These giving and fundraising quotes remind us all of the importance of charitable acts. Giving gives you back more than you imagine. In fact, the greatest of minds think that we are born to give and not just to receive. For many, there is no other sensation that comes close to the gratification that comes from giving.
Charity is great for the giver in many ways. It is beneficial for your consciousness and makes you feel better. It also makes you feel that you are a contributor to the universe around you. In other words, you feel like being able to make a difference.
Whether you a fundraiser or contributor, inspiration is one of the most important keys for taking that first step in charity. Here are some famous giving and fundraising quotes from some people who have made a difference on this planet in different ways.
Charity, Fundraising & Giving Quotes
- Charity sees the need, not the cause.
- The small charity that comes from the heart is better than the great charity that comes from the head.
- Wealth is not to feed our egos, but to feed the hungry and to help people help themselves.
- Charity begins at home, but should not end there.
- May your charity increase as much as your wealth
- It is a denial of justice not to stretch out a helping hand to the fallen that is the common right of humanity.
Seneca the Elder
- With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us finish the work; we are in.
- There can be no Christianity where there is no charity.
Charles Caleb Colton
- The charitable give out the door and God puts it back through the window.
- No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
You might like Quotes About Volunteering and Serving Others.
Sharing is Caring
- Charity never humiliated him who profited from it, nor ever bound him by the chains of gratitude, since it was not to him but to God that the gift was made.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- The highest use of capital is not to make more money but to make money do more for the betterment of life.
- Charity But how shall we expect charity towards others, when we are uncharitable to ourselves? Charity begins at home, is the voice of the world; yet is every man his greatest enemy, and, as it were, his own executioner.
Sir Thomas Browne
- I realized that my money would do vastly more good for others than it could for me and decided to make a commitment to donating to the most effective charities I could find.
- It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
Mother Teresa – More Mother Teresa quotes
- Until we can receive with an open heart, we’re never really giving with an open heart. When we attach judgment to receiving help, we knowingly or unknowingly attach judgment to giving help.
- Giving is the master key to success, in all applications of human life.
- Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.
Roy T. Bennett
- You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
- You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.
- The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi
Have a Heart Quotes
- You give to yourself by giving of yourself.
- The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own.
- No one has ever become poor by giving.
- Give cheerfully and freely. It is the energy behind the giving that matters so do not give grudgingly. The law of cause and effect guarantees that you shall receive plenty for what you give.
David Cameron Gikandi
- The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.
- The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.
- When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.
- You cannot afford to leave out giving in your life plan. You cannot afford to leave it to chance occurrence.
David Cameron Gikandi
- You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself.
Short Fundraising Quotes
- I don’t think you ever stop giving – I really don’t. I think it’s an on-going process. And it’s not just about being able to write a check. It’s being able to touch somebody’s life.
- Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege.
John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- Most giving is 80% emotion and 20 % rational. And the best way to get to someone’s emotions is to tell a story.
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
- In good times and bad, we know that people give because you meet needs, not because you have needs.
Kay Sprinkel Grace
- Donors don’t give to institutions. They invest in ideas and people in whom they believe.
- If there be any truer measure of a man than by what he does, it must be by what he gives.
Inspiring Fundraising Quotes
- Fundraising is the gentle art of teaching the joy of giving.
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
- Fundraisers are the catalysts of change.
- The secret to fundraising comes down to three magic words: before, more, and strategic.
- The most important thing is not to let fundraising get you down. Startups live or die on morale. If you let the difficulty of raising money to destroy your morale, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- When it comes to fundraising for a social enterprise, if you are pursuing your true passion, you’ll learn to become great at your craft because you’ll care so much about perfecting the skills necessary to make that dream a reality.
- Stewardship at its best engages donors with the impact and outcomes of their investments of time, wisdom, expertise, connections, and money.
- Fundraisers should use pride, not apology when asking for a gift for a charity that is doing good work.
Better to Give Sayings
- Fundraising opportunities will continue to exist throughout the next century. Those opportunities will equal or exceed all current experience or presently held future expectations.
Edgar D. Powell
- Neither liberal nor conservative politicians can resist the temptation to stand as mighty sequoias of rectitude amid the lowly underbrush of fundraising.
P. J. O’Rourke
- We don’t work in the non-profit sector. We work in the for-change sector!
- Fundraising requires both optimism and realism. Without the first, few if any gift solicitation efforts would be made. Without the second, few if any would succeed.
Howard L. Jones
- Fundraising is not an event; it is a process.
Edgar D. Powell
- Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
- The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We should never forget that no Fundraising effort ever succeeds unless one person asks another person for money.
Andrew D. Parker Jr.
Giving And Fundraising Quotes
- The only thing that matters a damn is the donor experience.
- Fundraising is not a right — it is a privilege and we must always honor it as such.
Henry A. Rosso
- Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves.
- You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.
- Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.
- When we recognize that a better word for Fundraising is friend-raising, we open limitless doors to creativity in support of our causes.
- There are two ‘i’s’ in Fundraising – they should stand for inspiration and innovation, not imitation and irritation.
- Help others without any reason and give without the expectation of receiving anything in return.
Roy T. Bennett
These sayings can be great motivators for volunteers, donors, and staff in a fundraising campaign. Include them in kick-off materials, emails, texts, letters, and cards as a way of motivating and inspiring your fundraising team.
- The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation.
Corrie Ten Boom
- My happiness comes from the donation of my life in many ways for the current and for future generations.
- What a privilege to be here on the planet to contribute your unique donation to humankind. Each face in the rainbow of colors that populate our world is precious and special.
- Good people are like candles – they burn themselves up to give light to others.
- If one only donates what is not of want, one will always have what is not of need.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- If you want your checkbook to follow your heart, make a donation to those doing work you support.
- Life isn’t just about the duration you spend, but by the donation of impact you can pass out before you eventually pass-out.
- It does not matter how much we donate; it matters whether the donation is meaningful. How to define meaningful? Let society and history judge.
- Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Mark Twain – More Mark Twain quotes
- I wanted to be sure that my donation did two things: went directly into the hands of hurricane victims and that it was an amount that could really impact their lives and make a difference.
— Mike O’Halloran
Mike is an author and founder of Greeting Card Poet.
You might also like these collections