A “Happy 50th Anniversary Celebration” is quite the occasion. Not many marriages make it to the golden anniversary. It begins and continues to grow with love.
Below are some excellent quotes and wishes to commemorate the festive event. Have a read-through and see if there are a few messages you’d like to use for this milestone.
Ten Best 50th Anniversary Quotes
- Love is something eternal—the aspect may change, but not the essence.
Vincent van Gogh
- An anniversary is a celebration of time passed together, but in truth, your love transcends time.
- You don’t love someone for their looks, their clothes, or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.
- Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family – a domestic church.
Pope John Paul II
- Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.
Barbara De Angelis
- Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.
- A great marriage is not when the perfect couple comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
- We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person.
W. Somerset Maugham
- To love at all is to be vulnerable.
- Life has taught us that love does not consist of gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint Exupery
50th Anniversary Quotes
- I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.
- It started with a simple ring, You became husband and wife. Then you progressed to being parents and you’re still the best friends for life.
- Strike an average between what a woman thinks of her husband a month before she marries him and what she thinks of him a year afterward, and you will have the truth about him.
- Marriage is a matter of more worth than to be dealt in by attorneyship.
- Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant, as the years, multiply.
- In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.
- Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
- Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one.
- Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more.
- True love doesn’t happen right away; it’s an ever-growing process. It develops after you’ve gone through many ups and downs, when you’ve suffered together, cried together, laughed together.
- Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music, and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.
Quotes About Love For 50th
- Love has no age as it is always renewing itself.
- Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.
- The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
- A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
- Nothing is perfect in the world. But you two are very close to the word perfect.
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.
- The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time.
- A happy marriage doesn’t mean you have a perfect spouse or a perfect marriage. It simply means you’ve chosen to look beyond the imperfections in both.
- Looking at your marriage and seeing your boundless love, I believe that marriages are made in heaven.
- You know you are in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
Funny 50th Anniversary Quotes
- Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.
- Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely.
- The difficulty with marriage is that we fall in love with a personality, but must live with a character.
- The fittest time to corrupt a man’s wife is when she has fallen out with her husband.
- I have great hopes that we shall love each other all our lives as much as if we had never married at all.
- Love is a sweet tyranny because the lover endureth his torments willingly.
An English Proverb
- A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.
- Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they did not, they would be married too.
H. L. Mencken
- By all means, marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you will become a philosopher.
- Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterward.
- When a girl marries she exchanges the attention of many men for the inattention of one.
- It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
- An anniversary is a reminder as to why you love and married this person.
Zoe Foster Blake
- Marriage is an alliance entered into by a man who can’t sleep with the window shut, and a woman who can’t sleep with the window open.
George Bernard Shaw
- When someone is murdered, the police investigate the spouse first. That tells you everything you need to know about marriage.
50th Anniversary Wishes Funny
- Dear husband, thanks a lot for being my bank and remember that your client is the sincerest of your lovers. By the way, happy anniversary!
- I heard that a love like the one we have could never last so long. But what did they know? Happy anniversary!
- You know they might just be correct when they say, “The course of true love never did run smooth”. And, sadly, after fifty years of marriage, I have to agree. Nevertheless, it is working to some extent, and, for that, congratulations. Just kidding, Happy Anniversary!
- Dear friend, keep in mind that taking anything in excess is not good for health. However, also know that your wife can never be wrong. May this 50th anniversary bring you new light.
To Husband Or Wife
- Know that the love you have given me is the best thing in the world and the thing dearest to me too. Your love not only makes my days bright but just knowing that you, the most lovable person, are my wife does. Happy anniversary, my love.
- Happy 50th anniversary! Be sure to know that I will never be able to forget the time we spent together.
- I can never stress enough what a blessing you have been in my life and how God continues to bless me with this relationship. Happy anniversary.
- As Helen Keller once said, “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” And that is what happened with you and me; I felt your love.
- I can’t begin to explain how much love and happiness you have brought into my life during these 50 years of marriage. You are my one true love and here is a little anniversary gift for celebrating the fifty years of marriage.
- I never knew how amazing married life can be till I married you and our wedding day was the best day of my life. I hope I can provide you with lots of love, as you have.
- Yet another year for us to form valuable memories together. Yet another year for us to discover new things about one another. And yet another year to strengthen our marriage, one that defines forever.
- My anniversary message to everyone here would be to wait for the right person, as I did because I can assure you that nothing can bring you more happiness than a loving partner. Here is my little gift and an anniversary card to show my appreciation to you for standing by me no matter what. Happy anniversary.
Wishes For Parents
- Happy golden anniversary to the best couple in this whole world. I am extremely happy for you and am looking forward to celebrating the fifty years of happy marriage with you.
- Happy 50th anniversary to my loving parents who inspire me on a daily basis. All my love for you two for all the years to come.
- Happy 50th anniversary to the two of you. May this day of love turn out to be as beautiful as the two of you.
- What an amazing milestone it is to have had 50 years of love. I hope I can follow in your footsteps one day. Wishing a very happy golden wedding anniversary to you, mom and dad.
- My parents have been my biggest treasure and my ultimate love in this life and I am thrilled to be able to spend this moment of your 50th anniversary with you. May you be blessed with many more years together.
- “The heart that loves is always young.” I have seen this to be quite true for my parents and I can’t see anyone happier than them. Happy 50th Anniversary!
- You both are the parents that every kid hopes he had; you both are the couple that every lover hopes he could be, and you are the pillars of support that all families wish they had.
- I remember that young, beautiful, and happy couple that you both were when I was just a kid. You know, loving parents, it has not changed since. You both are just the same: being loved and loving – and that is what is important. Congratulations on your 50th anniversary!
A golden wedding anniversary is a celebration to cherish. Make it special with carefully-selected with words and the right spirit of the occasion!
— Emily Ryan and Mike O’Halloran
Emily is a writer based in Minneapolis and Mike is the founder and editor of Greeting Card Poet.
You’re on our Happy 50th Anniversary Quotes, Messages, Wishes page.
You might like: