Check out these winter quotes and sayings that capture the essence of a cold winter.
Winter Quotes To Warm Your Heart
There’s nothing as beautiful and serene as the countryside covered in snow. Spring, Summer and Fall are cherished for their peculiarities. Winter is loved by many as well. Not only is it the harbinger of the holiday season and Christmas, it brings back memories that remain with you throughout your life. Even the harshest of winter days have a fresh feel to it – a sensation that takes you to a distant land far away – like something that dawned into this world from your dreams!
Many hate it, many love it, but winter always ignites a kind of fervor in every soul. Enjoys this cold sayings and cozy up to the fireplace with some hot chocolate.
Quotes about Winter
- I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.
- How many lessons of faith and beauty we should lose, if there were no winter in our year!
Thomas Wentworth Higginson
- Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do – or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so.
- I write probably 80 percent of my stuff over the winter.
- Thank goodness for the first snow, it was a reminder–no matter how old you became and how much you’d seen, things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.
- It is the life of the crystal, the architect of the flake, the fire of the frost, the soul of the sunbeam. This crisp winter air is full of it.
- I prefer winter and Fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape–the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show.
- In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.
Famous Winter Quotes
Winter of Our Discontent Quote
Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this son of York.
Albert Camus Quotes Winter
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger — something better, pushing right back.
Robert Frost Winter Quote
You can’t get too much winter in winter.
(Note: With his surname, every list of winter quotes must include one by Robert Frost.)
Funny Winter Quotes
- A man says a lot of things in summer he doesn’t mean in winter.
- It’s never too cold for ice cream.
- To shorten winter, borrow some money due in spring.
W. J. Vogel
- I was just thinking, if it is really religion with these nudist colonies, they sure must turn atheists in the wintertime.
- Winter either bites with its teeth or lashes with its tail.
- The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.
- My standards are dropping as quickly as the temperature.
- I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood.
- I’m staying in shape this winter by wearing enough layers to be constantly sweating.
- Every mile is two in winter.
- Never take a job where winter winds can blow up your pants.
- The first snow does not mean winter, nor the first love marriage.
- There are only two seasons – winter and baseball.
- Winter is not a season, it’s an occupation.
- Blow ye winds, like the trumpet blows, but without that noise.
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
There is nothing in the world more beautiful than the forest clothed to its very hollows in snow. It is the still ecstasy of nature, wherein every spray, every blade of grass, every spire of reed, every intricacy of twig, is clad with radiance.
If the October days were a cordial like the sub-acids of fruit, these are a tonic like the wine of iron. Drink deep or be careful how you taste this December vintage. The first sip may chill, but a full draught warms and invigorates.
Spring, summer, and fall fill us with hope; winter alone reminds us of the human condition.
Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.
He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder and admiration in winter…. In winter the stars seem to have rekindled their fires, the moon achieves a fuller triumph, and the heavens wear a look of a more exalted simplicity.
Blow, blow, thou winter wind Thou art not so unkind, As man’s ingratitude.
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour.
Winter Solstice Quote
The winter solstice has always been special to me as a barren darkness that gives birth to a verdant future beyond imagination, a time of pain and withdrawal that produces something joyfully inconceivable, like a monarch butterfly masterfully extracting itself from the confines of its cocoon, bursting forth into unexpected glory.
The Winter Solstice is the time of ending and beginning, a powerful time — a time to contemplate your immortality. A time to forgive, to be forgiven, and to make a fresh start. A time to awaken.
As it somehow always manages before the winter solstice, but never after, the early darkness was cheerful and promising, even for those who had nothing.
The Christians stole the winter solstice from the pagans, and capitalism stole it from the Christians.
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
Now, near the Winter Solstice, it is good to light candles. All the nice meanings of bringing light to the world can be beautiful. But perhaps we are concentrating on lighting the world because we don’t know how to light up our own lives.
I celebrate the spirit of Christmas. It’s the winter solstice celebration, rebirth and new possibilities.
Cute Winter Quotes
I love the scents of winter! For me, it’s all about the feeling you get when you smell pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, gingerbread and spruce.
What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.
While I relish our warm months, winter forms our character and brings out our best.
Snowflakes are like kisses down from heaven.
The color of springtime is in the flowers, the color of winter is in the imagination.
Ward Elliot Hour
Then comes Winter, with bluster and snow,
That brings to our cheeks the ruddy glow…
Gertrude Tooley Buckingham
The life of man is a winter away.
O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?
Percy Bysshe Shelley
My old grandmother always used to say, Summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.
George R.R. Martin
One must maintain a little bittle of summer, even in the middle of winter.
Henry David Thoreau
Spring passes and one remembers one’s innocence. Summer passes and one remembers one’s exuberance. Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence. Winter passes and one remembers one’s perseverance.
Love winter when the plant says nothing.
What a severe yet master artist old Winter is — No longer the canvas and the pigments, but the marble and the chisel.
I Hate Winter Quotes
Nothing burns like the cold.
George R.R. Martin
A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.
I’m from Sweden so I don’t enjoy winter at all; there’s nothing cute about it.
I miss hating the sweltering summer heat!
Are the days of winter sunshine just as sad for you, too? When it is misty, in the evenings, and I am out walking by myself, it seems to me that the rain is falling through my heart and causing it to crumble into ruins.
Shut the door not that it lets in the cold but that it lets out the coziness.
Dear Winter, I’m breaking up with you.
I think it’s time I start seeing other seasons.
Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.
This weather is almost colder than my heart.
Cold! If the thermometer had been an inch longer we’d have frozen to death.
In a very cold night, even houses want to have houses of their own to enter inside them and feel warm!
Mehmet Murat ildan
The cold cut like a many bladed knife.
Dear Mother Nature, get back on your meds, pop open a bottle of wine, and start thinking warm, happy thoughts.
You’re on Winter Quotes.
You might like: