Children are often the most influential people in life, precisely what National Child’s Day celebrates. To know how to celebrate the day properly, please read on!
When is National Child’s Day?
National Child’s Day is celebrated on November 20 every year. This year, National Child’s Day falls on Saturday, November 20, 2021.
The frequently asked questions and fun facts for children are worth reading this National Child’s Day!
Who created National Child’s day?
In 1995, Lee Rechter, a retired school counselor, established National Child’s Day to honor children. Later, in 2001, President George W. Bush signed a one-year proclamation to observe the day on June 3. Lee continued her efforts, and the day was proclaimed every year.
This proposed supporting children in all their endeavors right from the beginning. Additionally, it aimed to uphold the belief that children deserve to have the very same opportunities.
Eventually, in 2009, President Obama moved it to November 20, when families surrounded children during school months.
How do I celebrate the day?
You can celebrate the day by holding a party for your kids and their friends. Or, you can have a small family gathering celebrating the efforts and achievement of your children.
You may also donate to orphanages to help children without parents. Finally, you can promote equal opportunities for children online on your social media.
Fun Facts for Children
- Asia is the largest continent by land, with over 4.46 billion people, by population.
- Elephants are the only animal that cannot jump!
- Average temperatures on Venus are over 450ºC.
- Horses and cows sleep standing up.
- Most penguins live in warm climates.
- The largest canyon in the world is the Grand Canyon, located in Arizona. It is 2,600 feet tall and 277 miles long!
- Russia is just two miles from Alaska!
- A shark does not have a single bone in the body.
- There are somewhere between six to ten million species of insects!
- The Andes of South America are the longest mountain range on Earth.
- The Solar System was formed 4.6 billion years ago.
- Dolphins shut just half of their brain when sleeping; the rest keeps it alert against predators and obstacles.
- Hawaiian pizza was invented in Canada.
- The fastest spinning planet in the Solar System is Jupiter.
- Panthers are not a different species of cats; they are simply jaguars or leopards with a black color mutation.
- 75% of the brain is made up of water.
- A person weighing 200 pounds on Earth would weigh 76 on Mars because Mars has lower gravity.
- A person’s heart beats 115,000 times every day.
- Hawaii’s Mauna Loa is the largest active volcano in the globe.
- Apples are part of the rose family.
- The US and Canada shape a 1,583-mile long border, the longest one in the world.
- Proxima Centauri, 4.2 light-years away, is the nearest star to Earth.
- Earth isn’t a perfect sphere and bulges out at the equator because of gravity.
- It requires fifty licks to finish a scoop of ice cream.
- Abraham Lincoln was a licensed bartender and was once declared a wrestling champion.
Jokes for Children
Why can’t Elsa from Frozen have a balloon?
Because she will “let it go, let it go.”
How do you stop an astronaut’s baby from crying?
Why did the kid bring a ladder to school?
Because she wanted to go to high school.
What is a witch’s favorite subject in school?
What is a little bear with no teeth called?
A gummy bear.
Where would you find an elephant?
The same place you lost her.
Why was the baby strawberry crying?
Because her parents were in a jam.
What building in New York has the most stories?
The public library!
What’s an alligator in a vest called?
Why can’t you ever tell a joke around the glass?
It could crack up.
How do we know that the ocean is friendly?
What animal is always at a baseball game?
What did the little corn say to the mama corn?
“Where is popcorn?”
What time is it when the clock strikes 13?
Time to get a new clock.
What’s the best way to throw a birthday party on Mars?
What kind of tree fits in your hand?
A palm tree.
Where do vampires keep their money?
A blood bank.
Why did the toddler toss the butter out the window?
So she could see a butter-fly.
Why did the Daddy rabbit go to the barber?
He had a lot of little hares.
Why did the student eat his homework?
Because the teacher told him it was a piece of cake.
What do you call a dinosaur that is sleeping?
What did one plate say to the other plate?
Dinner is on me.
One-Liners for Kids
If you take care of a chicken, are you a chicken tender?
It was an emotional wedding — even the cake was in tiers.
One bird can’t make a pun. But toucan.
I recently decided to sell my vacuum cleaner as all it was doing was gathering dust.
I just found out I’m colorblind. The diagnosis came completely out of the purple.
I was going to tell a pizza joke, but it was too cheesy.
People say I’m indecisive, but I’m not so sure.
I used to be to do Hokey Pokey too much, but I turned myself around.
I’ve just written a song about tortillas; actually, it’s more of a rap.
Children are a great comfort to us in our old age, and they help us reach it faster.
I always wanted to be a doctor, but I didn’t have patients.
I got kicked out of the secret cooking club after I spilled the beans.
One fish in an aquarium asks the other, “So how do you drive this thing?”
I ate a clock yesterday; it was very time-consuming.
She just needs a shoulder to Crayon.
I tried to have my doctor treat my case of invisibility, but he said he couldn’t see me.
I tried to do my homework, but my pencil broke, so it was pointless.
Quotes About Children
It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.
Children are not things to be molded but are people to be unfolded.
Give me four years to teach the children, and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.
Lady Bird Johnson
Children are human beings to whom respect is due, superior to us by reason of their innocence and of the greater possibilities of their future.
Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.
John F. Kennedy
History will judge us by the difference we make in the everyday lives of children.
We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.
The soul is healed by being with children.
Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven.
Henry Ward Beecher
Children learn to smile from their parents.
Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves.
Children make your life important.
Sayings About Kids
The best way to make children good is to make them happy.
You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
Franklin P. Jones
Children need models rather than critics.
A child enters your home and for the next 20 or so years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. Then the child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad.
John Andrew Holmes
A child is a beam of sunlight from the Infinite and Eternal, with possibilities of virtue and vice, but as yet unstained.
Captions for Instagram
Blessing of God!
You are my sunshine!
You are so perfect to me!
Let them be little!
When in doubt, choose the kids. There will be plenty of time later to choose work.
Children must be taught how to think, not what to think!
Your little feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts.
A baby’s smile is an antidote to taking your day’s stress away!
Each day of our lives, we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
You’re on our National Child’s Day Facts, Jokes, and Quotes page.
You might like: