National Pancake Day has been celebrated every year for the last fifteen years in the United States. Be it the vegan pancake-lovers or the non-vegans; all celebrate this day by gulping down pancakes.
When is National Pancake Day?
This year, National Pancake Day is celebrated on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
Get more information on this holiday through the answers to frequently asked questions.
Where can I get free pancakes on National Pancake Day?
IHOP gives pancakes for free, in their event, around the National Pancake Day each year. These are completely free, but it is encouraged to donate to the Children’s Miracle Network.
When did National Pancake Day start?
Also known as Shrove Tuesday, this day has been a part of history for thousands of years. However, IHOP’s act of planning a charity event on this day began fifteen years back, in 2006.
How to make the fluffiest pancakes you’ll ever eat video
What is a good pancake topping?
You can make a delicious pancake topping by simply softening the cherry jam and drizzling it over.
What else is the National Pancake Day called?
National Pancake day is also called Shrove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, or Mardi Gras in the US and has various other names in other countries.
How long should you cook pancakes?
It takes about 10 minutes to properly cook a pancake over medium heat.
What makes pancakes fluffier?
You can make a thicker and fluffier pancake by substituting half of the milk with yogurt.
What types of pancakes are there?
There are various pancake types, with most cultures having a specialty. Some of the most famous ones include the French Crêpes, American-Style Pancakes, Scotch Pancakes, Indonesian Serabi, Russian Blinis, Moroccan Meme, Danish Aebleskiver, and Irish Boxty.
How does one celebrate National Pancake Day?
This day is not just about devouring free pancakes from IHOP. This day is meant to bring families and friends together by making them dine together. Also, on this day, people are encouraged to go to the IHOP charity event and help the ones in need through wholehearted donations.
Fun facts about pancakes
- Algonquin Indians drank maple syrup as a sweet drink.
- Pancakes were invented in the 1st Century AD by the Romans.
- Pancakes were one of the most liked foods of William Shakespeare.
- The National Pancake date is decided as such because people fast for the next 40 days of Lent, starting from Ash Wednesday, and can’t use various foods then. Therefore, they make foods like pancakes and use eggs, milk, sugar, and wheat, etc.
- Invented in 1889, Aunt Jemima pancake flour was the first commercially-sold ready-mix food.
- Weighing three tons, the biggest pancake in the world was made in 1994 and had a diameter of about 49 feet.
- An annual pancake race has been taking place every year in the town of Olney, England, since 1445.
- The Vogue was against pancakes in the nineteenth century, saying “pancakes are frankly difficult and not worth eating” but now offer various recipes for these.
Q. How does a panda make his pancakes in the morning?
A. With a pan…duh
Q.Why do Jedi always burn their pancakes?
A. Because they won’t turn over to the dark side.
Q. What do bus drivers put on their morning pancakes?
A. Traffic jam!
Q. Did you know Sean Connery used to save the eggshells from pancake day and paint them to use for egg hunts at Easter?
A. It was an eggshell lent idea!
Q. Why couldn’t the pancake sleep?
A. He kept tossing and turning!
Q. What does a pancake say when it receives a compliment?
A. “Aww, I’m flattered!”
Q. Did you hear about the angry pancake?
A. He just flipped.
- I tried to break the ice at a party with a pancake joke, but it fell flat.
- You’d batter believe it’s Pancake Day today.
- These pancakes are flipping delicious.
- I’m really scared of pancakes; they give me the crêpes.
- To the tune of Michael Jackson: Just beat it, beat it.
- Apparently, the early bird gets the worm. I guess I’ll just sleep in until the pancakes are ready.
Quotes about Pancakes
- I think children are like pancakes. You sort of ruin the first one, and you get better at it the second time around.
- No matter how flat you make your pancakes, it still has two sides.
- It was like the way you wanted sunshine on Saturdays or pancakes for breakfast. They just made you feel good.
Sarah Addison Allen
- Once, in Australia, I ate 33 pancakes in 20 minutes, and I only did it because they said a girl could never enter the competition.
- My absolute favorite meal in Nashville is sweet-potato pancakes at Pancake Pantry.
- What’s my favorite food besides pancakes? I guess it would be flapjacks, followed closely by hotcakes. After that, crepes, but thick crepes. Y’know, like, pancake-thick.
- There are two sides to a pancake. One is brown and fluffy; the other is burnt.
- People are so used to eating terrible pancakes, no matter how you mess up, they’re going to be great. And if you make fresh orange juice, they’ll be over the moon.
- In the D’Acampo family, we have pancakes with banana and chocolate sauce for breakfast every Sunday, no matter what.
- As is always the way with pancakes, the first hotcake to come out of the pan will probably be a bit misshapen. Just scoff it, and carry on with the rest.
- Love is such an arbitrary thing. I love my mom. I love pancakes.
- There is hardship in everything except eating pancakes.
- There was no time for chit-chat when there were chocolate chip pancakes to be eaten.
- Shall I compare thee to a perfectly poured pool of pancake batter on a warm griddle?
- Who, with pancakes, is poor?
- I don’t have to tell you I love you. I fed you pancakes.
- Take your hallowed halls of Congress or the littered floor of the Stock Exchange, America is built on its pancake houses!
- The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves.
W. C. Fields
- Mother’s Day routine is usually a lot of flour, eggs, and a big mess in the kitchen. That’s what it involves in our house—making sure that mom has her pancakes and coffee.
Pancake Captions For Instagram
- No one stacks up to you.
- Pancake Chow Down!
- I regret nothing.
- Flippin’ Delicious!
- Where there is a perfect pancake flip, there is life.
- Pancake obsessed.
- I go where the pancakes are.
- We go together like pancakes and syrup.
- Pancakes don’t make the world go ’round. Pancakes are what makes the ride worthwhile.
- There is no remedy for pancakes but to pancake more.
- Pancakes were meant to be flipped.
- You had me at pancakes.
- Keep calm and eat pancakes.
- I flippin’ love these.
- Catch you on the flip side.
- Good food; good mood.
- I’m going to have pancakes with a side of pancakes.
- We pancaked with a pancake that was more than a pancake.
- Let’s get stacked!
- There’s never a pancake around when you need one.
- The best pancake topping is more pancakes.
Future National Pancake Day Dates
|Year||Date||Day of the Week|
A stack of pancakes sounds awfully good about right now.
You’re on our National Pancake Day page.
You might like: