Inspiring quotes can elevate our moods, provide us motivation when we need it, and provide us a new way to think of things. Check out the collection below and see if some of the words resonate with you.
If you like some of the expressions, find ways to share your favorite inspirational quotes and sayings with others in conversation, social media, and written communication. Inspire yourself, inspire others and dream big!
It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly.
Do not set yourself on fire in order to keep others warm.
Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
It’s better to be a pirate than to join the navy.
Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.
In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends.
John Churton Collins
Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference.
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. If it did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
Adversity is the first path to truth.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Never let yesterday use up too much of today.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
Henry David Thoreau
The end of wisdom is to dream high enough not to lose the dream in the seeking of it.
Success in the affairs of life often serves to hide one’s abilities, whereas adversity frequently gives one an opportunity to discover them.
Be the Best You Can Be
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
True education combines intellect, beauty, goodness, and the greatest of these is goodness.
Adversity is wont to reveal genius, prosperity to hide it.
50 Inspirational Quotes and Sayings
- It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
- In three words I can sum up everything I know about life. It goes on.
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
- To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
- We don’t know one-millionth of one percent about anything.
- Anyone who has never made a mistake
has never tried anything new.
- Our waking hours form the text of our lives, our dreams, the commentary.
- Hope is the dream of the waking man.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There’s no use being a damn fool about it.
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
- You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.Irish proverb
- Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.Steve Jobs
- If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true were really true,there would be little hope of advance.Orville Wright
- Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.Mark Twain
- As a general rule, the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.Benjamin Disraeli
- What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.Helen Keller
- Diligence is the Mother of Good Luck.Benjamin Franklin
- In the republic of mediocrity, genius is dangerous.Robert G. Ingersoll
- If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.Henry David Thoreau
- I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.Wayne Gretzky
- Blessed is he that expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.Benjamin Franklin
- Perfect is the enemy of the good.Voltaire
- Those who lose dreaming are lost.Unknown
- Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.Mahatma Gandhi
- Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.Abraham Lincoln
- No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.Abraham Lincoln
- Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.Abraham Lincoln
- No one has ever achieved anything from the smallest to the greatest unless the dream was dreamed first.Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.Langston Hughes
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.Eleanor Roosevelt
- Not to dream boldly may turn out to be simply irresponsible.George Leonard
- Success is the child of audacity.Benjamin Disraeli
- Man is not the creature of circumstances. Circumstances are the creatures of man.Benjamin Disraeli
- Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer.Marcia Wieder
- Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.St. Francis of Assisi
- Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A wise man adapts himself to circumstances as water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it.Chinese Proverb
- Prosperity is a great teacher; adversity a greater.William Hazlitt
- It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.Theodore Roosevelt
- Half of the failures in life come from pulling one’s horse when he is leaping.Thomas Hood
- I failed my way to success.Thomas Edison
- I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.W.B. Yeats
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.Mahatma Gandhi
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.Henry David Thoreau
- Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.Harriet Tubman
- To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.Unknown
- You can do anything, but not everything.Unknown
- An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.Mahatma Gandhi
Inspirational Quotes Image
If you have suggestions for our collection of inspirational quotes and sayings, please let us know via the contact page. Thank you.
You’re on Inspirational Quotes page.
You might like: