Our J.K. Rowling quotes will remind you both of the author’s success and of her protagonist’s, Harry Potter. Remember the J.K. Rowling story: she went from being very poor to the richest lady in England in the course of about 5 years. And, well, Harry was the wizard who defeated “he who must not be named”! She has a lot to say, so read carefully and apply the learnings to your own life’s challenges and opportunities.
Inspirational Quotes from J.K. Rowling
- Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.
- Talent and intelligence never yet inoculated anyone against the caprice of the fates.
- It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.
- Life is difficult, and complicated, and beyond anyone’s total control, and the humility to know that will enable you to survive its vicissitudes.
- It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.
- Failure is not fun. It can be awful. But living so cautiously that you never fail is worse.
Harry Potter Author
- We can choose. Things go largely like you want them to go. You control your own life. Your own will is extremely powerful.
- The true dilemmas of childhood are the dilemmas of the whole of life: those of belonging and betrayal, the power of the group and the courage it takes to be an individual, of love and loss, and learning what it is to be a human being, let alone a good, brave, or honest one.
- You will fail. It’s inevitable. It’s what you do with it. We touch other people’s lives simply by existing.
- Achievable goals are the first step to self improvement.
- The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive. You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships, until both have been tested by adversity. Such knowledge is a true gift, for all that it is painfully won, and it has been worth more than any qualification I ever earned.
- I believe in hard work and luck, and that the first often leads to the second. Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
- Are you the sort of person who gloats when they see a woman fall, or the kind that celebrates a magnificent recovery?
- There’s always room for a story that can transport people to another place.
- I don’t think there’s any harm at all in allowing a kid to fantasize. In fact, I think to stop people from fantasizing is a very destructive thing indeed.
- We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.
- Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
- The world is full of wonderful things you haven’t seen yet. Don’t ever give up on the chance of seeing them.
- Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.
- It is important to remember that we all have magic inside us.
- Whether you come back by page or by big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.
- So given a Time Turner, I would tell my 21-year-old self that personal happiness lies in knowing that life is not a check-list of acquisition or achievement. Your qualifications, your CV, are not your life, though you will meet many people of my age and older who confuse the two.
Check out our magical, Harry Potter Quotes.
- It is our choices… that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
- If someone asked for my recipe for happiness, step one would be finding out what you love doing the most in the world and step two would be finding someone to pay you to do it.
- The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and must therefore be treated with great caution.
- As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.
- Whatever money you might have, self-worth really lies in finding out what you do best.
- We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.
- We have to choose between what is right, and what is easy.
- I definitely know that—that love is the most powerful thing of all and I remember thinking that—God, I’m about to make myself cry but, I remember thinking that when 9/11 happened because those last phone calls were about—the last thing knowingly, that I’m going to say on this earth is ‘I love you.’ What’s more powerful than that? What’s more proof than that? Beyond fear, beyond death.
Insights from J.K. Rowling
- We are only as strong as we were are united, as weak as we are divided. What’s most important in a friendship? Tolerance and loyalty.
- How many of us are able to expand our minds beyond our own personal experience?… The idea that [the poor] might be individuals, and be where they are for very different, diverse reasons, seems to escape some people.
- We’re all human, aren’t we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.
- If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
- It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. All a writer needs is talent and ink.
- Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery. Wherever I am, if I’ve got a book with me, I have a place I can go and be happy.
J.K. Rowling Quote Meme
- Love wins. It does win. We know it wins. When a person dies, love isn’t turned off. Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
- People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
- To hurt is as human as to breathe.
- I have never been remotely ashamed of having been depressed. Never. What’s to be ashamed of? I went through a really rough time and I am quite proud that I got out of that.
- Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.
- No story lives unless someone wants to listen.
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
- I’d rather [my daughters] were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny—a thousand things, before ‘thin.’ And frankly, I’d rather they didn’t give a gust of stinking chihuahua flatulence whether the woman standing next to them has fleshier knees than they do.
- Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect. Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.
You’re on Best J.K. Rowling quotes page.