In the series of instant-classic books and blockbuster movies, many Harry Potter quotes stand out for their insight, wit and inspiration.
Very few works of fiction have come close to Harry Potter in reach out to tender hearts all across the world. J.K. Rowling has given some of the most gripping and enchanting stories of adventure that have obsessed not just the young, but even adults. These are stories of heroism, inspiration, greatness, love and care, friendship, and the victory of the good over evil.
In Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling has given to the world the beautiful and mystic world of Hogwarts. It takes you to a time far away without you losing touch with the present. Here are some inspirational, funny, and famous Harry Potter quotes that almost all of us can relate to at different times in our lives.
Famous Harry Potter Quotes
- Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.
- Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.
- Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
- We’re all human, aren’t we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.
- The best of us must sometimes eat our words.
Harry Potter Quotes Video Overview
Harry Potter Love Quotes
- Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.
- You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think that we don’t recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?
- It is impossible to manufacture or imitate love.
Professor Horace Slughorn
- You are protected, in short, by your ability to love!
- I’ll stay with you…until the very end.
- Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.
- The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them, in here.
- After all this time?
- Voldemort: The old argument, he said softly. But nothing I have seen in the world has supported your pronouncements that love is more powerful than my kind of magic, Dumbledore.
Dumbledore: Perhaps you have been looking in the wrong places.
- Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world.
- What do I care how he looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I think! All these scars show is at my husband is brave!
- It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
- I hope you’re pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed – or worse expelled.
- It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it.
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
- If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals
- Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.
- Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.
- It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.
Tip: These Harry Potter quotes make nice photo captions on social media.
- The poor toilet’s never had anything as horrible as your head down it — it might be sick.
- Really, Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I’m afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time.
- Oh, well…I’d just been thinking…if you had died, you’d have been welcome to share my toilet,
- Well, thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch. That way, one of you might be on time.
- Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.
- Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
- Hermione: Ancient Egyptians used to worship cats, you know.
Ron Weasley: Yeah, along with the dungbeetle.
- He can run faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo.
- Anyone can speak Troll, All you have to do is point and grunt.
- Poor old Snuffles. He must really like you, Harry… Imagine having to live off rats.
- It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Albus Dumbledore (In this Harry Potter quotes collection, you’ll find a lot of insights from Harry’s mentor.)
- Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.
- It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.
- It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.
- We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.
- We must try not to sink beneath our anguish…but battle on.
- Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
- Harry, suffering like this proves you are still a man! This pain is part of being human … the fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength.
Tip: Check out J.K. Rowling’s Pottermore website.
More J.K. Rowling Quotes
- No good sittin’ worryin’ abou’ it. What’s comin’ will come, an’ we’ll meet it when it does.
- There are some things you can’t share without ending up liking each other.
- I am what I am an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth bothern’ with.’
- Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.
- Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.
- I think I’ll just go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up — it always does in the end.
- It is important, to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then could evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.
- The world isn’t split into good people and Death Eaters. We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.
- You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.
If you have any suggestions for additions to our Harry Potter quotes, please let us know via the Contact page. Thanks!
You might like: