College quotes provide food for thought to students, teachers and life long learners. The importance of education shines through in this fun series of insights from the likes of Mandela, Gandhi and Van Gogh.
Quotes About College
- So if a college education is indispensable, the challenge as I see it is how to make it more accessible.
- I think a college education is important no matter what you do in life.
- A college education shows a man how little other people know.
Thomas Chandler Haliburton
- Fathers send their sons to college either because they went to college or because they didn’t.
L. L. Henderson
- I think, especially when you’re in college, each book that you’re reading tends to tell you who you are.
- College isn’t the place to go for ideas.
- One of the great mind destroyers of college education is the belief that if it’s very complex, it’s very profound.
Funny Collegiate Quotations
- College ain’t so much where you been as how you talk when you get back.
- Home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names, and impossible loyalties!
- Colleges are like old age homes, except for the fact that more people die in colleges.
- They teach anything in universities today. You can major in mud pies.
- I was a modest, good-humored boy. It is Oxford that has made me insufferable.
- College is the best time of your life. When else are your parents going to spend several thousand dollars a year just for you to go to a strange town and get drunk every night?
You might like our 13 Best Gifts For College Students.
- College is the reward for surviving high school. Most people have great fun stories from college and nightmare stories from high school.
- The chief value in going to college is that it’s the only way to learn it really doesn’t matter.
George Edwin Howes
- I’ve yet to be on a campus where most women weren’t worrying about some aspect of combining marriage, children, and a career. I’ve yet to find one where many men were worrying about the same thing.
- In university they don’t tell you that the greater part of the law is learning to tolerate fools.
- Colleges are places where pebbles are polished and diamonds are dimmed.
- There is no secret to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
General Colin Powell
- Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you’ve been to college.
- What school, college, or lecture bring men depends on what men bring to carry it home in.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Our colleges ought to have lit up in us a lasting relish for the better kind of man, a loss of appetite for mediocrities.
- Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
- I am always doing what I cannot do yet in order to learn how to do it.
Vincent Van Gogh
- If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Dr Wayne Dyer
- Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow’.
Mary Anne Radmacher
- When we make college more affordable, we make the American dream more achievable.
William J. Clinton
- The aim of the college, for the individual student, is to eliminate the need in his life for the college; the task is to help him become a self-educating man.
C. Wright Mills
- I’m going to college. I don’t care if it ruins my career. I’d rather be smart than a movie star.
- College is a refuge from hasty judgment.
- I went to college because I didn’t have anywhere else to go and it was a fabulous hang. And while I was there I was exposed to this world that I didn’t know was possible.
- I turned down a scholarship to Yale. The problem with college is that there’s a tendency to mistake preparation for productivity. You can prepare all you want, but if you never roll the dice you’ll never be successful.
- College isn’t in everyone’s hearts. I am living proof, though, that school doesn’t mess up your plans. It gives you more experiences to write about.
- College inspired me to think differently. It’s like no other time in your life.
- Let me say no danger and no hardship ever makes me wish to get back to that college life again.
- No period of my life has been one of such unmixed happiness as the four years which have been spent within college walls.
- It is not my wish to lounge about the college and fatten on a fellowship all my days. I am always trying to look upon a college life as a medium not an end.
Thomas Edward Brown
Tip: These college quotes make great photo captions.
Motivational Quotes for Students
- A college education should equip one to entertain three things: a friend, an idea and oneself.
- That’s what college is for – getting as many bad decisions as possible out of the way before you’re forced into the real world. I keep a checklist of ’em on the wall in my room.
- College has given me the confidence I need to fail.
- Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.
Christian D. Larson
- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.
- College is like a fountain of knowledge – and the students are there to drink.
The Old College Try
- You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.
- For what it’s worth… it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
- If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh
- You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
- A college degree is the key to realizing the American dream, well worth the financial sacrifice because it is supposed to open the door to a world of opportunity.
- The aim of a college education is to teach you to know a good man when you see one.
- If the college you visit has a bookstore filled with t-shirts rather than books, find another college.
R. Albert Mohler Jr.
- Never get married in college; it’s hard to get a start if a prospective employer finds you’ve already made one mistake.
- The things taught in schools and colleges are not an education, but the means to an education.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Do not be afraid to ask for help. Nobody gets through college on their own.
You’re on College Quotes.
You might like: