National Beer Day, every April 7, celebrates many folks’ love affair with the drink. The invention of beer goes way back to 3500 BC. More recently, beer is so popular that there’s been a growing trend for folks to homebrew it.
Among the enthusiasts for the beverage was none other than Benjamin Franklin who wrote, “God made beer because he loves us and wants us to be happy.” Who are we to disagree with Ben?
When is National Beer Day?
National Beer Day is celebrated on April 7 each year. For this year, the National Beer Day falls on Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about this day of celebration.
Why Is National Beer Day Celebrated When It Is?
This day is meant to celebrate the Cullen-Harrison Act which was enacted after being signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933.
Is National Beer Day The Biggest Drinking Day?
As surprising as it may be, no, this is not the day that most alcohol is consumed in America. That day, in fact, is the one before Thanksgiving, also known as the Blackout Wednesday.
When and Where Was Beer Invented?
Like a lot of other alcoholic beverages, Beer was also invented in China, in somewhere around 3,500 BC.
What is the most popular beer In America?
Having sales of over 5.2 Billion Dollars in 2018, Bud Light is the best-selling beer in America.
What Is The Best Beer To Drink On A Diet?
Being among the beers with the least calories, the Michelob Ultra Pure Gold is often considered to be the best beer for people following a weight loss diet.
What are the various types of beer?
Here are just some of the beer types:
- India Pale Ale
- Pale Ale
- Brown Ale
- American Lager
- Irish Red Ale
- (And, many others).
Styles of Beer Video
How Do I Celebrate The National Beer Day?
There are many different ways to celebrate this day. For instance, you can simply go out there and buy a six-pack to enjoy with your friends or family.
Similarly, you can visit a bar or, to make it even interesting, you can create a beer-brewing challenge with them to check who is the most creative and able. If you want to do
- In order to reduce the drunkenness of the people, and to raise funds for the war against Romans, Egypt became the first civilization to tax beer.
- According to research, over 42% of Americans consider beer as their favorite alcoholic beverage.
- In 2017, the US Government collected over 3.6 Billion Dollars from taxes on domestic and imported beer.
- In the US, around 41% of the retail price of beer is eaten up by taxes, distribution, and sales.
- An excise tax was also imposed on beer by President Lincoln to pay for the Civil War.
- Employing over 2.23 million Americans, the beer industry provided over 103 billion dollars in wages and benefits.
- In 1991, a bill by President George H.W. Bush nearly doubled the taxes on beer.
- The cheapest state to buy beer tax-wise is Wyoming, with a tax of 0.2 Dollars per gallon, while Tennessee, the most expensive one taxed 1.29 Dollars per gallon.
- You shouldn’t drink beer every day.
That’s why I only drink it at night.
- A skeleton walks into a bar and orders a beer and a mop.
- Beer is never the answer.
Beer is the question, and “Yes” is the answer.
- Never look at your beer as half empty.
Look at it as halfway to your next beer.
- Technically speaking, beer is a solution.
- They say you can’t find happiness at the bottom of a beer.
No kidding, who’s happy when their beer is over?
- Beer is just like the sun’s journey;
It rises in the yeast, and sets in the waist.
- Beer doesn’t make you fat, it makes you lean…
Against walls, tables, and chairs.
- A neutron walks into a bar and asks, “how much for a beer?”
The bartender replies, “for you? No charge!”
- A ham sandwich walks into a bar, and orders a beer.
The bartender says, ¨Sorry, we don’t serve food here.”
- Teacher: Your son was caught drinking a beer.
Me: Did he say where he got it?
Teacher: Yes, his best friend.
Me: [tearing up] He really said that?
- Why do they never serve beer at a math party?
Because you can’t drink and derive.
- What is the definition of a balanced diet?
A beer in each hand.
- Why do we love beer?
Because you can’t drink bacon.
- What do you never say to a policeman?
“Sure let me grab my license. Can you hold my beer?”
- What is an orphan’s favorite beer?
- Why should you bring rabbits when making beer?
They’ll provide you the hops.
- How does a man show that he is planning for the future?
He buys two cases of beer.
- What’s a vampire’s favorite beer?
- What did the bottle write on the postcard?
Wish you were beer!
- How did Moses make beer?
- What did the beer sing on the beach?
“Don’t worry. Be hoppy.”
- How does a geometry teacher drink beer?
From pint A to point B.
Best Beer Quotes
- A meal of bread, cheese, and beer constitute the perfect food.
- Beer… a high and mighty liquor.
- Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
- I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.
- Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
- Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer.
- Everybody needs to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another beer.
- Beer, if drunk in moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
- 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
- Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
- There is no such thing as a bad beer. It’s that some taste better than others.
Sayings about Beer
- I’ve only been in love with a beer bottle and a mirror.
- Beer’s intellectual. What a shame so many idiots drink it.
- Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
- Prohibition makes you want to cry into your beer and denies you the beer to cry into.
- I’m gaining weight the right way: I’m drinking beer.
- Wish you were beer.
- I make beer disappear. What is your superpower?
- Bottoms up!
- I like crafts.
- Love is ale we need.
- Eternal Hoptomist!
- Each new ale I try is un-beer-lievable.
- Drink triple, see double, act single.
- Without you, life would be unBEERable.
- Never chase anything but drinks and dreams.
- Take a pitcher, it lasts longer.
- Beer Mode: ON.
- I have to think that beer thinks about me, too.
- Everything just tastes better when we’re together.
- Twinkle, twinkle, little star, point me to the nearest bar.
- A pitcher-perfect moment.
- Buy this man a beer!
- Hold my beer…
- I run because I like to drink beer.
- Step aside coffee! This is a job for beer!
- Feelin’ hoppy about this situation.
- Save water; drink beer.
- In dog beers, I’ve only had one.
- Two beer or not two beer (Shakesbeer quote)
- I NEED A HUGe glass of beer.
- Abs are cool and all but… have you tried a craft beer?
- Anyone can drink beer, but it takes intelligence to enjoy beer.
- Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. When life’s a bitch, beer’s a must.
- Beer is the answer, but I don’t remember the question.
National Beer Day Hashtags
Future National Beer Day Dates
|Year||Date||Day of the Week|
Enjoy National Beer Day. Always drink responsibly.
You’re on our National Beer Day page.
You might like: