Everyone loves to laugh, so why not devote an entire day to it? And that day is March 19. National Let’s Laugh Day is a celebration of laughter and all the joy it brings.
For health reasons, you should really laugh every day. But having a day dedicated to chuckling and chortling seems like a really good idea. To paraphrase, ‘a laugh a day keeps the doctor away.’
When is National Let’s Laugh Day?
National Let’s Laugh Day is celebrated every year on March 19. This year, National Let’s Laugh Day falls on Friday, March 19, 2021.
Here are some frequently asked questions about National Let’s Laugh Day.
How do I celebrate National Let’s Laugh Day?
Here are some ways to observe the day:
- Throw your own “open mic” night. Invite your friends over and have them each does a three-minute stand-up routine. Award a prize for the best set.
- Do a Comedy Special viewing marathon.
- Listen to some Comedy CDs.
- Have a dinner party and include the best joke contest. Your guests each tell their best joke, and the winner gets a practical joe device. Like a squirting flower, ring buzzer, or whoopie cushion.
- Invite your friends to a cocktail party and have them dress funny. The funniest outfit wins an audience laugh machine ($8.99 and up on the internet).
Who created National Let’s Laugh Day?
No one knows who started National Let’s Laugh Day. And no one knows when it started. What we do know is the day was designed to make you feel better and to bring a smile to your face. Chances are it was started by a stand-up comedian who was down on his luck.
Is Laughing Good for you?
Here are some ways that laughing is good for your health:
- Laughing causes you to tighten the muscles in your abdomen. So, if you laugh a lot, you could get a six-pack.
- It improves your overall sense of well-being. It gives you a positive outlook and keeps you from dwelling on the negative. Smiling and laughing can help you live a long life.
- Laughter reduces your stress hormone levels and lowers your anxiety. Stress and anxiety are hard on your body and can lead to injuries or illness. Reducing your stress hormones is a great benefit of laughter.
- A good hearty laugh increases your level of endorphins. This can ease chronic pain and lower tension.
Benefits of Laughing
Believe it or not, laughing a lot is a great cardio workout. It gets your heart pumping and can burn as many calories as walking. Who knew that the simple act of laughing could help you get in better shape?
Your body uses T-cells to fight illness, and laughing increases your T-Cell count. Chuckling and Giggling can be an important part of overcoming an illness. So, laugh it up; it will make you feel better.
It lowers your blood pressure. Laughing at a comic, movie, comedian, or television show can significantly lower your blood pressure. This also reduces your risk of a heart attack or stroke.
A new practice called ‘Laughter Yoga’ was started specifically to promote the health benefits of laughing. In the class, participants laugh and cause other members to laugh. The camaraderie and socializing help calm the class and can even help people with dementia.
Does laughing cause wrinkles?
The short answer is smiling and laughing do cause wrinkles. But so do talking, yelling, and frowning. Anything that causes the facial muscles to move creates a line or groove in the face, Hence the term ‘laugh lines.’ I don’t know about you, but I would rather have laugh lines than frown lines.
Good Jokes to make you laugh
- A strip of bacon and two sunny sides up eggs stroll into a bar.
The bartender looks up and says, ‘Sorry, we don’t serve breakfast.’
- What is black, white, and read all over?
- One shark said to another shark, I just ate a fish that tastes funny.
The second shark says you must have eaten a clownfish.
- I once had a dog that ate my scrabble tiles.
He kept leaving messages around the house.
- If talk is so cheap, why do lawyers charge so much?
- What contest always ends in a draw?
A contest between two artists.
- It is true, Mario Andretti had a fear of speed bumps.
But he slowly got over it.
- A stick is just a boomerang that will not come back.
- Have you ever seen a nervous skeleton?
No, because nothing gets under their skin.
- My girlfriend and I are so competitive we laugh about it.
Actually, I laugh more.
Funny Joke Meme
Good Puns for National Let’s Laugh Day
- It is hard to explain a pun to a kleptomaniac; they always take things literally.
- How can you keep a bagel from running away? Put lox on it.
- What exercise program fits a lazy person? Diddly squats.
- How do you get a receding hare line? Have a bunch of rabbits jump backward.
- What is an impasta? A fake noodle.
- A frog’s car got toad, so he had to take the bus.
- One poet runs into another poet and says, ‘hey, haven’t we metaphor?’
- Did you hear about the pampered cow? She gave spoiled milk.
- Bees always have sticky hair because they use honeycombs.
If we couldn’t laugh, we would all go insane.
With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from a human face.
There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.
Sayings to make you laugh
Laughter is the closest distance between two people.
The person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed.
Laughter is an instant vacation.
I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
Laughter heals all wounds, and that’s one thing everybody shares. No matter what you are going through, it makes you forget about your problems. I think the world should keep laughing.
Laugh Captions for Instagram
- Who is funnier, me or you?
- Turn your head and laugh.
- Funny, you look familiar.
- Do you have any Grey Poupon?
- Test, test. Is this mic on?
- Create your own sunshine.
- Laughter is an instant vacation.
- Haha, now that’s funny!
- I laughed so hard my teeth fell out.
- Do you think I am funny?
- Laughter is the sound of the soul dancing.
- Laughing… the best therapy.
- Being funny never goes out of style.
- Life is better when you laugh.
- He who laughs last laughs best.
- The hardest thing I ever tried was being boring.
- Confidence level: Kanye West!
- Messy bun and getting stuff done!
- Getting people to laugh is hard.
- The fun meter is on high!
- Is it just me, or does something smell funny?
Use these hashtags when you are posting pictures or sending tweets:
By Tim Moodie
Tim performed stand-up only once. He did all right but had no desire to get back on stage.
You’re on our National Let’s Laugh Day – March 19 page.
You might like: