Would it surprise you to know that some people plan their whole year around National Pi Day? Ok, that’s probably not the case for most.
Seems particularly strange, doesn’t it, to celebrate the mathematical constant on a national level, for a whole day? Mathematics enthusiasts will find this holiday this is a well-deserved cause for celebration.
Keep reading to find out more about the cause for celebration.
When Is National Pi Day?
Celebrate National Pi Day on March 14 every year. For this year, National Pi Day falls on Sunday, March 14, 2021.
To answer any questions that you might have regarding the day, here are some FAQs about it. After these, you will be able to find the jokes and quotes about it.
What is National Pi Day?
This is mostly a day to celebrate the mathematical constant π, but people also use this as an excuse to make and eat pies. Here is the symbol for pi: π.
Why is this date taken as National Pie Day?
For the countries that follow the month/day format, the first three digits of the date, which are 3/14, represent the value of pi or 3.14.
Who found the National Pi Day?
National Pi Day was found by Physicist Larry Shaw in 1988.
Why is Pi called pi?
The word for the constant was first used, by the Welsh mathematician William Jones, in 1706 as ‘pi’ is the first letter in the Greek word for “perimeter”.
Who found pi?
In 287–212 BC, Archimedes of Syracuse became the first man to use pi to calculate mathematics.
Why is Pi divided by 7?
Pi is an irrational number, meaning that the digits after their decimal are in billions. For this reason, it is often either shown in the fraction form of 22/7 or till two decimal places of 3.14.
Can Pi be squared?
No, the square root of pi and its squaring are impossible.
Why do engineers use Pi 3?
In many of their projects, the use of just pi is not sufficient, and they are required to add more digits to fulfill the needs. For this, they often take Pi 3 or even more.
How is Pi used in construction?
Because bridges, arches, and some buildings are semi-circles, Pi is often used to determine the perimeter correctly and, therefore, the amount of material required to make it.
How do I celebrate National Pi Day?
If you are a mathematician or just a pi enthusiast, well, you can try and set a new world record for reciting the most pi digits ever, a title currently held by an Indian who was being able to recite 17,000 of these.
If not, even though it is not ‘pie’ day, some people celebrate it by eating pies, and you can join them. You can simply make funds in mathematics-related studies or do some other good thing for the subject.
Fun Facts About Pi
- With over 6.4 billion digits in the constant, before it starts to recur, Pi requires about 133 years for a person to recite them all.
- Pi is the number of times a circle will fit in its circumference.
- Pi is an irrational number and cannot be expressed as the ratio of integers.
- The founder of Pi, Archimedes of Syracuse, is known to have been so indulged in the work that he did not notice when the Roman invaded his city. It is often told how he yelled ‘do not touch my circles’ when a Roman soldier approached him, who then cut off his head.
- We’ll never know the precise area or circumference of a circle. Why? Because Pi’s exact value is impossible to be calculated.
- Egyptians know that the relationship between the height and base of pyramids was the same as that between the radius and the circumference.
- ‘Pi’, a men’s cologne by Givenchy, is marketed to enhance the attractiveness of visionary and intelligent men.
- Mathematicians think that it is better to consider circles to have infinite corners rather than none, just like Pi has an infinite number of digits.
- With an infinite number of digits, ‘Pi’ is known to include the digits of 0 to 9 in all possible combinations.
- Suresh Kumar Sharma of India set a world record of reciting around 17,000 digits of Pi in 2015. This feat took over 17 hours to complete.
More Fun Facts About π Video
- It would be best if you were the square root of two because I am irrational around you.
- The Great Pyramid, that monument to spirituality that the Agashan Teachers hold in such high esteem, is built according to Pi’s principles.
- Exploring pi is like exploring the universe.
- My love for you is like the decimals of pi — never-ending.
- Everything is nothing, with a twist.
- Men may come, and men may go… but Pi goes on forever.
George Augustus Sala
Sayings About Pi
- Love is not a pie; hand out your eight slices, and you are done. It is like pi; irrational and never-ending.
- Programming graphics in X is like finding the square root of PI using Roman numerals.
- Pi is not merely the ubiquitous factor in high school geometry problems; it is stitched across the whole tapestry of mathematics, not just geometry’s little corner of it.
- Sometimes I feel so sick at the state of the world I can’t even finish my second apple pie.
- Love is like pi – natural, irrational, and very important.
- Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics. I can assure you that mine are still greater.
Jokes About Pi
- I tried to memorize 100 digits of pi today.
But why would I worry about pi on my cake day?
- What do you call a snake that’s exactly 3.14 feet long?
- What did pi say to its partner?
Stop being so irrational.
- Remember not to eat too much pi.
It will give you a large circumference.
- What do you get when a bunch of sheep stands in a circle?
- What’s a shark’s favorite dessert?
- How many bakers does it take to make a pie?
- 3.14% of sailors are pi-rates.
- What’s another term for 1.57?
Half a pi.
- Just saw American Pi. I gave it a rating of 3.14.
- What language should you speak on Pi day?
- Why should you never talk to pi?
Because he’ll go on forever.
- Why did pi have its driver’s license revoked?
Because it didn’t know when to stop.
- What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?
Pi in the sky.
- What do you get when you take a bovine and divide its circumference by its diameter?
A cow pi.
Pi Captions For Instagram
- Apple of my π.
- Pi makes me well-rounded.
- As sweet as π!
- I finally get to be irrational today.
- I’m very similar to π; irrational and very important.
- π makes it all better!
- Have an irrational day.
- As easy as π.
- π in the sky!
- Cutie π!
- Come to the nerd side; we have π.
- Irrational, but well-rounded.
- Shut your π hole!
- Have a finger in every π!
- Sweet as 3.14159265359.
National Pi Day Hashtags
Future National Cereal Day Dates
|Year||Date||Day of the Week|
We hope you enjoyed our resources to celebrate National Pi Day. We hope we made it 3.14 times more fun!
You’re on our National Pi Day Quotes, Jokes, Captions page.
You might like: