You’re on page 6 of 8 Graduation wishes, messages, and quotes: College Graduation Quotes. See the menu at bottom of the page.
These college graduation quotes provide you some choices when you’re looking for the right words for the graduate in your life.
To understand the importance of graduating from college, you should ask it from those who never achieved it or those who failed at it and never looked back. Whether you are looking for inspiration and great wishes for yourself or a loved one, here are some famous graduation quotes and sayings that can move souls!
Quotes on Graduating College
- Graduation is a time of completion, of finishing, of an ending, however, it is also a time of celebration of achievement and a beginning for the new graduate.
- To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
- There is a good reason they call these ceremonies ‘ commencement exercises’. Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning.
- It is not the size of the arena in which you find yourself that counts; it is what you do with it.
Dr. Irene C. Kassorla
- Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.
- There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
- There are no regrets in life. Just lessons.
- We may live in an age of instant messaging, instant gratification and Instagram, but there is no way to short circuit the path to success.
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
- Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
Anthony J. D’Angelo
Funny College Graduation Quotations
- Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.
- So how do you know what is the right path to choose to get the result that you desire? And the honest answer is this. You won’t.
- Minds are like parachutes – they only function when open.
- You are graduating from college. That means that this is the first day of the last day of your life. No, that’s wrong. This is the last day of the first day of school. Nope, that’s worse. This is a day.
- The college graduate is presented with a sheepskin to cover his intellectual nakedness.
Robert M. Hutchins
- Remember that there’s no one way of doing things … If you just get a hammer and hit it really hard, whatever it is, I guarantee you it’ll open.
- Share your sparkle wherever you are.
- Now that you’ve graduated, just remember: Bosses don’t usually accept notes from your mother.
- You can become someone who is worthy of respect, and someone who can pursue what he wants irrespective of what others say or do.
- The advantage of a classical education is that it enables you to despise the wealth that it prevents you from achieving.
- Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself.
Check out Graduation Images and Memes
College Graduate Sayings
- Your life is your story, and the adventure ahead of you is the journey to fulfill your own purpose and potential.
- The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
- You don’t go to university so you can punch a clock. You go to university so you can be in a position to make a difference.
- Just about a month from now, I’m set adrift, with a diploma for a sail and lots of nerve for oars.
- An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
- Coach said. The quality of a man’s life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence, regardless of his chosen field of endeavor.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.
- Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead.
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
Dr. Seuss – More Dr. Seuss Verses and Quotes on Graduating
Good College Graduation Quotes
- Graduation is only a concept. In real life every day you graduate. Graduation is a process that goes on until the last day of your life. If you can grasp that, you’ll make a difference.
- Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated; you can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.
David Lloyd George
- Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you will go.
- Just because you don’t know what you want yet, it doesn’t mean that there’s nothing to want.
- The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke
- So many of our dreams first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
- The aim of a college education is to teach you to know a good man when you see one.
- My father always told me, Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.
Check out: Congratulations Graduation Messages
Graduation Quotes For Daughter
- If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.
William Arthur Ward
- Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
Judy Garland – Learn more about Judy Garland
- The very purpose of our life is happiness, which is sustained by hope…. Hope means keeping going, thinking, ‘I can do this.’ It brings inner strength, self-confidence, the ability to do what you do honestly, truthfully and transparently.
The Dalai Lama
- This above all: To thine own self be true.
- What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to a human soul.
- Be Bold. Be Brilliant, and Be You.
- Being smart and rich are lucky, but being curious and compassionate will save your ass. Being curious and compassionate can take you out of your ego and edge your soul towards wonder.
- Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable.
- Love what you do. Get good at it. Competence is a rare commodity in this day and age.
- The horizon leans forward, offering you space to place new steps of change.
- The person who gets the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore.
- The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future.
- Nothing happens unless first a dream.
- Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
- First, say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.
- You cannot get to the top by sitting on your bottom.
- Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- A teacher affects eternity: he can never tell where his influence stops.
- The one real object of education is to have a man in the condition of continually asking questions.
Bishop Mandell Creighton
- Take it all one day at a time, and enjoy the journey.
- Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
- Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
- You are BRAVER than you believe, STRONGER than you seem, and SMARTER than you think.
- Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it – but sail we must, and not drift, nor lie at anchor.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.
Leonardo da Vinci
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- At commencement, you wear your square-shaped mortarboards. My hope is that from time to time you will let your minds be bold, and wear sombreros.
- There is no passion to be found in playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
- Education is the process by which the individual relates himself to the universe, gives himself citizenship in the changing world, shares the race’s mind and enfranchises his own soul.
John H. Finley
Graduation is one of the significant milestones in anyone’s life. It is the commencement of perhaps the most important phase in your life when you plan to become a giver and contributor in this world. It is a great moment for everyone around you, especially your parents.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author and founder of Greeting Card Poet.
If you have suggestions for college graduation quotes, please let us know via the Contact page. Thanks!
5 – Inspirational
6 – College Graduation
7 – High School
8 – Congratulations