Happy Easter messages, memes, and quotes collection for your friends and family to make it easier for you to express yourself.
This religious holiday is frequently celebrated with Easter cards, candies, dinner out, or a feast at home. To help express yourself to friends and family, we’ve put together lists of messages, wishes, greetings, quotes, poems, images, and memes as a resource for you. So, have a hoppin’ good time reviewing the lists below.
Best Happy Easter Messages
- Cute as a Bunny.
- Have an Eggstra Special Time.
- The thrill of the hunt.
- Have a Hoppin’ Good Time.
- A Basket Full of Blessings.
- That’s a great dye job.
- That bunny is all ears.
- For Peeps Sake!
Funny Easter Greetings
- Follow the bunny, he has the chocolate!
- Some bunny thinks you’re amazing.
- May your day be filled with solid chocolate bunnies, not those cheapo hollow ones.
- Give me your jelly beans and no one gets hurt.
- Shake your cottontail.
- Keep calm and hop on.
- How’s the diet going.
Not good. I had eggs for breakfast.
- Will trade sister for eggs.
- Somebunny needs a glass of wine pronto.
- The time to put all your eggs in one basket.
- Everybunny needs some bunny sometimes.
- Q: What do you get when you pour boiling hot water down a bunny hole?
A: A hot cross bunny.
- The bunny is my homeboy.
- Loving Easter Greetings.
- Have a wonderful and blessed day.
- May the miracle of the season bring you renewed faith, joy and happiness.
- Hi Honey Bunny!
- Happy holidays from our house to yours.
- May the spirit of the Resurrection fill your home with blessings.
- Hippity Hoppity Happy Easter Day!
Check out Inspirational Easter Greetings.
Religious Easter Sayings
- May the spirit of Easter renew your hearts.
- Jesus restores my soul.
- It’s the time to rejoice and be grateful for all the blessings bestowed on us.
- Wishing you peace, love, and happiness at Easter and always.
- May this Day be a joyful one for you.
- Bunny Kisses and Easter Basket Wishes.
- You’re Somebunny Special!
- Sending you joyful hugs for a wonderful Day.
- You Crack Me Up.
- May the promise of Easter fill you with faith, joy, and love.
- May your season be filled with faith, hope, and chocolate.
- Hanging with my Peeps.
- Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.
- Egg-stra Ordinary!
- One cute chick!
- I’m so egg-cited!
- Hip Hop Hurray!
- May your basket be as full as your heart is with blessings.
- Do more of what makes you Hoppy!
- Scrambling for Eggs.
Sayings For Easter
- I’m a funny, little bunny, sitting on a stump. I flap my floppy little ears and then I jump, jump, jump!
- Hoppin’ Good Time.
- Believe in the Bunny.
- Here comes Peter Cottontail.
- Hip Hop Hurray, Easter’s on its way.
- Christ our Lord is Risen Today.
- Celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord.
Tip: Spring and Easter go hand-in-hand. Your decor Easter might include small communications that include these messages.
When is Easter?
This year, it is celebrated on Sunday, April 1, 2018. It is known as a “moveable feast” as there is no fixed date on the annual calendar for it. It is traditionally celebrated on the first full moon that occurs on or the soonest to March 21.
The week preceding the holiday is known as “Holy Week.” The 40 day period prior to the celebration (not counting Sundays) is referred to as Lent. It’s a time of fasting and prayer for those who recognize it.
Why are there Easter Eggs?
Eggs are an age-old symbol of rebirth and life. In Mesopotamia, Christians took eggs and stained them red to symbolize the blood of Christ. The egg became a symbol of Jesus’s tomb. Having children dye eggs (chickens) and decorate them is a tradition for many families.
The Easter Bunny
Much like Santa Claus for Christmas, the Easter Bunny is a legendary character that delivers – frequently hiding – baskets full of candy and goodies. In the U.S. the President traditionally holds the Easter Egg Roll on the White House’s lawn.
Easter by Joyce Kilmer
The air is like a butterfly
With frail blue wings.
The happy earth looks at the sky
Easter Day by Oscar Wilde
The silver trumpets rang across the Dome:
The people knelt upon the ground with awe:
And borne upon the necks of men I saw,
Like some great God, the Holy Lord of Rome.
Priest-like, he wore a robe more white than foam,
And, king-like, swathed himself in royal red,
Three crowns of gold rose high upon his head:
In splendour and in light the Pope passed home.
My heart stole back across wide wastes of years
To One who wandered by a lonely sea,
And sought in vain for any place of rest:
‘Foxes have holes, and every bird its nest.
I, only I, must wander wearily,
And bruise my feet, and drink wine salt with tears.’
Easter Wings by George Herbert
Lord, who createdst man in wealth and store,
Though foolishly he lost the same,
Decaying more and more,
Till he became
O let me rise
As larks, harmoniously,
And sing this day thy victories:
Then shall the fall further the flight in me.
My tender age in sorrow did begin:
And still with sicknesses and shame
Thou didst so punish sin,
That I became
Let me combine
And feel this day thy victory:
For, if I imp my wing on thine,
Affliction shall advance the flight in me.
Easter Wishes In Spanish
Happy Easter! = Felices Pascuas!
May your Easter hold peace, joy and love. = Que su Pascua tenga paz, alegría y amor.
Memes and Pictures
Happy Easter Quotes
- The greatest gift of Easter is hope.
- Earth’s saddest day and gladdest day were just three days apart.
- Faith makes all things possible. Love makes all things easy.cl
Dwight L. Moody
- He is not here, He has risen.
- The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise.
- God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.
- Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.
- A late Easter, a long, cold spring.
- We live and die; Christ died and lived!
Religious Easter Quotations
- God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.’
Pope John Paul II
- A man who was completely innocent offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
- There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter.
Gordon B. Hinckley
- Easter tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals.
Charles M. Crowe
- Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.’
- Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.
Janine di Giovanni
- Jesus took my place on the cross to give me a place in heaven.
Spring is Here
- It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.
Rainer Maria Rilke
- The Earth laughs in flowers.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Where man sees but withered leaves, God sees sweet flowers growing.
- Those have a short Lent, who owe money to be paid at Easter.
- I must have flowers, always and always.
- April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.
- All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!
Lucy Van Pelt, Peanuts Comic
- Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless.
Charles M. Crowe
By Mike O’Halloran
These Happy Easter messages and quotes were compiled by Greeting Card Poet editor Mike O’Halloran.
You’re on Happy Easter.
You might like: