Thank you, veterans! We owe a debt of appreciation to the folks who serve to make our lives safe and comfortable. This article provides thank you message ideas, quotes, and meaningful advice on connecting with vets.
“Armistice Day” was started in 1919 as a way to commemorate the end of World War I. In 1928, Congress passed a resolution to make an annual observance. November 11 became the official date for the observance and a National Holiday in 1938. In 1954, the holiday officially became Veteran’s Day to celebrate the service of all veterans living and dead.
Thanking a veteran for all they do is a way to express our collective gratitude. The sacrifices they make and have made deserve our recognition and thanks. A simple thank you for your service along with a personal connection shows your appreciation.
We have assembled a list of heartfelt messages that you can use as you wish. Maybe you will find an appropriate saying in this list or it might inspire you to create your own.
Thank You Veterans for your Service
- We can’t thank you enough for all of the sacrifices you have made on our behalf. Thank you for your service.
- You have put your life at risk to keep us safe, the very least we can do is to thank you for your service.
- Thank you for your service, my friend. I am proud of you and the duties you performed. I’m doubly proud!
- We have a sacred obligation to honor our veterans and their families for their service and commitment to our country. Thank you for your service.
Military Service Appreciation Certificates
- Thank you for your service, we can never repay all you have done to ensure our ongoing freedom.
- To all of the veterans of our military branches, thank you for your service and everything you do to protect us.
- Our freedom isn’t guaranteed, it is provided to us by the men and women in our armed forces. Thank you all for your service.
- Thanks to all the members of our military, past, and present, living and dead.
- I just wanted you to know how proud I am to have a friend who served our country with honor. Thank you for your service.
- We honor the wounded warriors, the veterans who suffered injuries and lost limbs. We promise to work to help you and thank you for your service.
Thank You for your Service Veterans
- Veterans, thank you for your service. While we can never repay you, we can say thanks from the bottom of our hearts.
- When you wear the uniform, you are my hero. When you take off the uniform, you are a veteran. Thank you for your service veterans.
- Thank you for your service veterans, we will never be able to imagine the things you have done and the sacrifices you’ve made to allow us to remain free.
- It doesn’t seem like a lot, but at least I can say thank you for your service veterans.
- We all owe you a debt we can never fully repay. But we can start by saying thank you for your service veterans.
- You have served us with no regard to the cost and toll it would have on you. That is the measure of true courage. Thank you for your service veterans.
See our November Quotes and Captions.
When is Veterans Day?
November 11 of each year Veterans Day is celebrated. This year, Veterans Day is celebrated on Thursday, November 11, 2020.
Check out the Disabled American Veterans website.
Good Thank You Veterans Messages
We need to thank you, vets, every day because every day you are keeping us free and safe.
Thank you, vets, for everything you do for us and for your service to our country.
We should thank veterans all year long for the vital service they give our country. Tanks Vets!
Your service is truly inspiring, saying Thank You Vets is just a small token of the gratitude that we all feel.
Our soldiers, men, and women have fought nobly since the birth of our country to protect our freedom. The least we can do is say Thank You, Vets.
Spending time with Vets is always inspiring, thank you, Vets, for all you have done and continue to do.
Veterans Day Thank You
- There is over one million active-duty military personnel currently serving our country. Thanks to each and every one of you and Happy Veterans Day.
- A very Happy Veteran’s Day to the women and men who have served and are serving. Thank you for everything!
- To all those who are serving and to those who have given their service, thank you and Happy Veterans Day!
- On Veteran’s Day, we honor those who have built the foundation of our freedom. Thank you for your courage and dedication.
- Even though there is no way we can give you enough thanks for your service. On Veteran’s Day, we must try. Happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service.
- Happy Veterans Day! We owe our freedom to each and every veteran and to those who continue to serve today.
- I’m sure you are getting a lot of Happy Veterans Day messages, but I just wanted to send my personal thanks for your service.
- Happy Veterans Day to my favorite soldier!
- Americans must never forget the sacrifices our fellow countrymen have made to protect our freedom. Thank you, veterans, and Happy Veterans Day!
How Do You Say Thank You To A Veteran
A Cohen Veteran Network poll found that many veterans were uncomfortable with what to say when they were thanked for their service from strangers. One of the reasons: they don’t really know what to say back.
One of the insights from the poll suggested that instead of just saying a simple platitude like, “Thank you for your service,” try to go beyond that and connect with the vet on a personal level. Find out more about the individual. Words can be meaningful, but making a true connection means listening and connecting with veterans.
Thank You Veterans Meme
Veterans Day Quotes
There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism.
Brave me are vertebrates; they have their softness on the surface and their toughness in the middle.
Gilbert K. Chesterton
The soldier above all others prays for peace for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
General Douglas MacArthur
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- The US military is us. There is no truer representation of a country than the people that it sends into the field to fight for it, the people who wear our uniforms and carry our rifles into combat are our kids, and our job is to support them because they are protecting us.
- It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died in battle. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
General George S. Patton
- I offer neither pay, nor quarter, nor food; I offer only hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles, and death. Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me.
- The valor and courage of our young women and men in the Armed Services are a shining example to all the world and we owe then and their families our deepest respect.
How to Use Thank You Veterans Messages and Quotes
These short messages are perfect for sharing via text, email, or Social Media. A quick message to sent to a veteran or person on active duty can brighten their day and make them feel appreciated. It wouldn’t take very much time to write a brief note or mail a card with a message to a veteran.
Other ideas would be making a contribution to a military charity in a veteran’s name, volunteering at a veteran’s organization, or you can even donate your frequent flier miles to charities that provide help to family members that want to visit a wounded warrior.
If you are in a position to do so, you could hire a veteran, or veteran’s spouse, bring in a veteran to speak to your company, or donate supplies to groups that are building or remodeling homes for veterans.
Whenever possible, you can frequent veteran-owned businesses or even add them to your company’s supply chain. All of these are ways to thank veterans for their service and to recognize all they do for us on a daily basis.
We can never say thank you enough to all of our veterans.
By Tim Moodie
Tim Moodie is a Copywriter and Creative Director. He spent many years writing messages for greeting cards, coffee mugs, and T-Shirts for Recycled Paper Products.
You’re on the Thank You Veterans page.
You might like: