Words of wisdom are like nuggets of gold when found at the right time. A little knowledge can go a long way. There is no one thing that can help you get smart. It is life itself and the lessons you learn each day that carry with them knowledge. The words of great men and women may carry a lot of wisdom, but they earned those insights over years or decades of experiences. Some of your most important and life-changing lessons come from the harshest or hardest of experiences. The road to becoming a wise man or woman is marked with many obstacles and pains.
Here are some beautiful and funny words to live by that you can carry in your mind as you move ahead on the winding path of life.
The Best Words of Wisdom
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
- Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak. Sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.
- God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
Quotes to Live By
- God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.
- A proverb is one man’s wit and all men’s wisdom.
Lord John Russell
- A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.
- Work like you don’t need the money. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Dance like nobody’s watching.
- The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.
John C. Maxwell
- Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
- What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.
Being Smart Meme
- The longer the explanation, the bigger the lie.
- Even a fish wouldn’t get into trouble if it kept its mouth shut.
- Chairs were created because someone, somewhere, wanted to solve a big problem: sitting on rocks causes sore bottoms.
- The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.
- If your capacity to acquire has outstripped your capacity to enjoy, you are on the way to the scrap-heap.
- Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
- Do you know what a pessimist is? A man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself and hates them for it.
George Bernard Shaw
- The only time I don’t have any problems in this world is when I am already six feet below the ground.
- The trouble with the rat-race is that, even if you win, you’re still a rat.
Quote of the Day
Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- Humor oils the wheels of life and helps to keep it running smoothly.
- Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.
- A proverb is a short sentence based on long experience.
- People only see what they are prepared to see. If you look for what is good and what you can be grateful for you will find it everywhere.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
- In bad things be slow; in good things be fast.
- He who flees at the right time can fight again.
Marcus Trentius Varro
Life is What You Make it Meme
What does the word “wisdom” mean?
Dictionaries define wisdom as accumulated philosophical or scientific learning, or good sense. It’s the accumulation of knowledge.
Wisdom synonym include: sense, judgement, common sense, sagacity, judgement, knowledge, being wise, shrewdness and intelligence.
Common Sense and Intelligence
- He that respects himself is safe from others.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Trouble shared is trouble halved.
- Speak when you are angry, and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Lawrence J. Peter
- Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.
Life Love and Experience
- It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
- Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.
- Life is short. Eat dessert first.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter.
Fred Propp Jr.
- A lifetime of happiness! No man alive could bear it; it would be hell on earth.
George Bernard Shaw
- A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them.
- Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
- To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.
- Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
- We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
George Bernard Shaw
- My father used to say, You would worry less about what people think if you knew how little they did.
Dr. Phil McGraw
- The only disability in life is a bad attitude.
- Life is a journey, not a destination.
- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
- You have to have a darkness for the dawn to come.
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
- It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.
- God gave us mouths that close and ears that don’t– that should tell us something.
- There are three constants in life…change, choice and principles.
- One head cannot hold all wisdom.
- A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
- Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have.
Word to the Wise
- Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
- Life is what you make it.
- That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.
- Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.
- Nothing is impossible to the willing mind.
Books of the Han Dynasty
- Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
John F. Kennedy
- Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day.
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
- In the eyes of a child you will see…the world as it should be.
If you have any recommendations for our pages, please let us know via the Contact page. Thank you o’ wise one.
You’re on Words of Wisdom – page 1 of 2
1 – You’re Here!
You might like: