistics show that 3.14 percent of sailors are pi-rates.
- How many pastry chefs does it take to make a pie?
- Why do teenagers travel in groups of 3 or 5?
Because they can’t even.
- What did 2 say to 4 after 2 beat him in a race?
2 fast 4 you.
- What did the zero say to the eight?
- A farmer counted 297 cows in the field, but when he rounded them up, he had 300.
- Why did seven eat nine?
Because you’re supposed to eat 3 square meals a day.
- Why did the two 4’s skip lunch?
They already 8.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author, inventor, and founder of Greeting Card Poet.
You’re on the Math Jokes page.
You might like: