These jealousy quotes will help you deal with the sharp pangs of feeling jealous. Everyone has had that feeling when you wish you had something that a friend or family member has and you don’t. Recognizing the feeling of envy is the first step. These insights from authors, poets and notables will help you handle yourself.
Quotes about Jealousy
- Jealousy is the jaundice of the soul.
- The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch.
- The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
- Our envy of others devours us most of all.
- You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.
- Men are so constituted that every one undertakes what he sees another successful in, whether he has aptitude for it or not.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
Funny Jealousy Quotes
- Plain women are always jealous of their husbands. Beautiful women never are. They are always so occupied with being jealous of other women’s husbands.
- I love when people stare me down. It’s like they have nothing better to do, but it makes me feel better and I look that damn good.
- I’ve never been jealous. Not even when my dad finished the fifth grade a year before I did.
- To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.
- If you are going to make a rumor about me, at least, make a new one that I have never heard of before.
- My wife’s jealousy is getting ridiculous. The other day she looked at my calendar and wanted to know who May was.
- I love my silly haters because they don’t know how to shut up.
- More men die of jealousy than of cancer.
Joseph P. Kennedy
- Thank you, my haters, you make me gorgeous, awesome, successful and happy at the same time.
- The venom clamors of a jealous woman poison more deadly than a mad dog’s tooth.
- If bitterness wants to get into the act, I offer it a cookie or a gumdrop.
Green With Envy
- Many times, you are the single most significant and glorious thing that has ever happened in the lives of some people; they sit around and talk about you over and over again throughout the years while you are out there living your life, every step that you take and every kiss that you make having absolutely nothing to do with them, at all.
C. JoyBell C.
- The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.
- Jealousy is indeed a poor medium to secure love, but it is a secure medium to destroy one’s self-respect.
- You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you ought to have yourself.
- Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.
Francois de la Rochefoucauld
- Be warned: A person content to sit with you and criticize others will speak critically of you out of earshot.
Richelle E. Goodrich
- When haters hate, I celebrate.
- You are jealous because you are unaware that everything you need is inside you.
- Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.
J. K. Rowling
- Jealousy is never satisfied with anything short of an omniscience that would detect the subtlest fold of the heart.
- Don’t be too fast to highlight the weaknesses of other people. That is the quickest way of exposing your own weaknesses.
- A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity.
Robert A. Heinlein
- The envious man grows lean at the success of his neighbor.
If you have any suggestions for our jealousy quotes page, please let us know via the contact page.
Jealous In Relationships
- Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretence of keeping it alive.
- Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition.
Robert A. Heinlein
- Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.
- Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
- Love has the power to confront any crises in a relationship. But we shouldn’t overdo it by giving in to extreme suspicion and jealousy.
- Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening.
- I plan to keep what belongs to me. That may sound selfish, but so what. I know when I have something good and that good is you. You’re mine. All mine. And I’m keeping you. Always.
- Bitterness imprisons life; love releases it. Bitterness paralyzes life; love empowers it. Bitterness sours life; love sweetens it. Bitterness sickens life; love heals it. Bitterness blinds life; love anoints its eyes.
Harry Emerson Fosdick
- Love shouldn’t be about jealousy or anything like that. It should be about commitment and being able to trust that person.
- In jealousy, there is more of self-love than love.
François de La Rochefoucauld
- There is no greater glory than love, nor any greater punishment than jealousy.
Lope de Vega
Jealousy quotes synonyms: envy, spite, resentfulness, resentment and insecurity.
- The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause.
- Envy is like a fly that passes all the body’s sounder parts, and dwells upon the sores.
- The truest mark of being born with great qualities, is being born without envy.
François de La Rochefoucauld
- It is never wise to seek or wish for another’s misfortune. If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang.
- Envy is ever joined with the comparing of a man’s self; and where there is no comparison, no envy.
- Never trust anyone who wants what you’ve got. Friend or no, envy is an overwhelming emotion.
- The envious will die, but envy never.
- Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own.
- Enemies are always born in your bloodlines. When in doubt always turn your head into your bloodlines. You will definitely find a solution to your problem.
- When the root is bitterness, imagine what the fruit might be.
- Envy is thin because it bites but never eats.
- Never waste your time with negative haters. The best way to handle that type of person is smiling. It annoys them more and makes you a winner.
- Envy is the coward side of Hate, And all her ways are bleak and desolate.
You’re on Jealousy Quotes.
You might like: